“Paradisus” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Paradisus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was great. The staff is very nice and very friendly. The only problem we had was our first morning the water was out so we couldn't shower or wash up. That lasted for 2hrs. The second issue was little tiny ants in our room. I found out they were coming from the balcony door. Other than that the food was great and the whole experience turned out better than what I expected. I would def return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Karissa,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the world; it is always well appreciated to receive our guest’s opinions about our hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologize if you have experienced some inconveniences during your stay as it is definitely not what characterize us as a great guest service company, I can assure you that your observations will be seriously evaluated in order to avoid these types of perceptions on any other guest.

Regarding the water inconvenience in the room I would like to let you know that our maintenance was working on it as the water was not coming out in a proper way and it was fixed by them for a better functioning.

About the ants, let me extend to your our sincerest apologies as it is not a common event in our rooms, know that we count with a strict fumigation program which is carried out continually in order to avoid any presence of insects in our rooms, nonetheless we are glad to know that you had a great experience besides what you experienced.

We are looking forward to hear from you!

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,084)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Punta Cana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Really nice stay here - gorgeous grounds, great weather, decent food. Went for a wedding and everyone had a great time. Service was pretty good - but many staff do not speak much English. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Alana,

Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

To have had you at our hotel is a honor, but to count on your preference is a privilege, thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our resort.

Let me apologize if some of our associates could not get to exceed your expectations due to the language barrier as it is definitely not what our high excellence in service look for, as our country is a Spanish speaking one, some of our collaborators might do not manage the language to the fullest but I can assure you that they can communicate in a proper English and all of our guests service associates can manage various languages for a quality service.

We all sincerely hope to have the honor to receive you back at our hotel and make the best of your stay.

Thanks very much for have chosen us.

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the resort and location is gorgeous.. The all inclusive is a nice perk but with all the restaurants this place has you would think it would be a little easier to make reservations and the drinks are made very weak so ask for doubles or order 3 at once.I'd say for the money this place is worth it but don't expect 5 star treatment. irst we were under the impression we had $1500 in resort credits to use, yeah that didn't happen so our trip . We were in royal service and I'm not sure what perks we had over others. We had a butler and to be nice I will keep him nameless. Thought the purpose of the butler was to make our stay easier. Clearly not the case. We couldn't get reservations until 9 at night and we tried booking days in advance, that's right with the upgraded royal service and butler we still couldn't eat dinner until 9pm. He claimed he would be available until 11 at night and there were a few occasions where we tried calling him after 6 and wouldn't hear back until the next morning. We had to book the free stuff within the resort ourselves but was told he would take care of that for us. Our butler was off on our departing day and told us someone else would take care of us that day and they would be at our room in the morning. That guy never showed and then we find out we had to book our own taxi after our butler told us the night before it was taken care of. Room service is absolutely horrible and takes forever. Don't tell guests you'll be there in a half hour and show up 2 hours later. Plus majority of the time the order was wrong. My mini bar alcohol was never stocked, I had to constantly call for it. Not sure if that's normal protocol or if the guy that comes in is suppose to fill it on his own. Our phone was broken almost our whole stay, was told it was fixed and it never was. The fitness center is a waste of space. It had 3 treadmills and 2 of them were broken, a few elipticals, the free weights only went up 30 pounds, not sure what type of workout I'm going to get with 30 pound dumbbells. They had a few machines but I couldn't get a decent workout in. The spa was nice and I had no complaints there, just took advantage of the free stuff: sauna, steam room, jacuzzi. The shows at the main lobby were cool, my wife and I enjoyed the ones we went to. If you want a bed at the beach or royal service pool, get there by 7 in the morning to reserve one or you'll be left with lounge chairs. Not to mention, people there do not realize when you have a towel and a book on a bed, it's reserved, doesn't mean just move stuff and take it over. Had that happen on a few occasions but what do you expect, I'm guilty of this, people put stuff out to hold that bed and won't show up for hours to use it. The food at the restaurants: fuego, vento, bana, mole, etc was very good. Some places the portions are very small and the apps are as well so don't be afraid to order 2 :-). Breakfast at gabi, naos, etc is buffet and it's ok but basically the same food at the other buffets. Nothing spectacular but not horrible. We never really had a problem with our room itself except for the phone issue. Maids did their job just fine. We did enjoy ourselves and had a wonderful trip, but I'm not sure if we will go back there or explore other options since we know what to expect. I'm also not sure if paying for royal service was really worth it because we definitely didn't see any of the amenities we were suppose to have. Yes we had our own private pool but it's not that big, especially when there's 20 people in there it gets kind of congested. Yes we had our own private beach area but like I said if you don't reserve a bed by 7 in the morning you're definitely not getting one close to the beach and I don't really think they police non royal service people from coming in there. I never once received premium liquor that I was suppose to get being royal service. We may end up back here at Paradisus because it was beautiful there and the resort is nice sized and also I did feel for the money spent it was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JandD0425
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us.

It really sadness us to read that we did not get to exceed your expectations to the fullest due to the different situations you described you have experienced at our hotel.

