This was my first tropical holiday and the only good part of this resort was the beach. We stayed in the Adults only area and the beaches were never overcrowed and always kept clean. I would never go back and if I could I would ask for my money back. The food was horrible and was hungry for most of the week we were there. We tried a couple of the al a carte restaraunts and was disgusted. The steak I'm sure was not beef from the steak house and the seafood one was just as bad. I was looking so forward to the seafood at this resort but our cheap Red Lobster in Canada is a thousand times better. I realized half way through the stay that they just wipe out your room glasses with rags and the sheets were only changed 1 time it was disgusting. Its hot and humid so you sweat at nite so clean sheets daily would have been nice. We just about had to beg for clean towels on a daily basis. The language barrier is incredible even at the front desk we had difficulties communicating what we needed it was very frustrating. After realizing how they cleaned our room I looked at utensils before eating and everytime for 4 days I had to wipe them off with my napkin before eating it was gross having to clean your utensils before eating every meal. We tipped for every drink and meal but that did not improve our service so I would not waste your money tipping at this resort. We only did one excursion because I was so disgusted with the garbage EVERYWHERE outside of the resort. We went on the dune buggies and ended up going through mud that was mixed with their sewage waste running into ditches and were bombarded by peddlers at every stop which was very annoying and took away from the whole excursion. Do not waste your money we spent 4500 to stay 1 week here and I have never felt so ripped off before. I will never travel there again and will tell everyone I know not to go there. We are both still sick from our stay there which makes it even worse. We had a noon check out and our bus didnt come to pick us up until 6 pm which was very inconvient they leave your luggage sit out in the front lobby for 6 hours unless you insist on it being but into a luggage room. This is suppose to be a 4 star hotel in canada the food and service and rooms would be a 2 star in Canada I'm pretty sure the budget hotel in Canada is cleaner than the rooms at this resort. The drinks had maybe half ounce of booze in them but no more. What a waste of money!
Being Canadian we are sometime over polite so it was stunning to see and experience how rude some peope were 4 out of 5 of the french speaking tourist were extremely rude I dont even know how to discribe the level of rudness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Barcelo, Odigeo, Travelbag, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana