Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$390
Excellence Resorts
US$249
US$196
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$293
US$437
US$428
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$325
Melia.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$261
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$248
US$771
US$578
HotelsClick
14,108 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolejensy rijogabi beachjuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republicpersonal butlertime sharedestination wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Paradisus, Punta Cana for a wedding August 25th - August 28th. The group was 72 family members and friends that traveled for this wonderful occasion. We were able to check in upon arrival to the property at which time we were driven to our bungalow. We loved our suite, but hated the ants that greeted us in our bathroom. After calling the front desk and reporting the ant problem to Leonardo in person, we returned to our suite to find a can of bug spray. Next problem, cold water....the water temperature had to be adjusted in order to take a nice, hot shower. I am still not sure if the lock worked on our sliding glass door that led to our patio where I man walked by with a machete asking if we wanted a coconut from the tree in our yard space??? Next day, ants on the mini bar. The day after that, ants on the table, ants on the sliding glass door. The problem was never rectified, as you can tell and we were never offered another suite. I sprayed the entire suite every day (baseboards, doors, bathroom sink area, mini bar area and tables. There was also unnecessary time spent waiting for one (1) of the two (2) trams that travel the property, when you can actually walk to,your destination I less than half the time the tram takes. We loved, loved, loved the wedding, they did a great job on that, but I was not impressed with anything else except the hibachi restaurant. Won't go back there!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Paridisus Punta Cana. I stayed with my boyfriend and 2 additional friends came as well. First before I list all the details of this resort I tell you why I loved my stay so much. I would like to give the biggest thank you to the staff members at Naos beach front eatery . My gratitude goes out especially to Garber, Licelot, Marilin, Judith and Daniel. Every single day these individuals made our party feel special from recommendations down to their customer service.I work in the service industry so I know how quality customer service is suppose to look and feel. I must that they went above and beyond. If I could give Garber a raise in pay I would. My deciesion to return to Paradisus is mainly because of him and the beyond great service we received I am so grateful. The food he prepared for us along with his team was supurb. Whomever reads this reveiw from Paradisus please do something special fro these employees because they are the reason that will seperate you from other hotels. They are great staff and they should be duly recognized. The resort is beautiful. I had no issues with my room. To get from place to place sometimes recquires a trolly which you should give yourself atleast 15-20 min just to make sure your not late. however sometimes they run more frequently. room service's oatmeal is the bomb , I really didnt care for there waffles or pancakes b/c by the time we received it , it was cold. However dont bogg yourself down with room service get up and go to gabi beach for breakfast where you can basically get whatever you want. Juan at the swim up bar is an amazing bartender who kept the drinks flowing. The staff was friendly and inviting and everyon greeted you. The beach parties , water aerobics, dance lessons , massages etc where great. I had dinner at Passion retaurant - 6 michelin star and that was beyond amazing , i would recommend this restaurant for couples only. I was approached about a time share or (presentation ) however i did not attend because i knew I was not purchasing anything. I did the marinarium excursion where we swam with nurse sharks and stingrays and partied on a caterman which was great as well. Overall this is a great hotel. I can say I was satisfied with the service I received. My bf and I and friends loved it!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1285 which was a very easy walk to the beach anad restaurants but a looong walk to the lobby . try to pick a room closer to beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JODIE A
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Jodie,

Receive warm Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana; it was a complete honor to host your vacation.

We would like to thank you for your warm words and for recognizing the great labor of our associates, we feel incredibly proud of our team. Your comment gives us the certainty that the enthusiasm we put day by day to what we do, it’s just the result of being in love of our labor. We will certainly express your gratitude to all of them.

