My husband and I recently traveled to Punta Cana to stay at the all-inclusive Paradisus resort. We were married August 2nd and traveled there for our honeymoon.
We chose the royal service package and stayed in a luxury junior suite with a private garden. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I consider myself well-traveled -- I've been to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Italy, the Bahamas, etc. -- and this was literally the best vacation I have ever had. From start to finish -- it was perfect.
One of the things we enjoyed most about this trip was the people. The service at Paradisus is outstanding. We had our own personal butler 24/7 (part of the royal service package) and she was the sweetest, most gracious lady -- her name was Suri. We will definitely be requesting her on future visits to Punta Cana. Suri was so personable and it was clear that she puts her heart into what she does. She always greeted us with a smile. If we ever had any requests, she would immediately follow-through with what we had asked. Because it was our honeymoon, she arranged for several special surprises throughout the week. One night, we walked into the room after dinner and there were rose petals spread throughout the room with a champagne bottle on our table. Another night (our last night), we came in from a private dinner on the beach to find the lights in our room turned off with candles on the floor, rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, floor, and table, an assortment of little cakes on the table, and a very sweet, genuine note from Suri. It touched our hearts!
The whole process from check-in to check-out was so smooth for us. As soon as we arrived, we were whisked away on a golf cart to the royal service lounge. There, we were greeted with smiling faces and a glass of champagne. A lady came over and explained everything about the hotel to us and then a man came up and gave us a tour of the property. He led us to our room, where our luggage was dropped off within the hour. For check-out, we simply turned in our keys at the royal service lounge and Suri drove us to the front desk. Someone else brought our luggage shortly thereafter. Simple, simple, simple -- no worries at all!
We really enjoyed the royal service lounge! I enjoyed the food (appetizers throughout the day!) and my husband loved the full bar (stocked with premium liquors). It was nice to pop into the lounge at random times throughout the day.
I read a lot of reviews prior to going on our honeymoon and I'm honestly taken aback by some of the comments others make. While most reviews are positive (as they should be), others are so negative and I can't figure out why. I have no idea why some people may say the service is bad or the drinks at the bar are weak or the food is average. This is all SO incorrect. The service is SUPERB. The drinks are strong and made just to your liking. The food is EXCELLENT. And also -- I read a lot about being harassed to participate in a "sales pitch" by staff and I was worried about this prior to arrival, but this NEVER happened. So again -- not sure what people are talking about.
In summary, this was the most amazing time I have had on vacation. I absolutely loved the royal service package -- from the private beach to the adult-only aspect to the private pool with a swim-up bar. We will definitely be returning and we cannot fully express our gratitude to the people of the Dominican for the hospitality we experienced. Thank you for the wonderful memories!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort