“This place is amazing in service and speedy. Not like the island time that everyone says.”

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ramona pereya is amazing at booking reservations and taking care of your needs. Almost for anything that we wanted. I highly recommend this resort. Food is awesome and friendly service. Plus it's beautiful. Rooms are great.

• Stayed: July 2014
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Bed Bugs!!!!!!!Listed as a four star hotel. When we asked the representative about why we were advised why it was listed as a four star hotel as it was just barely a 3 star, we were advised that the ratings are listed by the tour operators. I think that as a consumer that your company is selling the hotel name and representing the services given to your clients. You are responsible to evaluate the vacations you sell. Clearly this was not done. The rooms were being fumigated for bugs and when we asked what bugs we were lied to by the representative on site stating its tropical and there are bugs. I fully understand that but because my Daughter was pregnant and I was worried about the substance used I opted out of the fumigation only to find out there was bed bugs in the room. Very poor service. We bought internet services from the hotel advised that we pay the one price and we will not get roaming fees, this also a lie. I would rather pay a lot of money and get the truth. I know better now to not use a certain travel agency in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Sharon D

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing these lines with the online community.

We are really Sorry for the negative perception that has led to our Hotel and our services, our goal is to serve our customers and meet the needs thereof. According to the comments of the same customers who have stayed at our hotel are what we have described as a 5-star hotel, in addition to our facilities have We won several international awards in various categories like Cleaning and Hygiene, selection of quality, environment , and others.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences or difficulties you may have experienced during your stay.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again to demonstrate you the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years, and that way be able to change any negative perception you may have.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently returned from my Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only resort experience and it was fabulous. I was so impressed by the manicured grounds and the beautiful bright red and white colonial style bungalows that housed all of the rooms. The rooms were super clean and the beds were very crisp and comfortable. The staff was amazing, they were very accommodating and the entertainment was great. I can honestly say the best aspect was the fact that the resort was adults only, as a result the resort had a spa vibe, they played soft Euro music and we never had to fight for a beach chair, there were enough for us all. The pool was so relaxing and in close proximity to the bar. The beach was gorgeous, I preferred to escape the crowds and enjoy the beach by the La Brisas restaurant. Overall the food was okay, it wasn't spectacular but certainly better than the food you have son a cruise. The staff all work very hard to cater to your every need. I will say there English is limited so having a Spanish translation book would be helpful. Drinks were amazing all were very good and we did not have to wait very long for a drink. I loved the bright orange towels in contrast to the white sand and the gorgeous sea, clearly I understand why Bavaro Beach is one of the top 10 beaches in the world! I did venture to the Bavaro Palace Deluxe for the day and it had a mall vibe and was kind of cheesy. The pools were over crowded and it was a little more of a party resort with lots of screaming kids. I also went to Club Bavaro one night, which was fun, but the downside you are partying with other tourists and unfortunately prostitutes. Needless to say we were very eager to return to the adult side. Even on our last day a family of peacocks came to visit us on our patio it was the icing on the cake. I will certainly stay at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only again and again, it was relaxing, serene, and overall just fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank Amber M

Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort.

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service.

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to have provided you a great time, which reflects the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We was very impressed from the moment we arrived. The check in went smoothly, our hotel room was ready, and the property appearance was very clean. The staff is very friendly from the front desk, to quest services office, the bar, house keeping, and the food staff. Everyone works very hard to make your vacation worth staying and wanting to come back!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank david c

Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts as your holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.

Cordially,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed March 23 to 29. We stayed at the adults only. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The service was excellent, the rooms nice and we loved the food. The beach and pool were fantastic. There was more than enough room for everyone. I have been all over the Caribbean and have never wanted to go back to any of the places we have been. I stated while we were still there that I wanted to come back. It was paradise. I can't express how much we enjoyed the staff, the room (bottom floor, ocean front), the amenities just everything. It was a fantastic trip and we already have our trip booked for next year. We will be going for 12 days this time and we can't wait. Loved the Barcelo adults only. Thank you for such a fantastic trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Capms54

Dear guest,

First of all we thank you for choosing our hotel Barceló Bavaro Beach for your holidays and for the time you took to share your review with the online community.

I will like to thank you for highlighting out the excellent service of our friendly staff and also for pointing out the beauty of our grounds and our excellent gastronomy.

We will be honored to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

i stayed here over Christmas whilst my wife recovered in hospital from bronchitis, the hotel is very nice and the adult section had a fabulous pool area, there are plenty of loungers and a beautiful beach with lapping waves, unfortunately the water in front of the beach was very busy with boats passing constantly.the room was a little on the basic side and a little worn, but the fridge was stocked daily and housekeeping cleaned it well and it was only a 100 yards from the beach and i could see the sea from my patio.
the staff in the restaurant where helpful and pleasant and the food was nice and a good choice, and the reception staff where excellent and helped me daily as i have to travel back and forth to the hospital, the resort its self is huge with a shuttle bus to the sister hotel, i found it great that i could wander along the beach in the edge of the lapping waves, on the way to and back from breakfast every morning what a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank llamedos60

Dear guest,

Regret that your wife was to go to the hospital, our desire was always help you needed it.

Thanks for choosing us for your vacation and take some time to write about your stay with us.

We hope that you can be once again with us and enjoy our services without having to visit the hospital

Reviewed 1 July 2014

For the second time I was there, between 17 - 25 June. It was an amazing time! Everything works in the hotel. The attendance was great, highlights to Miss Anny Herrera, Club Premium Concierge at Bavaro Beach, who made our (me and my girlfriend) time there the best! The rooms are big, clean and well decorated. Housekeeping must improve a little (I forgot to tip one day, next day my frigobar didn´t get replenished; the other day I tipped, frigo get replenished), but this is a little thing compared to the whole experience that I recommend the most. Service room was good too, besides didn´t serve all inclusive drinks, which I suggested to them. The place is the best: pool is great and warm, even in cloudy days, and the beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. Well cleaned by the hotel´s staff, of course, and pretty secure. Service at the lobby bar deserves highlight too. Mr. Jose Arno and Mr. Jensy del Rosario are awesome and funny, the best bartenders there! Thanks guys, the best drinks ever! Food is the best at Chez Gourmet, La Comedie, Kyoto and La Brisa. Coral Seafood must improve a lot: the night I was there, there was no seafood at the buffet! Didn´t understand, cause, it´s a seafood restaurant! Attendance was terrible too, the personell was confused and stressed. La Fuente must take care about the attendance too, the maitre is a little bit impacient and didn´t warned me that the dish I asked would come without the main ingredient of the recipe. So, I´ll skip it next time. At last, the excursions are great. Exausting, but in a good sense. Diving there is incredible, and they offer PADI certification course (4 days) if you want it all! Summarizing, it´s a fantastic place, with fantastic people! Go there if you can!

Room Tip: Block 4 rooms are silently, besides far from the rest of the hotel. Loved it!