My boyfriend and I stayed at the Paradisus from Jan 12-19 and we had an incredible time. We originally reserved a Luxury Junior Suite, but upon arrival upgraded to the Royal Service which is absolutely necessary. We didn't have the butler (bc we didn't pay enough) but just getting the access to the private beach and pool with excellent concierge and the extra restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner was well worth it. Jose, Matiel and Jeremiah at the Royal Service beach made every day an incredible experience because they were always coming over to us to make sure that we were doing okay. At night, we would go to the M Bar by the beach and Jose, Mini Mike and Juan were awesome and made wonderful drinks and put on a great little show. If we didn't go there at night, we'd go to the lobby bar which brought a great crowd, but was quite a walk away from our room.
That brings me to my next point. Because we didn't have a butler, it was basically impossible to get a ride from our room to the lobby area where a couple of the restaurants were. While this wasn't a huge issue, it was still very difficult walking there (with a few drinks in you) because it was a good 8-10 minutes from our room. However, the scenery is beyond beautiful and getting a ride back from the lobby proved to be much easier.
Most of the staff speak VERY little English, so hopefully you know at least a little bit of Spanish (we know very little).
The food at the resort was...okay. It wasn't terrible for us because thankfully we didn't have to eat at the buffet for lunch bc we were in RS (thank god! the lunch at gabi looked and smelled terrible!) That being said, we were not aware until a couple of days before we left that there is another buffet right by the beach (something with an N that I can't remember) and also the Italian restaurant, Aqua, that serve lunch. The other buffet was much better than gabi
My other minor (sorta?) issue was the drinks. Not the best. We found ourselves drinking white wine and mimosas at the beach because anything other than the pina coladas and the daquiris (which were excellent) were not great. But, the bartenders were awesome so we didn't want to make a stink about it.
Overall, Paradisus was much more upscale than we had expected, and it was one of the only hotels we have ever been to where we would consider over looking other hotels to return to. Upgrade to the RS, get the butler WHEN YOU GET THERE (you'll probably need/want him more times than not, but it's a lot more when you book RS originally), and enjoy everything the hotel has to offer. Just make sure you ask other visitors about perks of the hotel, such as restaurants, because the employees tend to withhold some info like they did with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort