I will start by pointing out that the only positive things about this entire experience was the post card like sand, water and weather!!! Our travel dates were 11/3/13-11/10/13. The weather channel said 70% chance of rain every day before we left, however to our suprise we had 85-90 degree weather everyday with no rain.
The issues you need to be aware:
1. Food is unedible. By this I mean even my dog wouldn't eat the food. Our diet consisted of bread, french fries and ice cream for the week. The only restraunt that had decent food was the Japenese one. Otherwise, plan to starve or bring alot of snacks.
2. Guest of the resort are RUDE! Majority of folks on the resort were Russian and very rude. We are American and did find a handful of other people who experienced the same thing. I've never had so much smoke blown in my face, cut off in so many lines or talked over when trying to have a regular conversation.
3. Employees of the resort are not accomidating. They act like they don't speak english, but they do. They just don't want to help. It's nothing like Mexico or other countries where tourism is a business.
4. Room--walls in the room are paper thin. We had a neighbor who decided to leave the TV on all night which was horribly loud and annoying. We also could hear every move they made in the room. Not really relaxing....
5. Towels--never could get the same thing each day. Apparently washclothes are in high demand b/c getting one was nearly impossible.
6. Ecoli--thank you so much for the Ecoli that you sent me home with....that was a real pleasure to get to miss 3 days of work after a vacation and have stomach pains worse than child labor all because someone choose to not wash their hands.....i never ate anything washed in the water, I brushed my teeth with bottled water and still.....got it. Doctor said likely was from someone who was infected touching a fork/spoon or glass that i ate or drank off of.
7. FRAUD CHARGES--and the real icing on the cake is the FRAUD charges I just got on my credit card which is why i finally decided to write a review. UNREAL! The only place I used my credit card was ON THE RESORT to settle up charges at the end of the trip.
In summary---We would NEVER recommend anyone going to this place. If you do...plan to take extra time off to get over a nasty illness and spend your valuable time resetting up all your auto pays on your credit card.
I thought Jamiaca was bad.....boy, was i wrong. This was worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Barcelo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana