We plan on going back!!!!! Oh yes and please try to learn a little Spanish prior to going. Here is the break down.
Punta Cana Airport
- Very clean and safe.
- Your hotel transportation will be to your left right before the exit. There are people waiting to carry your luggage and sell you activities/SPAs/Misc things. Please call your transportation company prior to pick up for their uniform color.
- It’s a short walk to clear immigration and customs. If you allow a baggage handler to take your luggage please remember to tip them.
- Most resorts seem to be about 20 minutes from the airport.
- The Front desk is awesome. Miguelina was THE BEST!!! very accommodating and extremely pleasant/helpful. While you’re checking in you can get enjoy an alcoholic beverage. In addition, Alexandria was also pleasant and helpful.
- This is also the time to book any activities or make reservation for any of the restaurants. At guest services, please see Paulo or Omar.
- Paulo was THE BEST!!! Very accommodating, humble, pleasant and helpful. Omar is AWESOME he sent a complementary bottle of champagne to our room to celebrate our birthdays. =)
- The rooms were clean. Everything was nice and updated except for the bathroom. The bath tub was out dated and peeling a little. It is tolerable. The shower did have bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. This is awesome for all carryon baggage folks like us.
- We stayed in room 1027. Ice COLD A/C with controls. Nice king bed, mini bar had juice, water, beer, peanuts and chips. Awesome room to stay in as it’s within walking distance to pool, bar and beach. However, the balconies on the first floor do not have railing.
- You have lawn chairs right off the balcony on the first floor rooms.
- In general the food is ok. If you’re looking for authentic Dominican food, then you might get disappointed.
- Breakfast buffet at Caribe is the BEST!!!!! You must see my two Amigos at the omelet stations! Also the freshly made crepes are good!
- Lunch and dinner at the buffet were catered to European/American cuisine. Its ok, but again we were looking for authentic Dominican food.
- Get to the buffet early as all of the good food disappears fast. Like pineapples, pastas, flan and croissants. The soft serve ice cream is ok, but the hard ice cream has a bit of a medicine taste.
- Our favorite was Chez Gourmet. The food is GREAT here!!! Thanks to Paulo and Maria my girlfriend’s birthday cake was to die for. VERY pleased with Chez! Also try the Cone filled with basil cream and exotic fruits. Maria was very accommodating, humble and nice.
- Our second favorite was La Brisa. The food was awesome, but the deserts were off a little.
- Now we didn’t try the Steak house, Italian, Japanese or French restaurants. However, our friends Chelsea and Ricky didn’t recommend them for our stay.
- The pool is nice, clean and big. The deepest side is by Bohio Bar and its 5’7” deep there.
- The pool and the whirlpool in the middle are not heated.
- It was a little like seaweed heaven. However, there were cleanup crews on the beach to manage the seaweed.
- The beach sand is soft and white. You can walk bare foot almost everywhere.
- The water is clean and for the most part nice. During our stay the beach had cool Caribbean wind which made everything seem colder. A few days during our stay my girlfriend needed a sweater while the sun was out. For me it was like heaven as I love the mix of hot sun and cool Caribbean breeze.
- Rule number 1 – Be prepared to see some outrageous pricing.
- Rule number 2 – Be prepared to negotiate.
- You will find everything you need here. Jewelry, alcohol, cigars, clothing, toiletries, paintings and snacks/food.
- STOP by Aqua Beach Club to enjoy some Dominican food. It’s the bar with Presidente tables in front and wood beach chairs with red cushion pillows. See Theo he’s awesome!!!
- Miguel and Yamira will GET YOU =). They are AWESOME. Hotel shows starts at 9:30 don’t be late and be open to participating. Winners normally get a prize that’s good… hint hint
- We did the Punta Cana Boogie and it was fun. Be prepared to get dirty. Bring a bandana to cover your nose/mouth and sun shades or glasses to cover your eyes.
- We also wanted to do Catalina Island, but the weather was funky so we decided not to.
- Our friends Alley and Omar recommended the SPA boat and Canopy zip lines.
- I would suggest you tip similar as you were back home. If you had awesome service, please leave a tip.
- We tipped drivers, luggage handlers, front desk, guest services, breakfast/lunch/dinner staff, bar and maid/mini bar.
- A nice hola, smile and tip will take you far people =).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana