My husband and I stayed at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults section for about a week at the beginning of July.
PEOPLE: Dominicans are very friendly and nice people. A lot speak a bit of English. But knowing Spanish would definitely be beneficial.
TOURISTS: The majority I would say are from Europe and South America. A lot of Russians. Not too many Americans and Canadians. Hardly any from Asia.
ROOMS: The first room we were given in build.3 on the 3 floor was nice but the bathtub was absolutely disgusting mostly yellow and rusted. So I asked the cleaning ladies that I saw outside if all rooms were like that (it's handy to speak Spanish). They showed us a vacant room next door and the bathroom was better (still far from what you would expect). They even called the reception and we moved into that room. The room was clean. The TV worked fine, it's just took us a while to figure out where the English channels were since they didn't match the numbers on the channel listing. It was very quiet with the exception of peacocks screaming early in the morning a couple of times.
FOOD: Food was OK, I'd say you won't go hungry. We found the buffet restaurant in the Deluxe part of the resort to have more variety, like some reviewers had mentioned earlier. We didn't go to the restaurants where you had to make reservations because my husband didn't bring long pants and shorts weren't allowed, which wasn't a big deal.
ENTERTAIN.:The entertainment was very poor. There was hardly anybody watching it. It would be so nice if they had locals singing, dancing wearing traditional costumes. I would love that. But instead they had some boring lip singing and harem dancing. The beach was very nice! This is one thing I liked the most. It is very long and very wide with plenty of palm trees that provided plenty of shade. The entertainment on the beach was better. Aerobic dances were pretty good.
SHOPPING: There were a lot of expensive shops in the Deluxe part of the resort. Nothing we don't have in the US. There was one gift shop in the adult section. They don't take cash at the gift shops. A lot of African souvenirs, considering the history. There is a local beach right next to the adult resort with a lots of little shops and anybody can go there. Prices there were better than at the resort for some common souvenirs. But not everything.
POOL: nice but hard to find a chaise in a shady spot. We spent only one day at the pool.
TRIPS: We went on a wonderful trip Mega Truck Safari with Olympus Tours. Visited local school (only two students were there "on duty" I guess). I am a teacher so that was very interesting to me. We drove quite a bit here and there in the province of La Altagracia, visiting local villages and the town of Higuey. There is a 500 year old church there and a big Cathedral. We saw sugar cane plantation and went to somebody's house higher in the mountains, probably stage, but interesting nevertheless. We visited a little cigar stand and the girl who rolled the cigars offered us some, which we couldn't resist, though neither one of us smokes. It was fun. We went horseback riding for about 20-25 min - it was very hot. Than we had Dominican lunch - simple, but tasty. We last stop was at the Macao Beach, the only public beach of the area - beautiful! We were back at the resort at about 5 PM. There was a bartender on our truck serving beer, coca-cola, sprite, water, rum drinks all the time. That was all included in the price which was about $90 per person. We loved this trip!
Overall we loved our stay, but probably wouldn't go back because there are so many other places to explore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana