We Just got back from a 1 week stay, Celebrated our 10yr Anniversary.
* The resort itself was beautiful. The hotel was kept up well and maintenance was always being done. Decorated nicely
* Despite reading some reviews of the rooms being outdated, ours was great and looked newly renovated. The A/C worked great and the bed was pretty awesome. House keeping did a good job for the most part. We did notice our bath tub wasn't cleaned too well when we got there and on one day they didn't leave us towels. I called them and they never brought more so we used our beach towels after we showered. However, in the shower they have a mounted dispenser that has body wash, shampoo and conditioner. The body wash section wasn't working and when we asked the housekeeping lady, she was able to fix it. (room# 2031) Garden/Pool view
* Pool was nice but needs music….can’t really hear the music from the bar.
* The food was more a hit than a miss. Breakfast was always good. The desserts aren't that great but the Coffee....Greatness!
* The beach was very nice. The palm trees are your only source for shade and after the first day, we needed it.
* Drinks were good. We took our own mugs and they filled them to the brim.
* La Brisa ( a restaurant on the resort) seemed to be the only place where the hospitality was overflowing. Everywhere else, not so much. When we arrived, it was a "Hi..Welcome...Here is your key...Thank you.." Not a welcome drink or an explanation of the hotels amenities and not even an offer to see if we wanted to upgrade our room (I probably would have paid for the upgrade). It may just be me, but since it was our anniversary I was kind’a hoping for a better welcome. I guess Mexico has me spoiled.
*WiFi is $45 for your stay if you want it.
*Room Service was not included (might be if you upgrade but not sure)
* No swim up bar
* No Beach Bar
* They only serve Presidente beer, Dominican beer. Budweiser and Heineken are available for $3 or 2 for $5
* The beach is pretty loud. Every 10 min there was a party boat going by and the music is LOUD! I'm a musician and when I say loud, these boats were blast'n....no joke. There were also Helicopters and there was this wind glider/boat thing that was flying around as well. Add in the glass bottom boat, the speed boats (i think that’s what they were), the boat that pulls the big banana around and another boat that pulls this big raft that you can sit on....there is just too much going on. I tried to drown out the sounds to relax but sometimes they were just over bearing and annoying after a while.
* No night life other than the shows. You'll have to walk (10 min) or take the transport to the Palace Deluxe, the family section. There is a Club, A Casino, Strikers (sports bar) and a Cigar/Coffee bar.
* If you want to do some souvenir shopping there is a little shopping area that is a very short walk on the beach. Just get ready to get mobbed. haha...you can really haggle with them and get some good deals. For example, a coffee mug in the gift shop will cost you $9, you can get the same one for half the price.
* For the beach, Find a spot near La Brisa restaurant. Its less crowded when it comes to getting drinks and a very short walk since there isn’t a beach bar.. Andrea is amazing! she'll hook you up. You can also lunch there and the hospitality at this restaurant was the best in the entire complex. Saludos a Marion, Lucia, Peter, Andrea and Eric! Wonderful people!
* For my Cigar friends, I would not buy the Cigars they sale at the shopping area on the beach I mentioned. I bought some and were not good at all. And for the Cigars on the resort, get ready to spend at least $25-$50 for a decent smoke. There is a free shuttle that can take you to the shopping center where the cigars are more affordable and fresher. If you can, although the taxi there might be pricey, there is a cigar maker called Rancho Real....Best cigars I've had. We went on an excursion with an offsite company and they took us here...the cigars here were great. I bought 20 for $50...That was the cost of 2 cigar at the Palace Deluxe.
We did enjoy our stay here for the most part. For our first time, it was a fun experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana