“Great deal!!!”

Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great deal!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Recently visited Paradisus Punta Cana and had a great experience overall. First off no issues with mosquitoes, non in the room, and only a few by the restaurants. Just watch out when your sitting in enclosed areas, have your bug spray on. Open areas are usually windy so you won't find many. Keep you balcony closed and room should be fine. Of the nine people in our group only two people had single bites coming back and no chikungunya. Stayed at their regular garden deluxe room. They are updated to a modern fresh look, double shower heads with marble walls. Beds are comfy and rooms are kept clean with mini fridge stocked daily. Plenty of drawers, closet space, plus iron with iron board and a high powered hair dryer. We had one small issue with the ac not cooling as we would like on the first day and we were immediately switched rooms with no hassle. The service from the different hotel staff we encountered is friendly and courteous. All shows we're great,The entertainers are amazing, but we especially loved the Michael Jackson show!!! Beach is amazing as well, waves get a little rough on windy days but if you catch a calm day you could spend the whole day in that lovely beach. Drinks are as expected not on the strong side but they have reason for that. After all it is a family oriented hotel. If you ask for more alcohol though they will comply. There's fast food served daily by the main pool. Main pool is gorgeous offering daily music and entertainment. Main pool bar offers food besides their open bar, consist of Hot dogs, burgers fries and chicken. Buffets are ok but they are the only reason we didn't give a perfect score. Naos and Gabi beach are the two main buffets which offer variety but they need to switch it up on different days plus a couple of the family members did get tummy sickness, might be their need to cook at such large amounts and so fast that some of the food may loose quality. Still not everyone got sick so it could've been certain foods. I would choose to eat at Gabi beach better than Naos, but just reserve at the a la carte restaurants at night to have a better food experience. Servers are great though they tend to all your needs. No complaints at all with hotel staff. Last but not least the kids zone is amazing with the kiddy pool and entertainment room. I had a blast reading stories to my girls there. The kids human slingshot is also amazing, my girls had a blast there. Hotel is very big expect to ride their mini trains to get places. But no worries they come quick and have plenty of stops all over the grounds. Once again amazing hotel, amazing staff, great food but must be managed a bit better. Overall a great deal.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,133)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great anniversary trip with my husband and another couple. The food was probably the best that I have had at any all-inclusive resort. Only note-please don't use hotelbeds.com for your airport transfer. Henry, who is the representative at the resort gave us an incorrect pickup time for departure and when we missed our bus (surprise, surprise), he proceeded to get upset with us and basically call us liars when we told him that he gave us an incorrect time. After being told by Henry that another bus would arrive in 15 minutes (twice!) we ultimately had to take a taxi to the airport.

If you stay at Paradisus Punta Cana, consider the Royal Service upgrade. Our butler, Jeffrey, was wonderful and I think truly made our stay as relaxing as possible. We loved the food at La Palapa (the Royal Service's private restaurant) and if Argenis is your waiter, have him make you one of his delicious cappuccinos. I tried twice to have one reproduced on his off day to no avail. The Sunset Bar in the Royal Service pool was also great--Santo & Jose were amazing and there was never a lack of available cabanas at the private pool or on the beach.

I also recommend the Paradise restaurant--it is an additional charge but completely worth it for the gorgeous decor and delicious 7 course meal. Ask for Juan!

In all, the hotel was great and would have received a 5/5 rating if not for the terrible checkout experience. Henry from hotelbeds.com really left a lasting impression--and not in a good way.

3 Thank Candice W
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wonderful place for a getaway. Royal Service was the best! Felt like a queen. Lots of stuff included in this resort and definitely with the money. Beaches are beautiful, butler Johan was the best! Lots of great excursions offered. We did Ziplining and Extreme Swing.so much fun!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was so looking forward to my vacation at Paradisus Punta Cana which is claimed to be a 5 star hotel. It was my first time in the Domican Republic which I had always heard as nice and welcoming people. However, I did not find that so arriving to the hotel. First impressions are everything and I still have a bad taste in my mouth. My first impression when I arrived to Paradusus was not a 5 star welcome. We were greeted by Guest Services a girl named Cristy and another that I do not recall. Not a nice welcome. They took us to the VIP room. All of a sudden a concierge by the name of Iyves walks in speaking in three languages and we could hardly understand him. It was just awful. I am traveler and have been all over and unfortunately this was my first bad experience. Now, by all means the Dominican people are nice and friendly and they had some amazing staff at Paradisus. Judith and Daniel from Naos Restaurant and Julissa from housekeeping. Jose from the kid zone area. Would I go again in the near future. Highly unlikely. Maybe I will give The Reserve a chance and hopefully this time around I get a 5 star welcome and first impression.

6 Thank Andrea P
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice accommodations and very friendly and helpful staff
The food was Good- they have a few restaurants that you can choose from- the bars the music the whole atmosphere of the place it's great! I recommended for family vacation as friends party vacations as well.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana (family with 2 adults and 3 kids ages 3, 6 and 12) and had a great time! The hotel infrastructure is great, rooms are confortable (we got two Junior suites quite close to the beach), and food -for an all-inclusive- is very good, with many options in different restaurants (we tried all of them and strongly recommend The Grill, Acqua and Vento). The main pool is huge with lots of spaces for kids on the sun and on the shade. The pool bar is quite nice, as is the Gabi Beach Bar. The acqua gymm classes (gymm and acqua bike) are so much fun and the team is great, including David and Ana! Our housekeeper Milagros was lovely. In-room service was fast and efficient. The night parties at the Gabi Beach and at the beach were really fun. It is a great option for families with kids and groups of friends!

Arkansas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our experience at the resort was wonderful. We definitely recommend the Royal Service. The facilities, food, and staff were great! We especially enjoyed our service from Kesia (Royal Service concierge) and Jeffery (out private butler). This rating would be better if not for the experience we had with Hotelbeds on the last day of our trip.

The experience I had with Henry, the Hotelbeds representative in the lobby of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, was absolutely horrible. He told us a time to be in the lobby for our return transportation to the airport, but when we arrived at that time, he told us the bus had left us because we were late. He was extremely rude and dismissive. At one point, tensions were so high in our heated exchange that I had to walk away because I was nearing my tipping point. I definitely recommend this resort, but I do not recommend using Hotelbeds for anything during your stay.

3 Thank vthom93