As these are not the kind of impressions we try to get to our guests, we deeply apologize for what you have described, it doesn’t represent the high standards in service we are customary to.

If you would like to please give us more detailed information about your experience, feel free to contact us.

It will be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Regards.

Fanwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for a week under the Royal Service package and it was amazing. Our butler Emmanuel Sanchez was an excellent service provider. He and the rest of the staff at the resort were top notch in making us feel welcome and helping us have a great experience there. The grounds are breath-taking and very well maintained. All of the staff were very polite and always willing to go the extra mile. The all inclusive feature is very convenient for a vacation. The Royal Service was exquisite. The pool is secluded and quiet and the section of the beach is very nice. Each night there was something in our room, such as champagne, snacks, etc. as an extra token of their service. The food was very good and the service is quick in all restaurants. Again, our butler Emmanuel was such a pleasure to have as an assitant during our stay, making our restaurant reservations for us, booking our excursions for us, etc. We would definitely recommend this resort to others (and request Emmanuel!)

Room Tip: Request a Royal Service Room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is an honor and a great compliment to forward such wonderful comments to the team you have mentioned, especially to our associate Enmanuel Sanchez. For all our team it is enchanting to learn that their customer service and hospitality exceeded your expectations and to hear that you had this wonderful experience.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in our Paradisus Punta Cana and provide you once again a fantastic experience.

Your preference makes us the best.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Elaine Rodriguez served us in the M Bar. She was prompt and responsive to our wants and needs. She was very courteous and easy to speak and deal with. I wish that all bartenders were like her!!!!!; And she is only a student...Awesome skills!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nick,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

I am very glad to know that our team made you feel comfortable and well taken care of, especially Elaine Rodriguez which is an student as you described on your comment, I can assure you that we will keep her as part of our family since we consider she has been doing a great job.

We all hope to welcome you in a near future and make the best of your stay.

Thank you very much for have chosen us as your vacation destination, I have been more than pleased to have this direct contact with you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I chose to celebrate a birthday with this package because it included an upgrade to Royal Services. I’ve been to hotels in this chain before, but never upgraded to Royal Service, so it was an opportunity to determine if it was worth it. NOT. I doubt I will be back at this resort. When we arrived, we were told we were not booked in Royal Service and Royal Services was sold out. I paid for this package in January, seriously? After much discussion with various people over 2 hours, we were placed in a building just behind Royal Service, but told we would have the same amenities. NOT. We also were told we would be moved to the Royal Services building the following day at 3pm, since someone was checking out. We did not unpack since we were moving the following day. The butler was supposed to meet us and drive us to Royal Services check in. He never showed up and it was pouring rain. So we walked in the rain, and then were told the room would not be ready for another 2 hours. What, they couldn’t have called to let us know? So we insisted we needed the room now. Finally after much discussion, they decided to put us into a room that was set aside for another guest who would not be arriving until several hours later and could take the 2 hrs late room. So we basically wasted one day of our vacation just trying to get settled (not to mention the unhappy feelings ).

The butler…that was a joke. He was supposed to make specialty restaurant dinner reservations for us, but we had no way to contact him. So, no reservation for the first night. Again we went to the Royal Services desk, and they called him. He then showed up, was too busy, and asked someone else to make the 3 dinner reservations, which took about ½ hour to complete (?). We found out later, we were supposed to be given a phone that we could contact him on. We never got it. And he stayed as far away from us as possible! We were basically second class Royal Service clients. I think they gave us some of the amenities, but not the full boat. I will say though, after I tracked the butler down again, he did bring a bottle of champagne to the room, as requested.

Another note, every time we went to the Royal Services desk, there were people there complaining. Unfortunately, one couple was on their honeymoon.

So needless to say, we didn’t think much of Royal Service. If you are looking for upgraded liquor, the only place to get it is the Royal Service lounge open from 6pm to 9pm. If you go to any other bar on the compound, you have to pay for it. The food appears to be the same quality in the restaurant for Royal Services clients only (La Palapa), as everywhere else. I will say it was nice to have a private, no-kids restaurant where you could get a sit down lunch and dinner. Breakfast was buffet, although you could get eggs to order. Additionally, the beach was large and beautiful, well maintained, as were the grounds throughout the resort. We did spend some time at the non-Royal Service pool, and everyone there seemed to be happy and having fun. Good music, good drinks, people enjoying the day. Not so much at the Royal Service pool. Perhaps with lowered expectations the resort was OK.

Sadly the Royal Service debacle just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beachreview
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for bringing all your observations to our attention as it is a good way to identify what needs to be improve as we always look forward our guest’s satisfaction.

On behalf of the Royal Service team I would like to seriously apologize for the perception that you might had during your stay, it is definitely not what represent us as a committed to quality service company that we are.

These kind of confusions are definitely not a common event at our resort, and I can assure you that all our team always try to go out of their way with the purpose to make our guests have the best vacation they have ever had.

You can rest assure that the situation with the butler you had and the situation you described will be deeply investigated and we will take very strict measures according this so we can avoid any similar situation in a future.

