Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
14,371 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republicpersonal butlertime sharedestination wedding
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my daughter's and my first trip to Punta Cana and it is difficult to find fault with anything at this resort. We had a room conveniently close to the beach,pool and buffet. The Paradisus is on a large stretch of beachfront; we never found the beach crowded, and it was never an issue to obtain any kind of beach lounger or sunbed for the day. The waves were spectacular. We went parasailing one day with a non-hotel afiliated operation who offered a better price and ran a very safe operation, and took pics on our own camera. It was really a lot of fun. We both had a complete body massage at the spa and I highly recommend this; both women masseuses were very good. We found both buffets to be among the best that we have ever encountered in the Caribbean, and I recommend the Japanese restaurant not so much for its authenticity but for plain delicious fresh food, and the cooking experience at the table. The service was second to none, from the bartenders (hi to Rudolfo and YaBaby!) to the waiters , to the desk staff and everyone else. People went out of their way to ensure our safety and well-being. One night as it was becoming dark, my daughter and I were walking to a restaurant and a worker stopped what he was doing just to accompany us on our walk. Another time we had just missed a shopping bus and a desk attendant radioed to security to flag the bus down and it returned to pick us up. I could give you many more examples like this. We did not tip each time we got a drink, but that did not seem to influence the service; the workers were always gracious and the most mannerly people I have ever met. Our room was thoroughly cleaned every day and the beds were very comfy. The showers didn't have much pressure and there was no place to hang wet swim suits,but those are the only negatives. Everything else was above our expectations and therefore I feel very comfortable in recommending this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach can be noisier at night,we were in building 11 and it was perfect.
2  Thank vhilchey
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very disappointed. The Hotel is very nice on the outside. The personnel at this hotel are very friendly and very responsive to you. BUT - the room was very poor maintained. In the bathroom water was dripping from the ceiling. The room smelled very bad from the humidity. The beds where wet from the humidity. Furniture looked olded, sliding windows where broken and not able to lock. TV didn't work. Internet didn't work all the time. Also very slow. Bathroom design was not very good. Tiles broken. No safe. Closet broken was not able to slide the doors. Was very cheaply made. Lighting in the bathroom very poor. But my room was not the only one. We where there in a group and most of the other rooms where in the same condition.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank R R
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I just returned from my seventh visit to Paradisus Punta Cana in the last five years. I am very happy to say that it continues to exceed my expectations. My wife and I have already made plans to return with a group again next year.
Paradisus Punta Cana is a large all inclusive resort located on Bavaro Beach on the east coast of the Dominican Republic. From the expansive gorgeous white sand beach, the luscious tropical mangroves, the groomed gardens, the numerous and varied restaurants, to the inspiring architecture of the wonderfully positioned buildings, and the comfort of the accommodations, it is everything you would imagine a paradise location should be. It’s very spacious, but well-coordinated. While walking from the lobby or accommodations is not extreme, golf carts and trams (and this year: bicycles) are always available to whisk the weary traveler to a new diversion. While all the numerous restaurants may not be open off-season, the choices are diverse and the menu is expansive and tremendous. This year, the food selection is even better, and the quality is even improved! I understand thanks go to Mr. Frank Martinez for this! The wine list is expansive and exceeds even the most critical palate. Of course, the bars are well equipped and numerous!
However, the real jewel of Paradisus Punta Cana is the people. From the Gereral Manager Eduardo Perera Castro, to the un-named landscapers and beach-comber guys in the green coveralls, everyone always cheerfully continues what has become the excellent personal service that we had come to expect from this fine resort! Our friend, Guest Services Manager Nathaniel Perez, who personally handled one of our party's slight injury, took time for several chance meetings through the week, and even to join us for a meal or two, to the friendly good-bye; he is genuinely warm and friendly, and his entire Guest Services staff made us feel that we were not only their best guests, but their ONLY guests!
Their attitudes and professionalism also was emulated by the entire staff, who were warm, helpful, patient, caring, efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly. Most notably were: Sandra Cedeno, Iris, and Geuri, our Concierges; Maiker Ramirez, and Ramon Ramirez, Beach Runners; Adolfo Portes, Beach Bartender; Jose Luis de los Santos, Pool Runner; Miguel our great chef at Gabi Beach; and Kursy and Casimiro, also at Gabi Beach; and our frequent tram driver (and fellow Boston fan), Daniel. Also a special thank you to the Security Officers, they were never obtrusive but were friendly and always attentive. They never let the riff-raff bother the guests! I really can’t think of any of the staff that doesn’t deserve recognition, I just wish I could remember their names as well as I can remember their friendly smiles and helpfulness!
Absolutely the Best! I have not the slightest idea why this slice of Paradise is only rated #45. By any standard it should be #1! I would give it Ten Stars if I could!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Tadman1750
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

A BIG thank you for your comment. It is very satisfying reading that you have visit usfor seventh time now, in the last five years. Our main goal is to exceed our guest expectations and your loyalty is a great indicator that we are in the right path.
We really appreciated your recognition on our associates as well as your support and recommendation; we have shared your kind words with the team.
The opinion of our guests is very important for us, and much more, when is coming from a repeater guest because you can perceive and enjoy the improvements each year.
We look forward to welcoming you, your wife and the whole group soon.

Best Greetings,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We had a great and relaxing time - mostly due to the butler service from Enmanuel Sanchez. He was very attentive to our needs and is excellent at his job. The rest of the staff was really nice and welcoming. The food overall was good, but the buffet food at Gabi Beach could be improved. The beds and pillows are not very comfortable. We can't wait to return!

2  Thank mcnoll

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience with us, as well as choosing us as your destination for your first trip to the Dominican Republic.
We are glad to read that you spent a relaxing time and we appreciated your observations regarding the food at the Gabi Beach, which we have share with the Chef in order to follow up on it.
Once again, thank you very much. We can not wait to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My bf and I stayed 8 days and 7 nights at the Paradisus. As we checked in at the VIP lounge, Edward greeted us with cool towels to wash our hands, a warm happy smiling face, appetizers, and of course VIP alcohol. The lobby was gorgeous and even the wrist bands were beautiful. The rooms were beautiful, clean, and always stocked with enough beverages and towels. The first day rained pretty much all day but the rest of the week was sunny and warm. The food was amazing and always fresh. The waiters and bartenders were always cheerful and always greeting us with "hola" (even the workers outside). Our cleaning lady Ramona was a sweetheart and worked so hard. A shout out to Ramirez, Edward, and Christy in the VIP lounge who were always accommodating and made sure everything was perfect and would even follow up and call you back. Any issue we had, Edward and Ramirez were always there whenever we needed them and always fixed the issue and more. We miss you guys! Room service was also amazing with wine or champagne whenever you needed it. Diego the bellman was so kind and such a hard worker and always, always, always smiling. The staff there is absolutely amazing and so friendly and warm. The grounds were so clean and well kept and I would always wonder every day how they keep this huge resort so clean and beautiful. Just everything about this vacation was great and we will def. go back! Thanks again Ramirez, Edward, Christy, Diego, Ramona, and all the bartenders (esp. Gabi beach), and waiters for making our vacation wonderful!!! Wish we were still there!!!!

~Lauren Rivell from NJ

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren R

Dear Lauren,

First of all, thank you very much to share you experience with us. For comments like yours is that we work as hard every day, to contribute in creating memorable holidays.
Please be assure that your comments has been forward to the team, since is a great recognition to a job perfectly done.
We wish to have the pleasure to host you and your boyfriend again in Paradise!

Warmest Regards from Paradisus Punta Cana.