The resort itself was meticulously manicured. The entire staff was very friendly and very willing to assist you in whatever your needs were. I will say that if you could speak Spanish it would work in your favor. I did notice that all of the staff recognized the "platinum" bracelet and it seemed to make a difference in being waited on. At first we were all over tipping. It turns out the average wage in The DR is $6 to $10 per day so needless to say that a couple of dollars is a big deal. We were doing $5 and $10 at a time in the beginning. As far as the platinum upgrade is concerned, we never utilized all of the amenities. Also, a word about the non motorized activities. Unless you have experience on the Hobie or windsurfing, you need to take a $35 class before they let you take it out. The resort only had one Hobie sailboat and one windsurf board. The Hobie actually broke its mast on one day. Going between other resorts didn't interest us. But the platinum upgrade is still worth it.
The resort food was good but not spectacular. The beverages are ok if you can acquire a taste for El Presidente' beer and drinks made with coconut. As in the warnings go do not drink the water from the tap and refrain from even brushing your teeth with it. Some of our group suffered some stomach distress but nothing a little Imodium wouldn't take care of.
As far as optional excursions go, avoid the "boogie" tour. These are the ATV and a smaller version of them. The tour is very dusty and you have to go slow due to the "road" being very rough. The cave you stop at is another tourist trap on this excursion with vendors selling their wares. None of us jumped into the pool of water. It didn't look inviting. They take you to a public beach that the beach was pretty but nonetheless a public beach.
The trip to Saoma island(spelling?) island was certainly a highlight of the trip. The island was gorgeous and the food they served us was a highlight in itself. The island was the used in the movies "The Blue Lagoon" and one of "The Pirates of the Carribean" movies. The catamaran ride back was also very fun. Our guides of Carlos, "Grandpa", and Sausage(real name but pronounced different) was a real showman. Actually he was a nut but real entertaining. At this resort, we were the first to get on the shuttle buses and for some reason the last to get off. The tour company went to several other resorts to pick up additional people. The tour company did split the many hotels up on the way back from the island excursion. Still the Bavaro Princess was one of the last stops. Every resort has NUMEROUS speed bumps. It almost gets comical after the 30th speed bump. The beaches at the resort are beautiful. However, being on the Atlantic side, the wave action could get a little rough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana