“A perfect week at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kansas City, Missouri
“A perfect week at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife planned this vacation and researched it and we had never been to an all inclusive and I was a little wary of the concept since I like eating out at different places - but I was good to go and even if it wasn't the best experience I wasnt going to be a baby about it. Well, it was more than a best experience, it was excellent, it exceed my expectations for service and I am a generally cranky guy.

Upon arriving on to the grounds of the resort, which are extensive prior to actually getting to the lobby, it was clear that everything was well maintained, groomed, painted, and people were performing these tasks as we arrived. The open air lobby entrance is beautiful and pleasing, our bags were immediately received, tied together by a valet, then we went to the check in counter and we were courteously and wellreceived, and escorted to the Premium Club office/lounge, where we were warmly received and checked in by Aracelis who from that moment on for the entire week took deep ownership in looking after us and making sure we were happy in every way.

We upgraded to a beachfront unit, and she escorted us to several units and we settled on a second floor unit, of which the availability was doubtful, but she persisted on her cell phone until she was successful obtaining it for us. We saw Aracelis during the week and in every instance she greeted us with a customer service attitude which we know is an expectation at high level organizations, but her desire to serve is so much a part of who she is that it was more than work, it was a part of her fiber and our happiness was her top priority. Good business and outstanding caring.

We didn't realize we were in an adults only resort. We have done a lot of beach vacations with our three children while they were growing up and it is nice looking back on it but extra nice just being the two of us and not having to look after anyone else. We loved Adults Only! Don't get me wrong, we love kids, but it was great not having them all around us. We will look for this option again in further travel and recommended it to couples like us, late 50's, working or recently retired who have had beacoup family-type vacations.

We were very pleased most of all with the people in all service areas. I mentioned Aricelis, All the staff in the Premium Club section were oustandingly customer-centered. In addition, Mabel helped us for about an hour while we were struggling to print boarding passes. She went out of her way dealing with technical issues dealing with airline reservations and a cranky printer.

Our room was kept clean for a whole week by a wonderful room keeper. She did not miss a beat and looked after our needs. The furniture and room arrangement was pleasant and functional. The bed mattress was extremly firm and comfortable with an array of pillows to fit every pillow need. The area was very quiet with the exception of one night where whomever was in the room next to us was up very early talking loudly on the phone and with another person and laughing loudly, but that was just one night.

We hung around the Bohio "Chill Out" Bar either by the pool or right next to it on the beach most of the week. We drink alcohol moderatly, but they had a good mix of drinks, quick service, and also excellent coffee, both american, Dominican/Caribbean, Expressos, so I
drank coffee and asked for bottled water about as often as others drank. The only problem with the Chill Out Bar is that they have a great music loop of about 30 minutes which is a wonderful and perfect latin/funk/disco/electronic/beat combination but they play it over and over every single day we were there so it got very monotinous if you were near the Chill Out Bar. If they kept the same music but had a much larger sample, it would be perfect.

Again, the help was extremely polite, and always greated us with a smile and "hola!" where ever and when ever we encountered them. My wife is American, I am Cuban American, but have lived in the midwest most my life, and I am a white Hispanic but people often say I dont seem Hispanic, whatever that means. We found most the staff, even cleaning staff anf valets to be able to converse in enough English to communicate comfortably and they were usually surprised when I spoke in Spanish and I used it with them. Yes, Spanish was a help, of course, but my wife would say that even without my ability to speak Spanish we would have felt the same.

The food was very good, particularly at the Caribbean restaurant right there at Bavaro Beach. In fact we liked it so much we cancelled some reservations at the evening restaurants so we could choose our own food buffet style and dine looking at the ocean and beautiful palm trees that are every where providing such a pleasant canopy. As for the reservations only restaurants, we liked the Japanese steak house, and the Italian Restaurant the most. We did not like the French restaurant, Le Comedie. The others were okay, but when we return, we will probably eat more evenings at the buffets, less time, more choices.

I want to particularly point out one server, Jesus Lebron, who got to know us well, looked after us so carefully and immediately know that my wife wanted a diet coke and I wanted a cafe con leche without sugar and anticipated it. Again, good service/good business, he made us feel like it made his deay to see us, and it genuinely made our day to see him.

The nightly entertainment was very good. They have dance instructors to teach basic latin dances and they make everyone feel very comfortable. We heard two excellent latin orchestras and an outstanding Michael Jackson Impersonator whith a dance team that was a spot on for Michael Jackson and his productions. It was fun to sit at night in the lovely open air (covered roof though) theater, have drinks, and enjoy the entertainment.

The beach was clean and beautiful. They combed the beach for sea weed every day. You can go in the water without any water shoes as there are no rocks or shells. The pool is extremely beautiful and expansive, not croweded at all, with Palm trees all around and in the pool itself. There are always plenty of places to lay out on the beach under the palms, and even around the pool, but you want to get out earlier to get the choice spots, specially if you want to be in a hut out of the sun.

I wish I could remember the name of the valet who helped us get our luggage when we were departing, he was so personal. He is studying accounting. His manner was so sweet, kind, and caring.

So in closing, my wife and I were wanting a quiet week just to decompress on the beach, in warm clear, clean water, read books, relax. We didn't want outdoor adventure. We wanted to chill. That is exactly what happened and what the Bavoro Beach Resort delivered. We have confidence in the Barcelo Brand trusting that this excellence in relationships, customer service and quality control will be replicated at other resorts through out the world, and we plan to return again to the Bavaro Beach (Adults Only) results hopefully many times again.

Room Tip: The beachfront second or third story room was definately worth the slight extra cost. We did not us...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ralph T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,365)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Berlin Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We have been to Punta Cana 5 times and stay at a different resort each time. We would stay here again. Staff friendly & grounds very clean Specialty resturants very good. Buffet just OK. Beach is wonderful and adults only section quiet & relaxing.We would recommend this resort to our friends

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Eugene S
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wonderful vacation. Hotel was nice and the service was good. Buffet was good though repetitive some nights.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sue A
, Quality Department at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers around the world who do not know us yet. We really appreciate your trust and confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel and hope to welcome you soon. Remember to contact us in your next visit that we will be more than happy to welcome you once again to our Caribbean paradise, always your second home.

Sincerely yours,

Quality Department
Barceló Bávaro Beach
ATLANTA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I would not recommend this hotel
#1 . The customer service was awful - most of the staff could not speak english and didn't try to
Understand , they had terrible dispositions . I was there for a wedding and the private wedding planner
From Atlanta mentioned she had to call the general manager for responses- no one was returning
Her calls 10 days before the wedding. The lobby operator nor the customer service office could
Understand my request for laundry service. Many members of my party complained of the service.
#2. Food- at best the taste was below average in the cafeteria . However, the presentation was nice. Hardly any American food. At the nice restaurants on property, the food was just okay
My husband and I tipped the staff to get into the fine dining pretty Mexican restaurant my food was just okay . My husband said it was the worst burrito he has had

#3. Cleanliness- while it wasn't dirty. It surely was far from spotless. I stepped on chicken bones 2 different times at the adult beach area. I went into a beautifully decorated beach bathroom that
Had the odor of 10 dead bodies. It appeared as though the plumbiing had been neglected for some time.

Try another place until they improve ,while the site is huge and lovely at night. You deserve better
Even if the price is reasonable

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rachel2384
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I went to the Barcelo Beach Adults only and we had the best time ever. When we arrived at check in they told us we couldn't check in at the regular counter that we needed to go to the premium side to check in. As we walked in to the premium side we were greeted by friendly staff, Joanna Sedeno was our concierge and checked us in. She was so helpful and explained how the hotel worked and everything you can imagine about the hotel. She even took us to our suite and made sure everything was ok in our room. We would go in to the premium lounge daily and have breakfast...and campaign too. We were always greeted with a smile by Sol who always helped us during the day. At night we were greeted by Noemi Frances and Aracelis Del Rosario who were also very helpful. When Joanna was not available we were helped by 2 other concierges, Jasmin Jimenez and Henrry Linares. The staff made the trip so enjoyable and they greeted us by name when we walked in to the lounge. For my birthday my husband had reserved an intimate dinner on the beach and we were waited hand and foot by Daniel Rojas, he went as far as lending us his phone so we could listen to some music as we ate dinner, when he didn't have to do this. Daniel and another college also brought me a cake and sang happy birthday to me. I have to say that this staff: Joanna, Jasmin, Aracelis, Noemi, Sol, Henrry and Daniel made my trip even more enjoyable. I can not say enough about this group they were the best!! I would recommend going to this resort, I know we will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: I would suggest when you book at this hotel you choose Premium Rooms!! You get VIP treatment 24/7!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ErikaBarrera
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were here for 3 days - the adult section of the beach is absolutely beautiful to just sit and enjoy the breeze and the water. Plenty of food but bland.

Customer service is the worst you will experience. The people who work the front desk at check- in and those in guest services are beyond rude. It is like you are bothering them if you ask a question.

It is obvious that there is no training regarding customer service. Also you would think that management would at least have employees at the front desk who speak and understands English.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank PJ0516
Indiana, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed on the adults only side - it was spectacular!! It's amazing the difference it makes being in an adults only resort! Everything- from our room to the restaurants to the pool- was so clean and beautiful! The service was great too! All of our requests were granted and everyone was easy to talk to - other resorts in Punta Cana were difficult to communicate our needs due to the language barrier. The beach was beautiful with great seating areas and great bar service. There were also great perks, including a free 20 minute massage by the pool every day, a hydrotherapy massage daily, and a huge bottle of Ron Barcelo rum to take home! I would definitely recommend this resort (adults only side) to anyone! We are already talking about our next vacation!

Room Tip: Ocean view was amazing! Walked right out onto the beach every morning!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie P
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your positive review and for let us know that we were able to impress you during your honeymoon. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with many other travelers around the world who do not know us yet and also for your confidence in our Barceló Bávaro Beach Hotel. We will be more than happy to welcome you once again, so please in an upcoming visit do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely yours,