“Inclusive with an agenda”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Inclusive with an agenda”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went here on a Costco vacation package, and we were surprised when we were immediately hit up by the concierge with a sales pitch to upgrade (next time) to the "royal" level of treatment. Had good food, especially at Passion, although you have to pay - it's worth it. Also surprised at how little room there is for spontaneity - restaurant reservations had to be made a day in advance. We couldn't even rent bikes the same day, despite there being 50 or so sitting right outside the rental hut.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank bortaman1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,175)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

A Spring Break for the kids, a 20 yr wedding anniversary for us, & my Bestie's b'day. The perfect getaway with family & friends but lodging was not our standard. The language barrier at this location was the biggest challenge and it was explained as 'employing the locals'. The food on the buffet was typically hard and cold. A child was served a piña colada with alcohol on day at lunch buffet. We tasted all of our kids smoothie after that point. Opt for hibachi grill and Aqua for a very good meal that has flavor. Don't even think about getting authentic Dominican fare because you will not find it here. The food is bland. The massage at the spa with the ladies on the trip was the highlight of my trip. My massage took place outside and it was divine!!!! And they DO TRY and SELL YOU on their property which includes that dreaded PRESENTATION. Yes say BUZZ OFF!!! I will NOT be back!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank eatingreviews
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel; it is always a pleasure for me to get on date with our guests opinions.

It truly worry me to know that you left our property with a not very good impression about our services and facilities, I can assure you as the general manager that every product, food or service that we provide to our guests, is of the custom great quality of our brand as we understand that our guests are what matter the most to us.

However, it is important to inform you that every aspect of your observations has been well taken by all of us in order to avoid any similar perception in a future. Regarding the drink served to the kid, let me please deeply apologize for this event, it completely surprises me as we take care of every detail in order not to make these type of confusions, in fact the bracelets of our under ages guests has a different color as this permit our team to identify them as minors, know that we will make a serious investigation and will take the correspondent measures.

A wide variety of restaurants each of them with a totally different concept for your enjoyment is what identifies us, we would want you to know that our food complies with the highest standards of excellence as a company that cares about its guest’s satisfaction, we also have a day per week which is a thematic Dominican day where all our guests have the chance to explore the Dominican culture.

We will sincerely be more than pleased to receive you one more time at our hotel and certainly change your opinion about our resort.

Best regards.

Eduardo Perera.
General Manager.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had an amazing time at this resort. I want to give a special shout out to the most amazing, kind, and lively entertainer there Rafael Diaz. My absolute most favorite person was Rafael Diaz. He made the trip so much better. He would keep us informed of the events going on during the day and the nightly shows. Always happy and always smiling even though I always saw him working it truly looked like he was enjoying his job. I got my some salsa moves from him. I got to taste coconut water straight from the source because he got one for me! My girlfriend and I came here for a wedding there was not a shortage of people do dance with because the entertainers are there to take you for a dance. Rafael was so sweet he even helped with things that seemed out of his job description on our last day in a hurry rushing to get to the front he helped us by letting us know what we needed to do and even walked us up there. He was truly amazing. He deserves special recognition.
- La Mexicana

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle are better they are not as noisy and in the middle of the lobby and the beach!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Berenice,

Sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! And THANK YOU very much for sharing your experience with us!

There is no better way to end the week and start a new day than reading your valuable words and your fantastic recognition on our associates, especially Rafael Diaz.

I definitely agree with you on how fantastic he is, this is why we have recognized his well-done job on our collaborators´ party the past week on April 8.

We believe that besides our Customers our collaborators are our greatest asset due to their passion for service and attention to detail, always going one step ahead to make of our guest’s stay the best possible.

We hope you honor us with another visit so we can provide you more wonderful experience and hone your salsa steps!

