My wife planned this vacation and researched it and we had never been to an all inclusive and I was a little wary of the concept since I like eating out at different places - but I was good to go and even if it wasn't the best experience I wasnt going to be a baby about it. Well, it was more than a best experience, it was excellent, it exceed my expectations for service and I am a generally cranky guy.
Upon arriving on to the grounds of the resort, which are extensive prior to actually getting to the lobby, it was clear that everything was well maintained, groomed, painted, and people were performing these tasks as we arrived. The open air lobby entrance is beautiful and pleasing, our bags were immediately received, tied together by a valet, then we went to the check in counter and we were courteously and wellreceived, and escorted to the Premium Club office/lounge, where we were warmly received and checked in by Aracelis who from that moment on for the entire week took deep ownership in looking after us and making sure we were happy in every way.
We upgraded to a beachfront unit, and she escorted us to several units and we settled on a second floor unit, of which the availability was doubtful, but she persisted on her cell phone until she was successful obtaining it for us. We saw Aracelis during the week and in every instance she greeted us with a customer service attitude which we know is an expectation at high level organizations, but her desire to serve is so much a part of who she is that it was more than work, it was a part of her fiber and our happiness was her top priority. Good business and outstanding caring.
We didn't realize we were in an adults only resort. We have done a lot of beach vacations with our three children while they were growing up and it is nice looking back on it but extra nice just being the two of us and not having to look after anyone else. We loved Adults Only! Don't get me wrong, we love kids, but it was great not having them all around us. We will look for this option again in further travel and recommended it to couples like us, late 50's, working or recently retired who have had beacoup family-type vacations.
We were very pleased most of all with the people in all service areas. I mentioned Aricelis, All the staff in the Premium Club section were oustandingly customer-centered. In addition, Mabel helped us for about an hour while we were struggling to print boarding passes. She went out of her way dealing with technical issues dealing with airline reservations and a cranky printer.
Our room was kept clean for a whole week by a wonderful room keeper. She did not miss a beat and looked after our needs. The furniture and room arrangement was pleasant and functional. The bed mattress was extremly firm and comfortable with an array of pillows to fit every pillow need. The area was very quiet with the exception of one night where whomever was in the room next to us was up very early talking loudly on the phone and with another person and laughing loudly, but that was just one night.
We hung around the Bohio "Chill Out" Bar either by the pool or right next to it on the beach most of the week. We drink alcohol moderatly, but they had a good mix of drinks, quick service, and also excellent coffee, both american, Dominican/Caribbean, Expressos, so I
drank coffee and asked for bottled water about as often as others drank. The only problem with the Chill Out Bar is that they have a great music loop of about 30 minutes which is a wonderful and perfect latin/funk/disco/electronic/beat combination but they play it over and over every single day we were there so it got very monotinous if you were near the Chill Out Bar. If they kept the same music but had a much larger sample, it would be perfect.
Again, the help was extremely polite, and always greated us with a smile and "hola!" where ever and when ever we encountered them. My wife is American, I am Cuban American, but have lived in the midwest most my life, and I am a white Hispanic but people often say I dont seem Hispanic, whatever that means. We found most the staff, even cleaning staff anf valets to be able to converse in enough English to communicate comfortably and they were usually surprised when I spoke in Spanish and I used it with them. Yes, Spanish was a help, of course, but my wife would say that even without my ability to speak Spanish we would have felt the same.
The food was very good, particularly at the Caribbean restaurant right there at Bavaro Beach. In fact we liked it so much we cancelled some reservations at the evening restaurants so we could choose our own food buffet style and dine looking at the ocean and beautiful palm trees that are every where providing such a pleasant canopy. As for the reservations only restaurants, we liked the Japanese steak house, and the Italian Restaurant the most. We did not like the French restaurant, Le Comedie. The others were okay, but when we return, we will probably eat more evenings at the buffets, less time, more choices.
I want to particularly point out one server, Jesus Lebron, who got to know us well, looked after us so carefully and immediately know that my wife wanted a diet coke and I wanted a cafe con leche without sugar and anticipated it. Again, good service/good business, he made us feel like it made his deay to see us, and it genuinely made our day to see him.
The nightly entertainment was very good. They have dance instructors to teach basic latin dances and they make everyone feel very comfortable. We heard two excellent latin orchestras and an outstanding Michael Jackson Impersonator whith a dance team that was a spot on for Michael Jackson and his productions. It was fun to sit at night in the lovely open air (covered roof though) theater, have drinks, and enjoy the entertainment.
The beach was clean and beautiful. They combed the beach for sea weed every day. You can go in the water without any water shoes as there are no rocks or shells. The pool is extremely beautiful and expansive, not croweded at all, with Palm trees all around and in the pool itself. There are always plenty of places to lay out on the beach under the palms, and even around the pool, but you want to get out earlier to get the choice spots, specially if you want to be in a hut out of the sun.
I wish I could remember the name of the valet who helped us get our luggage when we were departing, he was so personal. He is studying accounting. His manner was so sweet, kind, and caring.
So in closing, my wife and I were wanting a quiet week just to decompress on the beach, in warm clear, clean water, read books, relax. We didn't want outdoor adventure. We wanted to chill. That is exactly what happened and what the Bavoro Beach Resort delivered. We have confidence in the Barcelo Brand trusting that this excellence in relationships, customer service and quality control will be replicated at other resorts through out the world, and we plan to return again to the Bavaro Beach (Adults Only) results hopefully many times again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana