11,974 results
All reviews platinum lounge bella pasta platinum package bungalow suite platinum beach platinum section justin bieber platinum service main lobby el pescador lobby buffet a la carte restaurants the lion king seafood animation team dominican republic steak
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Within 2 hours of arriving we were ROBBED from our DIGITAL SAFE. You put in your own code for the safe.Guess who can open the safes . I WONDER WAS IT SECURITY. They only LAUGHED at us. RONALD the manager is only a JOKE. He would not call police. When I got home I contacted the Princess group of hotels main office in SPAIN .There reply said it is not there policy to call the police. AGAIN THE PLACE IS FULL OF ROBBERS.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank ewerbill
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Tremendous spot on the best beach in the DR. Bungalow rooms are top notch and staff couldn't have been better. Restaurants were very good with lots of choice
Will return

• Stayed: December 2011
9  Thank Tywear
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I must say this resort was very nice. I enjoyed everyday I was there. The beach is beautiful, the pools are great as well. The only downfall of these pools is that they closed them at 6pm, which I thought should be open longer. The service was okay, the waiters and waitresses were overall really nice but make sure to tip them well in order for them to keep on coming and serving you. The rooms were amazing! very, very pretty and they had big jacuzzi in each. I was there with my family and its a great resort for a family. If your planning on souvenir shopping, they have little stores right outside the resort which are safe to go to. Also they have couple stands on the beach, which are a 20 min walk to get there. The sellers will come up and say everything is "cheapy cheapy" so make sure to bargain with them :). Overall great resort, I had an amazing time with my family !

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the beach, you will have a shorter walk there as well as to the pool with a swim up bar. Plus these rooms are the remodeled ones :)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank madziapl88
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I read all the reviews before going. Spent a week at Bavaro Princess. Loved it. Excellent beach, house band + 3 singers! you can buy a CD off them for 15 USD. Beautiful grounds complete with peacocks, flamingoes, ducks, geese, parrots, budgies, rabbits and bats at night! wow! Beach showers not enough water pressure. Very clean washrooms. Do the Canopy Adventure Tour for 89$US, supersafe and very professionally run. Feed the ducks and geese with the bread stored in the container by the pond. Licey restaurant requires reservation. Catch the floating pianist at Chopin restaurant. Get to Tanuki restaurant around 6 p.m. to wait for teppanyaki table, Chef Felix was entertaining and sweet and funny. Extensive grounds for walking/jogging but train is available to get around the complex. Remember your 10US$ to enter the country and 20$US to exit the DR. Get cheaper internet just outside the gate within an easy walk ( 1 hr = 4 USD). Great selection of food. Watch the salt at the pasta stations; had to tell my chef not to use any cuz they do overdo it. Loved it!

Room Tip: I had rm 3220, close to casino/disco, reception, quiet pool, theatre and buffet restaurant Hispaniola.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank worldtravellerWhitby
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My family recently returned from our vacation at the Bavaro Princess. We were traveling with an 11 month old son... which to say the least made our vacation very active.

The resort was a good resort for the price point. A lot of negative reviews use comments like "not really a 5 star resort" etc. The important thing to understand is that a resorts rating is based on the availability of services, etc. But not all five star resorts are the same. If they were, there would be no differences in prices. My wife and I typically stay at Iberostar Grands, etc... and the price point of these resorts is typically double that of the Bavaro Princess. On this trip we were traveling with family where the Bavaro Princess was more in line with everyone's financial comfort levels. Paying less than half of what we would normally pay for other five star resorts, we were under no grand illusions that we would receive top shelf wines or scotches.

Rooms:
The rooms were quite large. We were upgraded to a honeymoon suite which had a large sitting area, hot tub, etc. Although the room was large, it did have a distinct smell. Our hot water worked only the last two days and the water pressure was non existent. The shower leaked all over the bathroom and had a fair amount of mould growing on the walls. The rooms were quite humid and at times it felt like we were going to bed in a damp/ wet bed.

Grounds:
The grounds are quite green and lush. There are a number of green areas, beautiful flowers, ponds, etc. With that being said, they are quite large. My wife and I did not find this to be much of an issue and preferred to walk the majority of the places we went. However, my father in law who has bad hips found the resort to be quite challenging (although he used the trolly regularly and found it to be quite convenient. Our room was the furtherest possible point from the beach on the resort... however we could easily walk from our room to the beach in 10 minutes. The beach is absolutely beautiful. I walked 45 minutes in either direction and did not find another beach that was nicer than the beach at the Bavaro Princess. The pools are quite nice. The smaller pool close to the main building is fair less busy...

Food:
The food was OK. The Asian restaurant (Sakura) is terrible... I would not recommend eating there. The others (Italian, Steak house and Teppanyaki) were decent. The best meal we had was at the buffet on Christmas eve... it was quite well done with delicious options. The wine at the restaurants is decent. The waiters will give you a menu to purchase other wines, however, the house wine is free and good.

Service:
By far, the best part of this resort is the service. We received excellent service throughout our stay. Our room was cleaned early in the day, always had drinks in our fridge typically getting more than "standard stocking". We tipped the fridge stocking gentlemen a couple of times ($5 and $10) and we regularly received extra water, beer and pop. To ensure that he received the tip we left it in the fridge. A couple of times he ran out of different options before he reached our room and would make a special trip back to the main resort to pick up additional pop/ beer, etc. to stock our fridge. The buffet staff was amazing. Especially with our son. We typically sat in the same place and the staff would play peak-a-boo with our son from across the restaurant, pick him up, give him kisses, etc. No matter what we asked for, they were more than happy to help us out... Again, we tend to tip a fair amount... so I am not sure if that influenced their treatment of our family.

Selling:
There is a significant amount of selling at this resort. Especially at the main pool and on the beach. You will be asked frequently to buy an excursion, but if you say no once they generally will walk away without bothering you further.

Overall:
Overall the resort was good. Not perfect, not terrible. If you take the good with the bad and don't take things too seriously, I am sure you will have a wonderful stay. My wife and I will not likely return, however this is not an indication of the Bavaro Princess as opposed to our resort preferences.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
17  Thank awhite05