We sincerely hope to get an opportunity from you and be able to totally change your perception by making you enjoy of our various restaurants and different facilities and services which complies with the highest standards of service.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you decide to choose us once more for a future vacation and we will be more than pleased to change your experience.

Winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This review is late in coming, but I've had time to think about the experience and now that I am looking to book our Winter Vacation for 2015, I felt others would be researching too and my review could be beneficial to some.
Firstly, this was not our choice to visit this resort, we attended our nieces wedding in January. We are seasoned all inclusive travellers, visiting more than 15 resorts, love A.I. Adults only resorts and we always travel for 2 weeks in February. Our favourite resorts are adults only Secrets, Sandals, and Excellence, and book the more elevated levels. I research the resorts and contact them months before I travel to get all the information I can so I make the most informed choice for my well earned vacation.
With that being said, we are all imperfect people living in an imperfect world so I must say I have learned a tremendous amount about all inclusive resorts and what makes them great.

Paradisus Punta Cana, what I can say is that it is extremely large, benefit for some and not so much for others. This is a mature resort, beautifully landscaped and very well maintained. Understand this, this resort is 3 resorts in one, a little confusing to those who are new to all inclusive, the regular basic level for all families, the Royal Service which is Adults only section and the new addition the Reserve for all families. All levels have their own restaurants and pools, separate buildings and services.
Royal level, the level we booked, most expensive have access to all these amenities and areas and a personal butler service. For the money it is certainly not worth it, I have had private butler service at Sandals and Paradisus could learn a thing or two about this level of service. This level of service leaves you thinking, they just don't quite get the higher service level, they try but not trained at the elevated level, but they do like to charge for it.

Restaurants, must book in advance, this is a huge negative, we were lucky as our butler booked our requests, but for those who don't, be prepared to take what ever you can. Quite a variety of fairly good restaurants, but remember, these restaurant cater to families with children, therefore the food is reflective of that. Atmosphere is very noisy and not relaxing. Buffet, avoid if possible, quality is poor, pushy people with screaming children, but friendly staff all the same.
Pools, 3 of them, again, Adults only private pool and bar with lounge, then the large basic pool for families and the Reserve Pool. All good for their levels but be prepared, family pools are busy and noisy and not very relaxing.
Beach lovely sand, lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Big negative is the Adults only Royal Section. It is roped off with signs informing only Royal Guests but that doesn't stop the traffic of guests cutting through with screaming children. Bar service in this area is good, drink quality is good but lack of privacy and those extra's you pay for are not worth it.
Bars in whole resort are actually quite good. Very friendly staff, quality of drinks are good and staff very entertaining.
Rooms at Royal level are good, roomy showers and lots of storage space. House keeping good, we requested our room to be cleaned by 10 in the morning and in most cases it was. They are a little dated but decently maintained.
Room service was slow, but food was decent. Our private butler brought champagne everyday at 5 to our room as requested, and was never late.

Big negative was our last day, after 2 weeks paying for the highest level, we had asked for late check out, and was granted until 1pm. Our flight left at 11 pm that night so they stored our luggage and we had use of the resort including a shower room to freshen up before our flight. I use the term SHOWER loosely, it is the poorest excuse of a shower/freshen up room I have ever had. There are 2 rooms beside the check in desk, with a shower type HOSE, a sink and no electrical for dryer or curling irons. Turned on the water, just about blew me out of the stall with the force of cold water. Got out pretty quick, did not wash my hair after a long day at the beach but with no dryer, no choice. Be warned, level of service once you are out of your room is extremely poor.
Do I recommend this resort, not for any money, not ever. This is an expensive resort for all levels, basic, to Reserve to Royal Service. Much better options out there for all, just research and read reviews.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CrysP53
Dear Crys,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay at our resort; it is always important to receive our guest’s opinions.

We regret for the impression you could perceive from our services. Please allow us to inform you that we continuously work with the improvement and evolution of all our departments.

As you have state on your comment, our resort has three different sections, but the one you stayed at was our Royal Service for adults only section on which is not permitted the presence of any minor or any guests who does not belong to that part of the hotel.

It sincerely surprises me, as our security team is always around the areas division, making sure everything goes the right way checking up on everybody’s section.

Regarding the restaurant reservations, I would like to kindly inform you that we have taken some action plans and are actually adding some extra seats in all of our restaurants a la carte in order to have availability for all our guests whenever they request their dinner schedule.

All our restaurants complies the highest quality standards as we do not only care of providing a luxury concept but the total satisfaction of all our guests providing them the quality and caring service and products they deserve.

We do lament learning that you could not enjoy to the fullest of the exclusive pool you had available on the section you were staying at, I can assure you that you could have a relaxed time in there.

Our team is well trained to give the best of themselves in every service provided, with the only purpose of get to meet all your expectations, however we have taken into consideration all your observations as your opinion is what get us to take the correct measures to avoid any kind of inconveniences in a future.

As our hotel has been in a high occupancy season, the room service might took a little bit more than expected to arrive, nonetheless we are truly sorry you got that perception about our room service.

We regret that your vacation overall image may have been tarnished with the situation transpired.

We sincerely appreciate all feedback.