Liberty Township, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Most of the staff were friendly, but a few stood out for their efforts. Jorge Luis Vilorio, Eric David, and Alvin Martinez made our visits to the North Bar very memorable and they make great drinks. Eric also works at the Gabi Beach bar at night and he is good with all the guests. Carmen Melo, Julio A. Hiraldo, Joselo Batista and Altagracia Aguasviva gave prompt and courteous service at Gabi Beach restaurant. Benny and David were great fun doing water aerobics at the pool. Each day the people waited for them to start leading them. Juan Cruz and his staff always made a quick drink for all the guests. I have forgotten the name of the cook at the pool grill, but he literally made hundreds of meals each day that were great and always had a smile on his face. Thanks to all of them for making our visit very enjoyable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Manford,

Thank you so much for your review. I do not know if you have any idea about what it feels to read so many names of our associates! It is definitely a blessing to count on such a great team with such a courteous service as you have mentioned.

Be sure that I have taken great notes of all the collaborators at the Gabi Beach and Swim up pool and I have shared your comments with their Department Heads in order to recognize them for their disposition, great and unconditional service.

We are all waiting for your next visit! Please contact us and we will be happy to assist, as you deserved.

Merigomish,Ns, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Recently came back from a week at Paradisus Punta Cana and this was our fourth trip to Punta Cana but our first stay at Paradisus and it is as the names suggests paradise. Such a mature beautiful resort with excellent food, friendly staff and excellent service. The rooms and cleanliness were excellent and the beach was fantastic(nice deep beach with lots of loungers so you didn't have to play the towel game. I really can't say enough good things about this resort except that I would go back tomorrow, by the way the best stake I ever had on these kind of trips was at the Vento restaurant. Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Welltravelled499232
Dear Guest,

We are so thankful that you have given us an opportunity and stay at our Paradisus Punta Cana for the first time. It is never too late to enjoy our Paradise!

Your feedback is our best recommendation letter and your experience and satisfaction, definitely worth all the effort and passion we put on our daily work.

We are so ready to welcome you back tomorrow, as it is a privilege to host you .

Thank you so much for your review and please contact us for your next vacation.

Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lapalapa was exceptional, friendly service and great food. The overall Royal service experience was wonderful. Butler service, private pool and beach areas were terrific. We also enjoyed The Grill restaurant and the Resort property grounds were impeccably maintained. The Reserve is the newest section of the resort but we opted to be beachside at the Royal Services. If you like brand new go Reserve the Royal Service area has the beach location but located in older buildings so rooms are nice but a bit dated by comparison... but we aren't complaining it was a great experience and we would definitely go back. A great value!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank JoandJim66
Dear Joan and Jim,

Thank you so much for your feedback and your description of our facilities, we are glad to have had the opportunity to host you on your recent stay at our Royal Service.

I am so glad to read that you haven enjoyed of our grounds and gastronomy. As I have stated in a previous review, our collaborators are a great asset to our Company and we are so happy you have also noticed how friendly and happy we are to serve you.

We would like to mention that at our Royal Service has renovated rooms and facilities, though the difference in both locations is rather that The Reserve hotel more family oriented and Royal Service is only for adults.

Nonetheless, as you have mentioned, our associate’s treats our guests with highest importance no matter they location; however we like to provided our guests different concepts in order to fill their needs.

We look forward to welcome you back!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

When I first looked at reviews online, I was suspicious because of the number of positive reviews but after going I can understand why. This place is amazing. From the hotel to the amenities to the people. We stayed at the royal service but I doubt the regular is any less! Room is very big. Got the private gazebo. Very comfortable bed. I believe they clean room and take garbage away more than once a day. Buffet food is delicious and has many varieties. I stayed for 3 days and we could have just done the buffet. However we tried the Japanese an the grill restaurants. Both amazing experiences w regards to food quality and atmosphere. Both regular and royal beaches are clean and not crowded. I did spend most of the time on the royal beaches and did enjoy the drinks brought to me as I lie down. Our butler, Maiqel Abreu, was very helpful, friendly and professional. All in all, I think this resort is excellent and I would recommend to other people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ghassan,

I can not thank you enough for sharing your experience with us.

Our guests´ feedbacks are our greatest source of information so we can identify the preference of our guest. It also serves us as a fantastic engine of motivation to keep doing what we strive for and do best: provide memorable experiences!.

It seems that you really have enjoyed of the Royal Service´s Concept, on which we like to provide a relaxing atmosphere and a personalized service.

Once again, thank so much and make sure to contact us for your next vacation, we will be thrilled to have back.

Best regards,