“Awesome Resort”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome Resort”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My sister and I were fortunate enough to spend 9 days here during the first two weeks of December 2013. From the moment we arrived, we were in awe of the service, the friendliness of the staff and the beauty of the resort. Our concierege, Jose Antonio, was very helpful in answering all of our questions and was always readily available. He referred us to Wander, of Olympus Tours, to schedule all of our off resort trips. Wander gave us excellent ideas of what to do or where to go. He also went above and beyond his job duties to help us out due to the language barrier we would encounter at times with the employees.

Our Junior Deluxe Suite was clean, the food was good, and the signature drink, Paradisus, was to die for! I have to admit we had quite a few of those.

The only down side to this trip was we couldn't get regular good old American unsweet ice tea (and my sister and I are both avid ice tea drinkers) and we could not get wash cloths. Every time we asked for them, we had to explain what they were and them we would get more bath towels. We wound up with 12 towels in our room, and not one single wash cloth.

We have already determined that when we take our families back to Punta Cana, we will be staying at Paradisus. We will just take wash cloths with us and plan on making sun tea.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anita W
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Anita,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are so happy to know that you had an awesome vacations and also that our staff succeed your expectations. Sorry for the inconveniences that you may have during your stayed, especially with the tea and wash cloths. As a part of our standard the wash cloths are include in each rooms, reason why we lament this particular experience.

Mrs. Anita, we hope to have your return to host you again.

Best regards,

Eduardo Perera,
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,135)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Punta Cana
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Need improve food in Gabi Beach ,Gabi club especialy for dinner,was always cut meet( same every day,a lot of tough meet no big meat like roast beef , pig roast, moore sea food like labster,shrimp, also they sould not charge for premium drinks for the price we paid .Very good service at the beach, Mikey Mikey is the best always busy ,vey friendly.At the Gabi Club Bianka very helpfull person ,very sweet girl.Every reustaurant offer more the same food.Was very nice but need same improvement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Malgorzata P
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The people of our staff that you mention in the comment will be very happy to know that they were part of your memorable vacation.

About the food, we will be working on it with our team.

We hope to see you soon, and be part of a different and unforgettable vacation experience.

Eduardo Perera,
Punta Cana
Reviewed 13 December 2013

daughters wedding was very memorable and excellantly performed by all support teams beautiful grounds, helpful staff great pools and ocean will try to visit again only negative was getting out of airport, a nightmare even won some $$$ at casino

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Donald B
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Donald,

We would like to thank for selecting Paradisus Punta Cana as a destination to celebrate such an important event as your daughter’s Wedding.
We are glad to read that you found our Resort to be a very nice place to spend a memorable holiday and that you enjoyed our grounds and have fun at the Casino.
We look forward for the opportunity of welcome you back in a near future.

Warmest regards,
Eduardo Perera
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our bartender, Alvin Martinez is the BEST!!
At Paradisus Punta Cana! Paradisus Punta Cana is the best! All the employees are awesome!!!
.. Ok beach is beautiful, white sand beaches, blue water. Excellente!!
Will definitely come back!
Good food!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive warmest greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana and thank you so much for sharing your ¨excellent¨ experience with us.
We are sharing your kind words with our team, especially with Alvin Martinez, as recognition of a job well done.
We hope to have the honor of greet you in a near future; our beach, white sand and blue water, awaits you!

Best Regards,
Eduardo Perera
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and vacationed at the Paradisus Punta Cana from 12/1-12/8, and had a great time. When we arrived on the property we were escorted to the VIP check in area by Jaskiera who made us feel very welcome and relaxed, and even made dinner reservations at the various restaurants for us.

We did not choose to upgrade to the Royal Service, and really don't feel like we missed out on anything. Our room was very nice, and whenever we needed anything, we called the front desk and were taken care of promptly.

The entire grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. We would spend the mornings and ealrly afternoon at the beach, and then head to the pool. Both were fun and had activities if you wanted to participate, or quieter areas if you did not.

The food was good, and had a good variety. We ate breakfast and most lunches at Gabi Beach, a nice buffet on the beach. Had a couple of lunches at the grill/bar at the pool which was tasty, convenient and quick. We had dinners at Bana (Japanese steak house) The Grill (traditional steak house), Vento, and Fuego. The only one we didn't care for was Fuego, but that is mainly because of the type of food there, not the quality.

