Overall my husband and I did not enjoy our trip to this resort. We stayed in the adults only area and our room had an amazing ocean front view. The view was one of the only things we enjoyed. The beach is very pretty, however the water is filled with sea grass and debris that constantly washes onto the beach. During our 7 day stay the sand was not even cleaned daily, it needed to be cleaned every hour.
I would describe the food as school cafeteria. This is far from fine dining. If you like Shoney's, Mc Donald's, etc. you will be very happy here. The food in the a la carte restaurants is no different than the buffet food except you get to order your entree and dessert from a menu. Not to mention after eating breakfast on the second day of our trip I became very sick with a stomach virus that lingered for 5 days. The staff was not surprised that I had contracted something likely from the food.
The alcohol is horrible as well. The beer and wine both taste very watered down. It's definitely worth it to buy a bottle of wine. What would be a $4 bottle of wine a store in the US costs $25 there, even that said it was worth it. The liquor was even worse. I ordered a vodka martini and there wasn't even a taste of vodka, it was more like 100 proof grain alcohol. One sip and I couldn't stand anymore.
If you do not speak Spanish, you will be at a huge disadvantage here when trying to communicate with the majority of the staff. The staff should be trained in at least basic words that are needed for serving at resort restaurants and bars.
We paid for club premium which granted us essentially nothing other than a private check in and in room internet. The private check in even got messed up. When we first arrived we were directed to the main front desk and after the gentleman and 2 others looked for our reservation for 20 minutes, the response was "we can't find your reservation so you must be club premium and you should go to their desk". If he had bothered to look at the printed reservation papers I handed him he would have immediately seen what type of reservation we had, instead of freaking me out thinking they didn't have reservation. Why when typing my last name into the computer he couldn't see our reservation I'm not sure. The food in the club premium lounge is the same buffet crap you get at all the other restaurants. You might as well skip "club premium" and pay for the internet service.
Our room was serviced very sporadically. The towels were replinished daily but that was it, some days we didn't even get wash cloths. We waited three days before complaining that our mini bar and coffee items had not been replinished since we arrived, then it was another day before it was replinished.
The gym was a 15 minute walk from our room and didn't open until 7 am.
Needless to say we will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only*****hotel is located on one of the 10 best beaches in the world, in the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic. This dreamy hotel has reinvented itself after a complete renovation to become an exclusive hotel for adults only. The hotel offers first class rooms 80% of which are located right on the beachfront. This makes it the most perfect place for a romantic getaway. Enjoy the exquisite range of cuisine on offer at the hotel through the Barcelo All Inclusive Programme with its Caribbean Buffet, Chez Gourmet and La Brisa restaurants; 9 a-la-carte restaurant options: Chez Gourmet (international), La Brisa (Mediterranean), El Coral (fish and seafood), Santa Fe (meat), La Dolce Vita (Italian), Mexico Lindo (Mexican), La Fuente (Spanish), Kyoto (Japanese) and La Comedie (Gourmet - additional charge except for Club Premium guests). Visit the facilities where you can find different options to fill your days: football pitch, tennis court, swimming pool, golf course, water sports, wellness centre, theatre and casino. This exclusive resort set on a virgin beach welcomes you with a cocktail, spoils you with drinks by the pool and offers you a 45 minute hydrothermal circuit, per person once during your stay. There are also 2 massage beds in the pool area (at an additional charge). Staying at this hotel also grants guests access to the facilities of the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, a hotel which shares some of its services and facilities. This hotel is one of the very few in the country that boasts the international BLUE FLAG for compliance with the standards required by the non-profit non-governmental organisation the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). Come and rediscover the marvels the Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only***** hotel has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Barcelo, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Barcelo Bavaro Punta Cana
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
- Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Bavaro Beach Resort
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort Punta Cana