We were first timers for Cheap Caribbean (CC) and Barceló Bavaró Beach Resort (All Inclusive), however as couple in the 55-65 group who has traveled and lived internationally well-seasoned travelers. The CC agent was polite and professional handling questions and travel arrangements as well as follow-up e-mail. The CC agent somewhat pushed us into staying 8 days instead of our originally planned 7 days, pointing out the extra day would make us eligible for extra redeemable discount coupons for room upgrades, meal, and services.
We wanted the Jr. Suite and the CC agent told us the extra days made us available for a $400 Jr. Suite Voucher, however he would not be able to do it but all we had to do is present the coupon upon check-in. This turned out to be a classic “Bait & Switch”, as upon check-in we were told all Jr. Suites were occupied and in 2 days we could change our room in the golf course section to a Jr. Suite… no problem! Day 3 turned out to be a day that I not forget, as the front desk indicated that all Jr. Suites were considered ocean view, yes the $400 coupon was redeemable, and surprise surprise the Jr. Suite required another $1,200 in addition to the coupon and they pointed out the fine print on the coupons that we were issued after checking-in. Classic Bait & Switch and in my view both CC and Barceló should probably share the responsibility in this shameful & dishonest ruse and we didn’t reward this behavior with more of our money.
Barceló Bavaró Beach Resort rates as the top of our list in the 4-5 Star category. RESORT: professional impeccable STAFF: professional friendly courteous extremely well trained ROOM: updated clean great maids A/C excellent BEACH & POOL: great choice of pools & bars beach was well cleaned and well groomed.
RESTAURANTS: The trick of the restaurants is too immediately after check-in reserve a table at each restaurants for your total stay, as the reservation systems is total mess. We tried to book at several restaurants at a specific time and were told they were completely booked or not available for our time. We took the time and looked in at restaurants we were told were booked and at least 20% of the tables were vacant. Not sure what the issue is, however it’s a mess and frustrating and can be mitigated by booking at all restaurants after checking-in. BUFFET: Good to above average choices & quality FRENCH: Good $20 surcharge each with voucher SPANISH: Very good JAPANAISE: Excellent MEXICAN: Excellent ITALY: Excellent STEAKHOUSE: Excellent SEE FOOD: Average to poor MEDITERRANEAN: N/A SPORTS BAR: Average to poor.
We will definably go to another Barceló property in the future as the staff and property impressed us. The poor practice of Bait & Switch by both Barceló front desk & Cheap Caribbean staff by will surely cause many to leave with a bad experience, however we will have our eyes open and will require written confirmation of all verbal promises before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana