“What an amazing trip...”

Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #23 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Tempe
“What an amazing trip...”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had the best time at this amazing resort. The gounds are amazing and they work tirelessly to maintain them. Would recommend this place to anyone. Friendly staff, great room, good food. I do recommend you get the Royal Service at a minimum the extra benefits come in really nice.

Santo Fana, Jose Reyes, Geremia Matos, and Matiel Reyes Made our trip extra special. They really went above and beyond to make us feel like we were VIP. Excellent service on their part.

Not to mention my our favorite employee there. The one who saved our trip and helped us get the exact experience we were looking for... Ines you made our whole trip. From booking our dinners and helping along the way, to getting a birthday cake custom made for my wife in the nick of time, or even leaving us with a parting gift for the baby we have on the way, you helped us have the most amazing trip of our lives. Ines you are the epitome of what a customer service representative should be and we truly thank you for the excellent service.

Room Tip: get the royal services upgrade.... but don't pay for the retreat or what ever the top of the lin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Benjamin,

Sunny Greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for selecting us as you holiday destination.

Thank you for trusting us to host such an especial occasion as it was your wife’s birthday, it was a complete honor for us to serve you and provide you an absolutely amazing stay.

We will congratulate our team for making your vacation a top notch experience, especially to Santo Fana, Jose Reyes, Geremia Matos, and Matiel Reyes & Ines for their professionalism and always showing the passion and commitment for what we do.

It has been a privilege for us to have had you at our resort.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,131)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I keep coming back because of the people I meet. Thanks for an awesome time with Maiker Ramirez, Jose Luis de Los Santos and Yahanna Paez Bello.. The entertainment staff did a good job with keeping us up to date with all of the nightly entertainment. Until my next visit.

Room Tip: Wifi is available at pool side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2014

In this Hotel EVERYTHING was overwhalming.A 5* resort with luxury instalations but what shines the most is the SERVICE and the property cleaning!!! What a great team and service! I can mention Marcelo Sanchez ,Yael,Wendy and Amilka at the Gabi Beach Bar.Gisela Polanco was our special maid always welcoming us with a great smile.The entertainement team was great too but special thanks to Ania Castillo, Marionell and Miki.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Harold,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana, thanks for your kind words.

We are glad to know that your holidays were amazing and that our associates were able to exceed your expectations, especially Marcelo Sanchez, Yael, Wendy, Amila, Gisela Polanco, Ania Casyillo, Marionell and Miki. We will surely extend your gratitude to them, and thank them for always showing the commitment and passion for service that characterizes us.

Your paradise on earth will be waiting for you.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Wow. Wow wow wow. This has been possibly the best vacation I've had and most of it comes from the awesome staff that this hotel has. All the way from Mr Juan and Maria at the lobby bar all the way to Wendy, Marcelo, Amilka, Elizabeth and more at the Gabi beach crew. It was amazing. They are there to provide you with anything you need. They go out of their ways to make sure your stay is 110%. The beach area, the pool area, everything is just perfectly tailored for you to enjoy your vacation. Plans for another stay are in the making. If you're looking for that last push to book your trip, then let's hope that by the end of this review you'll go ahead and do this. Paradise, I miss you so!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Julio R
Jamaica, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My stay at the Paradisus Punta Cana gave me the best vacation EVER!

I made my reservation online through their website and booked a room in the Royal Service area (the best decision I ever made). From the minute I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted and treated like a Queen. My name was on a board at the Front Desk. Once I confirmed who I was, I was whisked away to a private lounge near the beach to check-in. Onesimo (One for short) greeted me and explained everything I needed to know about my stay. It was a little after noon and my room wasn't ready, so he told me to go have lunch at their exclusive restaurant, La Palapa. Trust me when I tell you...you will not be disappointed. Their food is super fresh and extremely delicious. Their shrimp and lobster ceviche....super yummy! Once I was done, my room was ready and he came and got me to introduce me to my personal butler (and new friend) Baldomoro. Baldo was over the top exceptional. I was in DR as a guest at one of my best friends' wedding...and he made me feel like a bride!!! There were days I returned to my room to see rose petals on the floor and other nights, he had chamomile-scented pillows left on the bed. He definitely spoiled me and gave me "Royal Service" that I didn't even expect.

The resort is beautiful. From the pool to the beach, from the restaurants to the spa, you will not be disappointed. The room was very nice. It was beachfront, with a huge (and extremely comfortable) bed. You receive a stocked mini-bar (which is always replenished) and an in-room espresso/coffee maker. I had a private gazebo and sitting area where I could relax. And the bathroom.....dual rain-shower heads in a glass-enclosed shower! The amenities were citrus-scented and always replenished. My room even had 2 beach towels and a beach bag for use when out and about. They definitely consider everything.

I was invited to hear about their vacation club also. Their sales team was not pushy, but always remained friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Lourdes was one of the friendliest people I've ever met. Jose and Juan...two very cool guys also :) Patricio was a godsend. He booked us on a great tour of Punta Cana, which was informative and lots of fun. He would always check on me whenever we encountered, just to make sure my family and I were OK.

I could go on, but all I have to say is I can't wait to return on vacation next year and see my new Paradisus "familia"!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank 941tamikag
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting us to host such an especial occasion as it is your birthday, it was a complete honor for us to serve you and provide you an absolutely amazing stay.

We will congratulate our team for making your vacation a top notch experience, especially to the ones who were so attentive with you, for their professionalism and always showing the passion and commitment for what we do.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Franklin Square, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Ill start off by saying that I was very nervous about having booked this hotel after reading the reviews by other people, thankfully they couldn't be more wrong! We checked in August 18th and just checked out earlier this morning ( August 25th). We arrived and were greeted with drinks the check in process went smoothly and didn't take long at all. We were driven by golf cart to our room located in the Royal Service area which we were upgraded to without even knowing (pleasant surprise). The room was absolutely gorgeous, clean and so close to the beach and both Gabi, Naos (buffets) and some restaurants. At some point we did have an issue with wifi, but it wasn't a big deal we called the guests services and they sent someone over who also taught us how to fix it. We also noticed that the wifi throughout the resort is very spotty. We had the best wifi in our room, Gabi beach and the main lobby area. Be sure to make your reservations for dinner for your entire stay as soon as possible! Some of our favorite restaurants were The Grill, Bana, Fuego, and Vento. We thought Aqua was the worst one out of all of the restaurants The service at the hotel was amazing, everyone was so kind and helpful there wasn't anything we were told "no" too. There wasn't a point during our vacation where we felt unsafe inside the resort. We were approached 3 times about doing the Melia time share presentation and since I already knew from previous reviews not to do this I just said no thank you and they moved on. The only thing I will advise and maybe the hotel should do differently is that we weren't aware of how many things there really was to do at the resort. We went to their action park and right next to it there was an office of activities where we were then given a schedule of activities we were able to do. It would've been nice to have been given this information upon check in, they do have shows every night in the main lobby which were really good and fun to watch! They should improve the shuttle service as it was very inconsistent there were days where we would wait forever and not see one, it wasn't too bad of a walk if it was nice out you would be able to walk to the main lobby from your room faster than the shuttle would take you since it goes around the entire resort. Last but not least a couple of times we ordered room service and it never came... Other than those 3 remarks the hotel and the service was exceptional and we would love to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Royal Service area if you can, or close to the beach/ restaurants!
3 Thank Thetraveler91
Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

Let us tell you how much we appreciate your warm words and the recognition showed to our associates, for their exceptional labor and for providing you the service and treatment you deserve. At Paradisus Punta Cana our only objective is to exceed your expectations and make you live a pleasant and Pure Freedom experience.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts and for letting us know every detail of your stay; the comments of our quests stay are the tools we use to improve and renew ourselves.

We will certainly congratulate our team on your behalf. Regarding the activities information allow me to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. Let me inform you that we have different information boards around the property which includes the daily activities schedule and also as you have mentioned our activities information point.

Thanks for have chosen us.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've been to my share of All-inclusives. They all have their ups and downs. You get what you paid for. For this resort, I'd say it is in my top three. One thing to point out: I did not have the butler or upgraded suite.

Room

The room layout was very similar to the Iberostar I stayed at last year in Punta Cana. 2 double beds or a King size bed and a living room/sitting area wil balcony. Very nice room and very clean. The AC blew out very cold air. I believe they are in the process of renovating. Some of the light switches didn't work, and I couldn't figure out how to turn off the chandelier lights. Tried every switch in the room and resorted to unscrewing all the light bulbs.

The bathroom needs work. There is a tub and shower, kinda small for my taste. I expected something a little more modern, like a walk in shower. But it's a bathroom. For those that like bidets, they have one. I personally didn't use it.

Beer and water was restocked everyday. Housekeeping once a day, turn down around dinner time. One thing I've always learned to do is check under pillows and on bedding for insects. Found one spider, but this is to be "normal" in tropical climates.

Food/Restaurants/Bars

The first night i thought the food was amazing. Could have been that I was just really hungry. Because after that, the buffet and food was just typical. Nothing stuck out as amazing, or something i looked forward to eating. Again, you get what you pay for. Of the restaurants I went to, the Grille had the best steaks. Don't waste your time going to Fuegos. Small portions, long wait time.

The bars were very nice. They offered top shelf, but you had to pay for it. For the regular bar, they had a nice selection: Remy, chivas, stoli, brugar rum. All the bartenders were very friendly, especially Juan and George. They also serve espresso at the bars!

Beach/pool

The best hotel beach I've been to, hands down. They have several big beds on the beach you can lay out on, some with canopies. This is great for big groups and families. Sitting out there at night was just spectacular, under the stars, listening to the waves. Expect a lot of sea weed on the beach, but in the water, I didn't find rocks or stones under my feet.

The pool is one big pool with the standard swim up bar. Wasn't dirty over overly chlorinated. one big gripe, and applies to all of the AI's, is that they close the pools so damn early. Pool was closed by 630 pm.

Room Tip: Building 17 is 5 minute walk from everything
2 Thank esoteric24
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments; we sincerely appreciate our guests experiences redacted on this page.

As the general manager of this property, I would like to deeply thank you for transmitting us your observations as it helps us improve and keep providing the best of our services.

Regarding the spider found on your bed, let me sincerely apologize for this event as it is definitely not a common practice at our hotel since we count with an external fumigation company that follows up a very strict fumigation program as we do everything possible to avoid any kind of insects in our property. Nonetheless, as our property is located in a very tropical area we are exposed to it.

We have taken with an improvement vision all your observations and will avoid these types of impressions in a future.

I can assure you that on your next visit you will be able to enjoy of our wide gastronomic variety.

Best regards,