Having travelled throughout the world, and stayed at properties ranging from the Four Seasons to a Holiday Inn Express, I can honestly tell you that this was, without a doubt, the single most unpleasant experience I've had. When we selected this resort we assumed that a hotel chain of this calibre had high standards regarding it's guest's comfort. Allow me to briefly detail some of the unacceptable "events"
we suffered while guests at this hotel:
1. The air conditioning did not work in our room.
2. The toilet in our room did not work.
3. There was no WIFI in the room.
4. There were ants in the room that infested our clothing.
5. Housekeeping did not come at all one day.
6. Scubaquatic, their beachside vender, double charged us for a reservation, then cancelled a booking at the last minute.
7. The front desk routinely gave out misinformation.
8. The quality of the excursions offered were beyond sub-standard.
9. At no point did the hotel make any effort to rectify the situation in any way.
10. We spent over 6 hours at the guest services desk attempting to correct several of these issues - vacation time I cannot recover.
11. We rented the beachside hobie cat provided by the hotel, it broke (the metal cable holding the sail was rusted so badly it snapped in two), and we had to be rescued.
Travelers should be aware that there is no cocktail service on the beach or by the pool (even in The Reserve) and the bartenders actually seem offended when you place an order. There are no gym classes on the weekend.
Finally, after suffering all of this, the hotel has refused to right any of these wrongs and has offered no recompense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort