11,902 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberplatinum servicemain lobbyel pescadorlobby buffeta la carte restaurantsseafoodthe lion kinganimation teamdominican republicsteak
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I read all the reviews before going. Spent a week at Bavaro Princess. Loved it. Excellent beach, house band + 3 singers! you can buy a CD off them for 15 USD. Beautiful grounds complete with peacocks, flamingoes, ducks, geese, parrots, budgies, rabbits and bats at night! wow! Beach showers not enough water pressure. Very clean washrooms. Do the Canopy Adventure Tour for 89$US, supersafe and very professionally run. Feed the ducks and geese with the bread stored in the container by the pond. Licey restaurant requires reservation. Catch the floating pianist at Chopin restaurant. Get to Tanuki restaurant around 6 p.m. to wait for teppanyaki table, Chef Felix was entertaining and sweet and funny. Extensive grounds for walking/jogging but train is available to get around the complex. Remember your 10US$ to enter the country and 20$US to exit the DR. Get cheaper internet just outside the gate within an easy walk ( 1 hr = 4 USD). Great selection of food. Watch the salt at the pasta stations; had to tell my chef not to use any cuz they do overdo it. Loved it!

Room Tip: I had rm 3220, close to casino/disco, reception, quiet pool, theatre and buffet restaurant Hispaniola.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank worldtravellerWhitby
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My family recently returned from our vacation at the Bavaro Princess. We were traveling with an 11 month old son... which to say the least made our vacation very active.

The resort was a good resort for the price point. A lot of negative reviews use comments like "not really a 5 star resort" etc. The important thing to understand is that a resorts rating is based on the availability of services, etc. But not all five star resorts are the same. If they were, there would be no differences in prices. My wife and I typically stay at Iberostar Grands, etc... and the price point of these resorts is typically double that of the Bavaro Princess. On this trip we were traveling with family where the Bavaro Princess was more in line with everyone's financial comfort levels. Paying less than half of what we would normally pay for other five star resorts, we were under no grand illusions that we would receive top shelf wines or scotches.

Rooms:
The rooms were quite large. We were upgraded to a honeymoon suite which had a large sitting area, hot tub, etc. Although the room was large, it did have a distinct smell. Our hot water worked only the last two days and the water pressure was non existent. The shower leaked all over the bathroom and had a fair amount of mould growing on the walls. The rooms were quite humid and at times it felt like we were going to bed in a damp/ wet bed.

Grounds:
The grounds are quite green and lush. There are a number of green areas, beautiful flowers, ponds, etc. With that being said, they are quite large. My wife and I did not find this to be much of an issue and preferred to walk the majority of the places we went. However, my father in law who has bad hips found the resort to be quite challenging (although he used the trolly regularly and found it to be quite convenient. Our room was the furtherest possible point from the beach on the resort... however we could easily walk from our room to the beach in 10 minutes. The beach is absolutely beautiful. I walked 45 minutes in either direction and did not find another beach that was nicer than the beach at the Bavaro Princess. The pools are quite nice. The smaller pool close to the main building is fair less busy...

Food:
The food was OK. The Asian restaurant (Sakura) is terrible... I would not recommend eating there. The others (Italian, Steak house and Teppanyaki) were decent. The best meal we had was at the buffet on Christmas eve... it was quite well done with delicious options. The wine at the restaurants is decent. The waiters will give you a menu to purchase other wines, however, the house wine is free and good.

Service:
By far, the best part of this resort is the service. We received excellent service throughout our stay. Our room was cleaned early in the day, always had drinks in our fridge typically getting more than "standard stocking". We tipped the fridge stocking gentlemen a couple of times ($5 and $10) and we regularly received extra water, beer and pop. To ensure that he received the tip we left it in the fridge. A couple of times he ran out of different options before he reached our room and would make a special trip back to the main resort to pick up additional pop/ beer, etc. to stock our fridge. The buffet staff was amazing. Especially with our son. We typically sat in the same place and the staff would play peak-a-boo with our son from across the restaurant, pick him up, give him kisses, etc. No matter what we asked for, they were more than happy to help us out... Again, we tend to tip a fair amount... so I am not sure if that influenced their treatment of our family.

Selling:
There is a significant amount of selling at this resort. Especially at the main pool and on the beach. You will be asked frequently to buy an excursion, but if you say no once they generally will walk away without bothering you further.

Overall:
Overall the resort was good. Not perfect, not terrible. If you take the good with the bad and don't take things too seriously, I am sure you will have a wonderful stay. My wife and I will not likely return, however this is not an indication of the Bavaro Princess as opposed to our resort preferences.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
17  Thank awhite05
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Pro's
Rooms were very clean!
Beach was great!
Pools were great!

Con's
Not really an all inclusive resort, Each day you received 4 pop's and 2 beer, and most times they wouldn't be there to stock your fridge till late afternoon.
Huge wait times for the a la cart restaurants
Food tasted all the same
People were always trying to sell you thing on the resort and on the beach. One morning I was approched 6 times.
Not a big drink selection
You has to take trucks to transfer you around the resort, it was a 10 min walk from our room, which was close to the beach to the main lobby.
Also, I went up to get a towel one morning and the gentleman handing them out, denied it to me unless I talked to him. It made me really uncomfortable and by the end of it I had to be extremely rude to get a towel. VERY UNNECESSARY
Customer Service was very poor, With so many people at one resort it seemed like they didn't really care to much.

This was our second time to Punta Cana, and I was pretty disappointed with this resort.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tine G
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our post Thanksgiving vacation was great. My Mom and I have a lovely time on the resort and enjoyed Bavaro, Dominican Republic. The staff on the resort was very friendly and accomodated ALL of our requests. I will return many times next year. We had no problems getting seats at the beach, in the restaurants, and enjoyed the live nightly entertainment.
The island was safer than I expected. I enjoyed the Country tour. Please do not limit your island experience to the resort only (although that is relaxing). I loved the culture and people.

Room Tip: Get a room in the 800s - closer to the beach
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank MJCAN
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Just returned from this resort on 24th December. Great vacations, food was excellent, very clean suite and top of all honest maid service. After my sister in-law left her suite for return to Ottawa, the maid cleaning suite 354 on 17 Dec, noticed a valuable wrist watch was left in her suite. The maid recognize us as in-laws and gave us that watch! Great gesture of appreciation and I reported this honest gesture to the accommodation managers Manguial and Freddy. The sad part of this trip was caused by SunWing vacation who really demonstrated disorganization with less than a week that modified the return trip for a stop at Montreal which left us on the tarmac for 1h30 prior to departure to Ottawa. Once in Ottawa, it took over an hour to retrive our luggage due to SunWing technical failures. So much for a professional vacation service which had nothing to do with Bavaro Princess. We would return but with another air service.

Room Tip: Go for the suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple