We take a Carribean vacation once a year and this year Stayed at Paradisus from 7/7/14-7/11/14 and had a great time! Everything was great but here is a list of the cons:
Check in process was a little long. Our room wasn't ready so the attendant told us to get a drink or grab something to eat.
My husband had to take an almost cold shower the first two days. I however had warmer water.
There were tiny bugs that looked like ants in the room.
There was a little mildew in the shower.
Wifi connection was in and out.
Buffet was average-not gross but not the best. I somewhat expect this at all inclusive resorts. However, if you eat right when the buffet opens, the selection is much better. I do wish that they would have switched up the menu some. For example, the same breakfast was offered each day.
We only had one not so great experience with a waiter at Gabi restaurant. One person in our part asked for a coke and the waitress rudely responded 'OK'
There was only one type of beer offered.
Beautiful property! Although it is very big, it is well maintained. Shuttles came around every 10-15 minutes or so for the occasions we didn't feel like walking to the lobby or restaurants. (walks were between 3-7 minutes)
Food selections at the restaurants that were non buffet were pretty good. The portions were a little on the small side but food was good. We ate at Mole' ,Aqua and Fuego and were pleased. Dessert could have been a little better but it was ok.
Drinks were great! When we asked for strong or not strong, we got what we asked for. Most bartenders interacted with us a lot and made us feel great. Wendy was by far the best bartender we had. He looks like a young Denzel Washington so we kept calling him Little Denzel!
We did not upgrade to Royal service and had a pretty close room to the beach. Also didn't have any issues getting drinks or any issues being treated differently.
Beach is BEAUTIFUL! No issues getting a lounge chair and not overcrowded with people like at other resorts.
Overall, we had a great time and if we ever visit the Dominican Republic again, we would still consider Paradisus Punta Cana as a place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort