“Beach was pretty”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #25 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the resort for 5 days. The food was average. The rooms were nice. We had a sliding door out to a little courtyard. This did not stay locked, which kind of freaked me out. The beach was so pretty. We did 2 excursions. The Floating Spa, which was Excellent and I would do again. We also went on a buggy adventure. It was fun but I wouldn't go again.

My biggest complaint about the resort was that there were garbage and food trucks going up and down the side walks 24 hrs a day. It was kind of annoying and loud. The staff was Very friendly and overall a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OntheGotoEverywhere
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us; it is definitely a big opportunity for us to see your concerns with an improvement vision.

It sadness us to learn that we could not get to meet your satisfaction to the fullest with some of our services and installations, it worry us as we always put our biggest effort in every service we provide with the only purpose of meet your high expectations about our hotel.

I would have liked to identify the situation with the door at the room before you left our property in order to definitely change your perceptions about us. It does not represent the excellence in service that we provide; we will definitely follow up on your observations and avoid any similar perception in a future.

I would like to make a remark regarding the point you have mention concerning the trucks around the property, let me officially apologize if you did not feel too comfortable with it as it is not a common practice at our hotel. We would love to receive you once more at our property and make sure yourself of the many changes made by your return.

We appreciate your comments! It helps us keep improving and give the best of us.

Do not hesitate to contact us for a next stay.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our anniversary trip to this amazing resort. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left it was just simply awesome. We stayed at the Royal Service and were truly treated like royalty! Our butler Suri was amazing, she made sure we never wanted for anything ,Thanks again Suri!!! We must also thank Jeremia for keeping us well hydrated while enjoying the Royal Beach . You will enjoy the beautiful grounds, food and service the Paradisus provides.

Hope to see all of you next year!!

1  Thank Lindamary2014

Dear Linda,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We are glad to learn that you had and amazing time during your holidays, we will congratulate our team for providing you the service and attentions you deserve especially to our associate Suri.

Thank you once again for giving us the privilege to make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

We are looking forward to hear back from you!

Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My overall trip to D.R. was GREAT!!!! The Paradisus reserve was everything i hoped it would be. We were up upgraded to a different room than originally planned. The staff was amazing everyone seemed to really love their job. We had a wonderful time and I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone planning to visit D.R.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Michelle,

Starting a day reading your recommendation words couldn’t be better, thank you for your preference.

We are all glad to know that you had spent such a great time at our hotel, it makes us happy.

Our team is pleased to know about your excellent experience, and that they were able to fulfill all your expectations and desires with our service and dedication.

We cannot wait to host your stance again at Paradisus Punta Cana and create some excellent memories on you once more.

Best regards,

Eduardo Perera

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our overall stay was wonderful, very relaxing. The room was nice and cozy. We did feel a little intruded on by the staff as they knocked or entered our room at various times of day. All out dinners were delicious and had great service. The only place I would never eat would be the pool bar. The food there was pretty gross. Breakfast and lunches were good and had many choices. I wish they had more entertainment during the day, poolside or beach area. We noticed much more on other resorts. We enjoyed the nightlife there with bands, shows (average performances) and casino.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Melissa,

Receive our greetings and gratitude for your comment; we truly appreciate your words.
Let me firstly apologize if you did not feel comfortable with some of our team and your rooms as we always get into connection with our guests in order to make them experience our pure freedom to just be concept.

Regarding our pool bar, I sincerely lament that its food could not exceed your expectations as they comply with all the high standards we offer, it is actually going on a reconstruction process to provide even better services to our visitors.

We offer a wide daily activities program with lots of activities for your enjoyment, nonetheless we completely appreciate all of your observations as we will implement some action plans in order to surpass all of your expectations on your next visit.

We would love to receive you once more.

Best regards.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

They are the sweetest people you will ever meet! When we got there, we were greeting instantly, showed us to out hotel. Be honest with them, let them know that you don't want to do the timeshare. One guy Eveyes said that he was going to take us to breakfast and tour. Well from reading reviews when we got there, I knew better. I let him know, breakfast was fine, but I refuse to be in a presentation room. If he did, I'd be highly upset. Didn't see him again! Our room was probably a minute away from the beach! Everyone is incredibly nice and loving. They will do whatever you need them to do! Room service was great, kinda slow, but it was okay!
You dictate how the trip goes. Dont go there complaining, it's not worth it. Just enjoy. Night life is amazing too!
Those people can party:)

Room Tip: Just go with the flow. It's a great place and time. I did see ants in my room, in the bathroom...

Dear Mykala,

Receive the warmest greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It has been a pleasure for me to receive your comments, to have had you at our hotel has been a privilege.

About our associate trying to do the presentation I would like to apologize about it as their only intention is to introduce our guest’s new products and offers of our brand, however, know that your comment has been very well taken with a getting better vision.

Due to the large property of our hotel, room service might take a little more than what expected, but this does not determine the great service they provide. They have been actually delivering everything on time with some action plans we have implemented.

I am sincerely glad to know that besides the points above you could enjoy of a great vacation, we will be happy to receive you once more at our resort.

Do not hesitate to contact us for a future stay.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at Royal service last time and Family Concierge this time. We were considering staying at Royal service again this time, but ultimately decided to stay in Family Concierge since Hairol (our family concierge) was very nice and did everything for us to enjoy the vacation.

The grounds are very nice and beautiful. All the staff are very delightful to help. We would go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very nice resort in beautiful jungle reserve. The grounds are very well kept with obvious attention to detail.

The staff we interacted with were delightful and happy to meet our needs. Of note, Nanyi LiRiano, Adelaida Rambalde, Julio Garcia and Plinio Jargas made the visits to the bar enjoyable. They were efficiant, quick and friendly. Since I spoke no Spanish, they worked hard to make sure I had everything I needed.

We also had several meals at both the Grill and Mole restaurants. Maria, the hostess made quick arrangements for us (even when we showed up without reservation!) and kept us happy. Domingo Martinez and Edy Jimenez served us well and made sure everything was just right. They were fast, attentive to detail and drink/wine glasses never were empty.

Our concierge, Jose, arranged a private fishing charter for us with 2 great local guys. We had a blast, caught several nice Mahi and were well treated even off the resort grounds. They really go out of their way to make you happy.

My only regret is that I can't have Alfredo or Antonio roll a nice cigar for me back here in the states! Fine gentlemen that know their craft well.

I will return to this resort again and I consider it to be one of the best I have visited.
Thanks again Paradisus!
Brian

Room Tip: Room prices are flexible based on your specific wants. Take the time to plan with the resort and yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian F

Dear Brian,

Best regards from Paradisus Punta Cana. Thank you for preferring Paradisus Punta Cana and for sharing your experience with us.

What a pleasure for me to know that you could delight such a nice moments with our collaborators and their friendly and spontaneous manner for help. Since, they put their special details in order to bring all of our guests an enjoyable vacation.

Be assure that all of our collaborators have received your message, especially Nanyi Liriano, Adelaida, Julio Garcia, Plinio Vargas, Maria, Domingo Martinez, Eddy Jimenez as recognition for their great job.

Also we have transmitted it to Antonio and Alfredo for their marvelous work.

I will be waiting for your return, in order you enjoy the nicest roll of cigar in the Caribbean, our beautiful grounds and the warm treatment of our people.

Thank you for your trust and loyalty.

Eduardo Perera,