To top off the great experience was the wonderful service we received from the Paradisus staff. Everyone was warm, friendly and helpful. I do want to specifically mention Martires Acosta who we met at Gabi Beach. We decided it would be easiest to go to the buffet for dinner our first night because we were tired from a long day of traveling. Martires came to our table to check on us and must have sensed that we were tired, and went out of his way to make sure that we had everything that we needed and were comfortable and relaxed. As we would each at Gabi Beach throughout the week Martires would always spot us and come over and talk to us for a minute. We looked forward to talking to Martires each day and learning more about each other. By the end of the week we had truly made a new friend.

Overall, we had a great time and met some amazing people. We already starting to plan a trip to go back again next year.

Room Tip: Didn't see a need to upgrade to Royal Service.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rich H
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Rich,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you for sharing your terrific vacations here with us at our resort.

Starting by reading such a nice review about our hotel makes us glad and fills us of joy and happiness to know that we achieved our goal by making of holidays a memorable stay. We will congratulate all our associates mentioned on this comment; we assure you that they are going to be very happy to know that they were part of your experience at our paradise.

It will be our pleasure to host you any time soon at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you for have chosen us as your vacation destination.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very good hotel overall, but they need to improve the service. Poor language skills, not prompt, not detail oriented enough. Great beach, good food and drinks. Shows were average. I would go there again though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank BorisVino
Dear Boris,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you for have chosen us as your vacation destination. It is always our pleasure to have you at Paradisus Punta Cana.

To let us know you opinion about our associates helps us to improve and to solve the points you mentioned, and we thank you once again for taking of your valorous time to advise us about this.

Our associates are always in the best disposition of making everything possible for all our guests and in charge to make of every guests vacation a memorable stay, since our guests requests are our main and more important goal.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you one more time and we assure you a great time here at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I arrived at the resort and immediately received a warm welcome from Melia Vacation club representative Claribel Rodriguez. She handled my reservations very professionallyand treated me like family.. I met Royal Service manager Gema Nieto Perez within an hour of arrival. Srta. Perez made feel at home and urged me to contact her with any need I may require. She is a true lady of class. My major Domo Jose Quinones was constantly at my service and issued a cell phone to call him at any hour. I also met Assistant General Manager Belen San Martin who was also very warm and accomadating. My second day I was introduced to General Manager Eduardo Perera Castro. He is a true gentleman and urged me to contact him should the need arise. He urged me to advise him of anything I thought was positive or negative about Paradisus Punta Cana.
I found the room very clean and beautiful! The chambermaids were outstanding especially Malania. I have been a frequent visitor to the resort and found that there are several new restaurants. I found the food had greatly increased in quality from previous years. The service in each restaurant was impeccable! I especially want to thank The Grill restaurant manager Lilian Perez for the warm, tremendous treatment I was given by her and her staff. She made my experience there very special. Thanks also to Casimiro, mgr. of Naos who is a gentleman.
The bartenders at the M bar were great as well. Thanks to Lorenzo, Jenri, Juana, Gabriel and Milde for their great service and friendly atmosphere!
The beach at the resort is one of the most beautiful, clean beaches I have ever seen. There are waiters on the beach who are very attentive and friendly. Thanks to Jose Reyes who always had a warm welcome for me each day. Clean beach towels are readily available each morning. The beach beds are very comfortable as well.
My overall experience at Paradisus Punta Cana was excellent and I will be returning there in late February. Thank you all for everything!!

. I found that the food has increased in quality and enjoyed my experiences. The service in the

Room Tip: The Royal Service rooms are close to the beach, pools and restaurants. I chose the Garden View and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank bobbyj1047
Dear Guest,

Receive sunny and warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are so glad and happy to read such a great comment as yours, it was and will always be our pleasure to have you here at our resort. We will congratulate our associates mentioned on this review, I also want to thank you for have given me the opportunity to get to know you and talk to you, it was my privilege and pleasure; we are all here in the best disposition to host you.

Our guest’s requests are our priority. All of us are in charge of making of your stay an unforgettable experience. Once again, we want to thank you for your preference and loyalty and also for have chosen us as your holiday destination.

It fills us of joy to know that we can make of your stay a time to remember.
Thank you for having me on mind at the moment of posting this review.