Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
GreenLeadersSilver level
Port Jefferson Station, New York, United States
“Never again”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Punta Cana presented with beautiful weather and landscapes, however the food at the Bavaro Princess Hotel was AWFUL and the resort was filled with obnoxious Europeans and tourists. The bed was too firm and the pillows were flat and/or lumpy. The food selection was limited to 6 restaurant options in which you could only go to once throughout your trip, which also served terrible food. The food was bland, or too salty and just horrible, no other way to explain it. Also, the beaches were filled with speedos and topless sunbathers, which hindered the beauty of the beach and your ability to relax. In DR smoking in doors and out doors is permitted so the hotel was filled with smoke and inconsiderate people smoking during meals, at the pool, beach, lobby etc.! DR is nice but we would NOT recommend this resort!

5 Thank Victor D
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We were disappointed to read about the negative experience you had while a guest in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Community Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,852)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I just got back from Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino (November 8 – 15, 2013). We travelled via Sunwing vacations. The arrival at the resort was a good experience. We were taken to our room promptly. We were in room 3136 near the main lobby area and we had a garden view room, which also overlooked the small pool. The grounds and gardens were well kept and the flowers were lovely to look at.
Upon arrival to the room it was a bit musty smelly, but we turned on the ceiling fan and the smelled cleared.
The room was clean and neat, but definitely dated. It had 2 single beds that could be shoved together, a couch, a chair, dresser, large closet and a tv.
The patio area was nice and we enjoyed our morning coffee on it each day.
The safe was free and it had a hair dryer, but no clock radio.
The restaurants were well supplied with a good variety of hot foods during meal service.
The Staff were friendly and accommodating to you needs.
The larger pool which is located near the beach had several activities happening throughout out the day. The tram which ran ever 7-10 minutes dropped you off throughout the resort as required.
The vendors on the beach were not to invasive to your personal space.
The only concerns I had was the inability to connect to the internet which you had to be in the main lobby to use.
Overall I enjoyed my vacation. I would recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms are larger that garden suite roooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan H
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Bavaro Princess.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

We are pleased you had a delightful stay and the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction.

Best regards,

Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My review on this property started out to be very very bad. Arrived at the hotel around 11-12pm. The room we were given was Block C i beleive. Its called Junior Rooms. Well it was filthy, black mould, centipedes in the shower...etc.This would be lucky to be classed a 1*. Most people getting stuck with these rooms would have been with sunquest.
I think i was at the desk about 5 times...even 4am i was there. I was told there was nothing else that everything was full. Yeah right

Next day i went to the sunquest people and she came with me to the front desk. Houlio or whatever his name was told me that was what i paid for...YEAH REALLY...i demanded a new room or told sunquest to send me to a different resort or send me home. I was not happy.

The desk manager said for a fee he would move me...I told him he was not getting an fing dime more out of me.

I ended up coming home with the trots too. If you have other choices take them. I wouldnt go back, although the room replacement was nice and clean and no black mould.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank mcphami
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Ringoes, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was the first visit to Punta Cana for myself and my boyfriend and I can honestly say it won't be our last! I couldn't get over how beautiful the grounds were and the beach was spectacular. The staff was always pleasant, smiling and willing to make our trip that much better. The resturants were very good and there was a nice variety to choose from. Out only regret is we booked a 6 day trip so next year will be 10!!! We also highly recommend the Carribean Buccaneers trip, the experience was unique and it is a new excursion (less than a year) the show they out on was unique and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening.

1 Thank Janet T
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comment about your stay at Bavaro Princess. It´s a pleasure to have covered your expectations and hope that we will soon have the possibility to welcome you again.

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I know is kind of late but.......I admit, I'm lazy at writing.
In June this year, my wife and I went for the 7th or 8th time at BP. As usual we went Platinum
because we like "top shelf" drinks and all the benefits you get from Platinum.
What can I say!? Everything was great from the moment we arrived to the day we left.
Our flight was on time and we had a minivan for transfer from the airport to the resort. Tip: ask for a minivan if you want to arrive real fast at the resort and don't forget to tip the guy who "set you up for a minivan"....and the driver when you get to the hotel. Usually a couple of USD will do it. We had just one stop to another resort for the couple which shared the minivan with us and then to BP. You are "delivered" to the front of the resort and you have to talk to the "busboys chief" and specify that you are Platinum. A trolley will take you to the Platinum Lounge(Reception) where your "paradise" starts. :)
Being hot, outside, you are welcome to a fresh wet towel from the refrigerator and a glass of champagne or.......whatever you like. Don't forget to make reservations for a la carte restaurants
and if you don't feel like going one night, just cancel ahead of time. That will be very thoughtful of you.
All the Staff works very hard for the money and the tips are appreciated starting with the maid and ending with the Reception staff.
I would like to specify few names for their hard work which makes our vacation unforgettable and willing to return every year.
-Mr. Martires Ruiz.........boss,thank you very much.
-Mr. Freddy Rodrigues....................I miss your smile and all you did for us.
-Mr. Juan........................my friend, I can't wait to see you again.
-Mr. Rodolfo.........I'll be back next year.
-Mrs. Margarita......you were on vacation but we'll meet you next year.

Special thanks to the bartenders from the Platinum beach and Lounge....Maria and Ana.......and ?(I forgot your name but I put a picture of us here)

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario C
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you loved your stay in our hotel and really appreciated the services proposed by our staff. Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards from your Bavaro Princess family!!!

White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was our second trip to the Bavaro Princess and we thoroughly enjoyed both. I can't say enough good things about the friendly and accommodating staff, in fact I feel bad that I didn't write all their names down. A few of the many names I can remember are Sarah, Margarita, Dominica, and Carlos.

My only complaint is that there is almost never a WiFi connection and if you have Verizon as a cell provider, you will rarely have even 3G. It would be awesome if they could provide WiFi in key areas like the Platinum Lounge, the lobby, the pools, and the beach.

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade to the Platinum club.
2 Thank mike w
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at Bavaro Princess and for passing on your positive feedback.
We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay. Regarding the WIFI, since November 1st we are providing a faster internet service and we have been offering while ago free WIFI at the lobby.

We hope to welcome you back to the our hotel in the near future,

Wish you all the best.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Already from the check-in they were very friendly and helpfull. The bell-boys are helpfull aswell. Our room was big with jaccussi next to our bed,they were very clean aswell. The gardens are beautyfull!! Also the food is good,with plenty choises to have your dinners.All the bars are just perfect with great barkeepers.The mainpool is so nice,big, and with a lovely refreshing bar in it,just great!Also the beach is big so clean and plenty beds. The spa is very nice aswell,with staff that knows their jobs. And at evenings the animation team did good work;nice show,plenty off dance,good life music band..! With staff like this,and such a perfect resort,it was our first time but defently not our last in the princess!!! Thanku fr a perfect relaxed holiday.

Room Tip: D'ont take the cheapest one,ask for one close to beach.
1 Thank edmondvantrier
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.