“Honeymoon -- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”

Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Honeymoon -- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Punta Cana to stay at the all-inclusive Paradisus resort. We were married August 2nd and traveled there for our honeymoon.

We chose the royal service package and stayed in a luxury junior suite with a private garden. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I consider myself well-traveled -- I've been to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Italy, the Bahamas, etc. -- and this was literally the best vacation I have ever had. From start to finish -- it was perfect.

One of the things we enjoyed most about this trip was the people. The service at Paradisus is outstanding. We had our own personal butler 24/7 (part of the royal service package) and she was the sweetest, most gracious lady -- her name was Suri. We will definitely be requesting her on future visits to Punta Cana. Suri was so personable and it was clear that she puts her heart into what she does. She always greeted us with a smile. If we ever had any requests, she would immediately follow-through with what we had asked. Because it was our honeymoon, she arranged for several special surprises throughout the week. One night, we walked into the room after dinner and there were rose petals spread throughout the room with a champagne bottle on our table. Another night (our last night), we came in from a private dinner on the beach to find the lights in our room turned off with candles on the floor, rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, floor, and table, an assortment of little cakes on the table, and a very sweet, genuine note from Suri. It touched our hearts!

The whole process from check-in to check-out was so smooth for us. As soon as we arrived, we were whisked away on a golf cart to the royal service lounge. There, we were greeted with smiling faces and a glass of champagne. A lady came over and explained everything about the hotel to us and then a man came up and gave us a tour of the property. He led us to our room, where our luggage was dropped off within the hour. For check-out, we simply turned in our keys at the royal service lounge and Suri drove us to the front desk. Someone else brought our luggage shortly thereafter. Simple, simple, simple -- no worries at all!

We really enjoyed the royal service lounge! I enjoyed the food (appetizers throughout the day!) and my husband loved the full bar (stocked with premium liquors). It was nice to pop into the lounge at random times throughout the day.

I read a lot of reviews prior to going on our honeymoon and I'm honestly taken aback by some of the comments others make. While most reviews are positive (as they should be), others are so negative and I can't figure out why. I have no idea why some people may say the service is bad or the drinks at the bar are weak or the food is average. This is all SO incorrect. The service is SUPERB. The drinks are strong and made just to your liking. The food is EXCELLENT. And also -- I read a lot about being harassed to participate in a "sales pitch" by staff and I was worried about this prior to arrival, but this NEVER happened. So again -- not sure what people are talking about.

In summary, this was the most amazing time I have had on vacation. I absolutely loved the royal service package -- from the private beach to the adult-only aspect to the private pool with a swim-up bar. We will definitely be returning and we cannot fully express our gratitude to the people of the Dominican for the hospitality we experienced. Thank you for the wonderful memories!!

Room Tip: Royal service, without a doubt, is the way to go!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Chrystal F
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Chrystal,

Thank you for having selected Paradisus Punta Cana as your honeymoon destination and for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the world. There is no better recommendation than your warm words.

We feel grateful with our team, especially with Suri for being a super lady and provided you everything you needed to make of your honeymoon an Absolutely Amazing one. We will surely congratulate her for always exceeding our guest’s expectations and for always commit to our goals and priorities.

We sincerely hope to be part of many of your upcoming anniversaries. This hotel will always remain at your disposal and you will always be welcome at Paradisus Punta Cana.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,106)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I loved Punta Cana and recommend it to all types of travelers. I think this place is suitable for family and friends regardless if you want to party it up or relax. When I return I will more then likely choose to stay somewhere else. My experience wasn't dreadful but I also didn't leave happy with this resort. I left in love with the Dominican.

Check-in/out, rate 3: This process was easy and smooth and the people helping my sister and I at check in were really nice. While their nice personality gives them a 3 I think the information regarding the resort is lacking. I don't blame this on those that helped us but most likely the type of training they receive. Check-out was not as nice. It was straight to the point not concerned regarding how my stay was.

Shuttle Service, rate 2: It was rare when we didn't have to wait at least 10 minutes for a shuttle. Even when we checked in it took about 15-20 minutes. Even when we called for pick up it just seemed that we just randomly got lucky with a driver to pick us up. It would be nice if they had a designated driver for certain hours of the day at specific stops and then have designated drivers for check-in and check-out. Most of the drivers were not really friendly, i think my first driver at check-in was super nice and friendly and that's about it.