We hope to have the opportunity to celebrate your upcoming holidays here at Paradisus Punta Cana; we will be looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Eduardo Perera
General Manager.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I just came home from paradisus, having gone to be in a destination wedding at this resort. I will say the beach front is amazing! Great choices of where you want to hangout on the beach. The pool was decent. Not many shaded areas to sit, and definitely not enough lounge chairs pool side. The grounds were nice, but could have used better maintenance in the aspect of cleaning up cups, towels etc... The landscapers were awesome though. They were out cleaning up the palm trees, cutting coconuts down. The rooms here vary quite a bit. Having been in two other rooms visiting friends/ getting ready for the wedding. My room was very dark, and not cleaned well at all! House keeping didn't come to clean until after 4/5pm. The food at the resort is not great at all. Majority of the group for the wedding all got sick.

Aside from these issues we had fun. Like I said before, the beachfront is great.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask house keeping for wash cloths. They don't put them in the room! Corner rooms are best for light!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather O
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A well-layed out resort with fantastic restaurants, comfy lounge chairs and beautiful white sand beach. Definitely pay extra to do the Royal Service which gives you access to top shelf alcohol from Europe and United States and fine dining. Private pool for adults only. You can even go scuba diving which is included in the resort activities. The Dominican rum is to die for and so smooth!!!! Service is excellent and entertainment is also good. Ask for Bertilio, a wonderful bartender who makes great drinks and has a smile to die for!!! An unforgettable trip for myself and my best friends! I will return to the DR very soon!!!! Cheerios!

Room Tip: Royal Service all the way....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sherry,

Thank you for having selected Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

It is great to learn that you had an amazing experience; it makes us feel proud and certain that the passion and commitment that we put into our labor is done with the only purpose of exceeding our guest’s satisfaction.

We will congratulate our associates, especially to Bertilio, for serving and treating you to make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; it will be an honor to host you again in a near future.

Eduardo Perera
General Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had picked this resort to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday. We traveled with my sister, nephew, my partner and of course the "birthday lady" MOM…While we found the resort absolutely amazing, my family and I have to agree with other visitors on a lot of things. This resort is massive and the transportation was an issue. On the day of our excursion we definitely left our rooms in ample time to reach the lobby to catch our bus off the property. We didn't see a "trolley train" for over 15 min (which we were told that they pass by every 10 min). then we stopped other passing golf carts to ask for a lift and no one wanted to help. It was really hot and we had our 60yr mom and a 5 year old that really didn't care to walk the long distance to the lobby in that heat. We ended up walking and was very frustrated when we reached the front desk to complain. I guess it fell on "deaf ears." We really loved everything else about the resort. The pool was exceptional, the bartenders at all bars where very attentive , the beach was gorgeous (even though there was a lot of sea weed in the water), the rooms were also beautiful, the beds were super comfy, the showers were awesome with double shower heads for couples to shower together. the food at buffets could of been warmer, the food at restaurants were so much better. Please remember that because its such a large resort, the restaurants get booked really quick. We had a hard time getting decent hours for our reservations. So, book them ON the day you arrive to assure u get good times. we also had the same problem with housekeeping when it came to towels, turndown service and asking for apple juice in our rooms (since we had a child that didn't like their version of fruit punch). Housekeeping was definitely a bit unorganized. Our housekeeper ended up giving us 8 towels at one time so we wouldn't complain, I could only guess. There was only 2 people to my room. LOL We also asked for wash clothes and they said they only bring it to people "upon request". We also scheduled the excursion to swim with the sea lions, the "my time" representative was quick to book us and take our money but never told us that there is an age limit. I have my 5 yr old nephew but when we got there we found out that the minimum age was 8 yrs old. we were really disappointed and u can only imagine how he felt when everyone was able to take a photo kissing Tommy the sea lion and he couldn't! So, please read all brochures to make sure ur excursions suit your families needs. Though we later saw it was written on the brochure we didn't have time since they were so quick to book us AND the sad part is that my nephew was standing right there with me and we were clearly speaking spanish with them. they knew he was under age and still took our money. that was sad but we still made the most of the excursion. though these are only a few things that stood out in our minds, we still had an amazing time. My mother was really happy and that's all that mattered to me...

Room Tip: Our room was an upgrade to "luxury suite" which was ideal to be closer to the pool and buffets. Overall, when I did my homework and after visiting the resort I believe the Reserve is definitely a better choice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family