Rooms rate 2 & 4: We had 2 separate rooms and while i had no issues with my room my sister had a completely different experience. Also we originally requested rooms near each other. We were in the same building but at opposite sides so we were in the same area but not conveniently close. The person at the front desk claimed we were right under my sisters room but that was false. House keeping and turn down service was great. Our other room on the other hand was leaking from the AC and this made the room damp, their bed felt wet. It took them 2 days to finally decide to move my sister even though she called multiple times. The overall move took about 1-2 hrs, again bad shuttle service. They were happy with the room once they moved but then they were placed on opposite sides of the resort, another inconvenience.

Pool + Beach, rate 4.5: I loved the pool! The setting was nice, the bartenders were fun and they always played music. The reason I didn't rate this area a 5 is because the services there ended at 6PM, including towel services. The beach was amazing, decor was beautiful and their was always enough seating or lounge areas. Overall these two areas are what made my stay pleasant. The bartenders in all areas were the nicest and the funnest, I guess thats why they were placed in that position. Who likes an uptight bartender? The bartenders from Gabi Beach surprised me on my birthday with a cake, i felt very special. My favorite bartenders were Manuel Gomez, Wilson Bayo, Jorge Elena, and Jessica Perez. I wish i could remember everyone's names but those 4 stood out.

Food, rate 2: We only were able to try food at the main buffet, pool buffet, grill and room service. It is impossible to make a reservation at the restaurants. At check in they said to make reservations early but what they should have said is just book all your reservations on day 1. The food at the buffet was not great at all other then the pasta. The only part of the buffet that i am happy about is meeting the nicest lady ever Marilin Villa. She made us feel like queens and/or family she is super nice and genuine. She is currently on maternity leave for 3 months awaiting her baby boy Nicolas. The worst experience during this trip was on day 4 when i made an attempt to book a dinner reservation. I was put on hold 2-3 times before i finally was able to request for dinner but of course all places were booked. The man on the other line put me on hold again and then offered me dinner at la palapa (this restaurant is not part of the all inclusive). I clarified that this was not included and he said not to worry that they would accommodate us. I made the huge mistake of not asking his name after i was on the phone for atleast 15 min. Went to la palapa that night only to be looked at like a liar by the hostess it was the most embarrassing feeling, since i new it was not part of our all inclusive package. She was giving me the most disturbing looks until she finally called the supervisor in charge of the restaurant that night. Concierge was also contacted and she was super nice and regretful. Personally at that point i felt distraught because i felt enough had already gone wrong with our stay and I made the choice to stay at this place for my birthday. Regardless they couldn't fit us in anywhere at a decent time so back to the buffet we ate. The one restaurant we did try (The Grill) was really good so it is unfortunate we didn't get to try any other restaurants.

If your thinking about staying here do your research first!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth B
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

¡Sunny Greetings from us! Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

First of all let us apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced during you stay, we would like you to know that being our main objective to always exceed our guest expectations, we are currently working on our areas of opportunity, in order to provide to our guests the service, facilities and experience they deserve.

In the other hand, we are very glad to learn that Manuel Gomez, Wilson Bayo, Jorge Elena, and Jessica Perez & Marilin Villa provided you the service you were expecting, we will congratulate them for taking care of you and making your stay a better vacation.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you in a near future and be able to change your perception.

We remain at your disposal.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

the hotel was amazing! from the staff to the actual room and what it had to offer with different activities. the staff is great and there was 3 people in particular who were phenomenal amelia from the grill; she mad our night with her great customer service and ensuring that our night there was amazing. the driver carlos who was a great person showing us around and making sure that we had a great time there, and last but not least sylvester who is a security guard and ensured we got back to our hotel room after a great night at one of the clubs at the lobby area. i will definitely come back soon and hopefully i will have the same great stay.

Room Tip: try to get a room near the beach since all the activities and restaurants are near the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Erick,

Sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana! thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are so glad to learn that our team did everything to serve you; knowing that you had a nice stay makes us happy and encourages us to always improve ourselves and work with the same passion and deliver enthusiasm. I will personally congratulate our associates Amelia, Carlos & Sylvester on your behalf.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to host you in a near future and make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Best Regards,

Hayward, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

A wonderful experience from the time we landed until the last day. Our driver waiting for us at the airport, and escorting to the shuttle. Arriving at the resort, being taken to a VIP lounge. Our driver Felipe, took care of us the entire trip, shuttling us around the resort at all hours of the day.Excellent service at all restaurants. Rooms were clean and always maintained at a high standard. Resort management and employees were sincerely friendly.
My little girl became ill and needed medical attention, we were impressed that most of the resort staff remembered our daughters name and asked on a daily basis, how she was feeling.
I would recommend this location to all those vacationers interested in relaxing, bathing in one of the most beautiful beaches, and being attended by the most hospitable people I have ever met. The entire vacation we were treated like royalty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guets,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana resort; it is honors for us receive your comments.

You deserve nothing but the best; it was a privilege for us to have had you at our hotel. I am totally glad to know that we got to exceed all of your expectations.

Our team is always empowered of all the situations and in charge of make of our guests vacations a memorable stay. I will personally congratulate in a very special way to the ones who were in charge to make everything possible for you on your behalf.

Our guests, your satisfaction, our priority… this is who we are. Paradisus Punta Cana will be waiting for your return.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Our trip was amazing! Our views were breathtaking and the staff were amazing. We relaxed, and enjoyed ourselves. The resort was safe and comfortable. The staff bent over backwards to make our trip outstanding! Our butler Rondon went above and beyond expecially on our anniversary when we walked in from an evening out to find our room with rose petals, a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and our jacuzzi filled with hot water, bubbles' and more rose petals!!! Royal service is definitely the way to go!!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is always an honor for us to receive our guest’s warm words, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

There is no better rewarding feeling for us than to know that everything during your stay at our hotel went great.

Your comment gives us the certainty that the enthusiasm we put day by day to what we do, it’s just the result of being in love of our labor. We will certainly express your gratitude to Rondon.

We hope to have the opportunity to celebrate your upcoming anniversaries here at Paradisus Punta Cana; we will be looking forward to hear from you.

Punta Cana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My fiance and I chose Paradisus Punta Cana because it was beautiful and we thought our family and friends would love this Resort. We had 124 guests that accompanied is to Dominican Republic from New Jersey. The issues with the resort started from the first management call that we didn't get until May. We were getting married in August. They make you speak to do many representatives that you don't establish a relationship with anyone. Everything was subcontracted out. (I thought) We were told it would cost to bring in or own DJ, photographer, or videographer. We had to pay for anything extra. They did not want to give us any complimentary amenities. They thought the upgrade to Royal Service should have been appreciated. When I say everything was based on what the "contract" says. I was so pissed, we brought 124 persons to your resort and they were only there because we were getting married. They had spent at least 150,000 to book the resort, not counting the money they spent on Spas, excursions, and local vendors. My fiance and I found out they had suites that were a considerable upgrades. Some of our guests had better rooms than ours. It was embarrassing. The Spa booked the Bridal Suite so I was unable to use it for my bridal party. We had to dress in our small junior suite. I couldn't understand if there are 2 weddings a day and my wedding was at 6pm. How could the bridal suite be booked out. Both weddings should be accommodated. I couldn't understand that. The food was terrible. I must say the buffet at Gabi was horrible and NAOS was a little above terrible. The early morning buffet around 3 am was disgusting. They were bringing out anything left in the kitchen. The restaurants that you need to reserve were better. I liked LaPalapa, it's a part of the Royal Service, which includes a butler. It sounds better than it is. Your personal butler isn't only assigned to you. The property and the weather was great and beautiful. My wedding day was great. Thank God! Because the service was below average. To end my trip, 2 of my guest were robbed of their money the night before, I had to go to guest services and call the local police. I WAS LIVID! I will never return to this property, there are too many other options.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

4 Thank Michael H
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

The service staff were really great and happy to help with anything needed, they are the asset of his property along with the nice beach and good pool area.

The food was ok but nothing great. Gabi Beach buffet is the same every meal with minimal change from day to day. Ok food just no real big variety. NAOS has a rotating "Country" menu but with that said, not a ton of variety. What I mean by that is that it seems the meats were the same but in different sauces or preparation based on the county being featured that night. Fuego was ok but nothing we wanted to return for and actually went to the Gabi Beach Buffet afterwards as the kids were still hungry. Mole was horrible and was the general feedback from everyone we spoke with. The Grill was ok. Vento was very good and we would have returned to it.

Service at the main bar was very good and they do a great job with the amount of people they serve.

Extra tips at the bars and restaurants were genuinely appreciated as they do work very hard.

The kids area with the bungee jump is nice although it was broken for several days. The bike rental is a nice touch but you have to reserve it 3 days out. So when you arrive, you can get a bike in 3 days and only keep it for 3 days.

Beach is very nice, some walking vendors but they stay between the property and the water so they do not approach your chairs.

The big issue we had were bed bugs as did several other folks we talked to. My wife was really affected and had welts all over her body. They did come in and replace all the bedding including pillows but it didn't resolve the issue. We were told the property was at capacity

Overall the property was nice, but we will not be returning. Also, the Dominican people are great but we didn't get the sense of wanting to adventure out like we do in Aruba, the Turks, St Thomas, etc... where we always rent cars and explore the island. We were warned many times that we would have a good chance of being robbed if we ventured out and we didn't want to put the children in that situation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family