“First trip to Dominican Republic - Bavaro Princess”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #36 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The resort itself was meticulously manicured. The entire staff was very friendly and very willing to assist you in whatever your needs were. I will say that if you could speak Spanish it would work in your favor. I did notice that all of the staff recognized the "platinum" bracelet and it seemed to make a difference in being waited on. At first we were all over tipping. It turns out the average wage in The DR is $6 to $10 per day so needless to say that a couple of dollars is a big deal. We were doing $5 and $10 at a time in the beginning. As far as the platinum upgrade is concerned, we never utilized all of the amenities. Also, a word about the non motorized activities. Unless you have experience on the Hobie or windsurfing, you need to take a $35 class before they let you take it out. The resort only had one Hobie sailboat and one windsurf board. The Hobie actually broke its mast on one day. Going between other resorts didn't interest us. But the platinum upgrade is still worth it.
The resort food was good but not spectacular. The beverages are ok if you can acquire a taste for El Presidente' beer and drinks made with coconut. As in the warnings go do not drink the water from the tap and refrain from even brushing your teeth with it. Some of our group suffered some stomach distress but nothing a little Imodium wouldn't take care of.
As far as optional excursions go, avoid the "boogie" tour. These are the ATV and a smaller version of them. The tour is very dusty and you have to go slow due to the "road" being very rough. The cave you stop at is another tourist trap on this excursion with vendors selling their wares. None of us jumped into the pool of water. It didn't look inviting. They take you to a public beach that the beach was pretty but nonetheless a public beach.
The trip to Saoma island(spelling?) island was certainly a highlight of the trip. The island was gorgeous and the food they served us was a highlight in itself. The island was the used in the movies "The Blue Lagoon" and one of "The Pirates of the Carribean" movies. The catamaran ride back was also very fun. Our guides of Carlos, "Grandpa", and Sausage(real name but pronounced different) was a real showman. Actually he was a nut but real entertaining. At this resort, we were the first to get on the shuttle buses and for some reason the last to get off. The tour company went to several other resorts to pick up additional people. The tour company did split the many hotels up on the way back from the island excursion. Still the Bavaro Princess was one of the last stops. Every resort has NUMEROUS speed bumps. It almost gets comical after the 30th speed bump. The beaches at the resort are beautiful. However, being on the Atlantic side, the wave action could get a little rough.

Room Tip: By upgrading to the "platinum" the rooms are closer to the beach. The resort is stretched...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Nick C.

Thank you for posting a review of your recent trip at Bavaro Princess.

We would like to extend our apologies for the incoveniences related to our service as well as we truly appreciate your feedback because it helps out to improve in those singular points that need to be looked at.

At the same time we thank you for choosing to stay in our resort and for the value related to our staff friendliness and other amenities. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again when you return to Dominican Republic.

Best regards.

J. de la Vieja.
General Manager.
Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Really enjoyed our trip to the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana it was a very nice resort. The building we were in was right next to the Ambulance station and was in need of an upgrade however the buildings down by the beach were already started being renovated while we were there and they were beautiful. Our room was close to the front of the resort so we were close to the lobby, the buffet and had a swimming pool very close to us which was empty pretty much our whole trip we found this great cause we would be the only ones it in most of the day cause everyone else was down to the beach and the main pool. The food was great and so was the service. Would definitely go back here again in a few years.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCOVE99

Dear Bcove99

Thank you for take your time to post a review of your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We feel glad that you have enjoyed during your stay with us because it is our main goal however there are things to improve that is why suggestions and comments are well receive.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the food and amenities in general that is why we feel pleased being able to serve you.

We hope that you will visit us again when you return to Dominican Republic.

Warm regards,

J. de la Vieja
Gerente General.
Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I would start by saying that this resort was my first trip to punta cana and it was a horrible experience for me and my family . Here is my story , we got there May 3rd 2014 Saturday like around 2:30 pm , I was traveling with my wife and two kids , one is three years old and the other one is one year old . First the check in , we got to the lobby and ask for a room closed to the pool and restaurants because we are traveling with kids the man look at me and told me that he needs to talk to his manager , when he came back he told me That he got bad news for me that they only got one room left and is not closed to the pool then he pull out a map of the resort and point were this room was located , it was really far from the pool and restaurants , then I explains to him that I need it closed to the pool because of my kids he look back at me and smile and told me that if I want a closed room we are gonna have to said the word that no boss want to hears basically he was asking me for money . I was really upset we never expect to hear this in our check in , I told him that I was gonna stay in the room that he offer me . I went to the room and for our surprise the ac was broken we went back to the lobby and told the guy that the ac was broken he's answer was sorry but we are full now , you and your family gonna have to wait until tomorrow at 2: 30 pm , we explain to him that right in front of our room there was an empty room , he took an step back and told us very unprofessional way that if we are calling him a Lear , then he took out a paper and show us that the resort was 100 percent full , so we went back to the room and the next day we spoke with a different guy he told me that they don't have anything available until the next day Monday , I put my hand in my pocket and I took out twenty dollars I give it to him he smiles back and told me that he needs to talk to his manager , when he came back he was smiling and told me that he got the perfect room for us , this room was in a perfect location for us right in front of the pool and restaurants but the room was not in perfect condition like I was expecting the tv cable was damage , the front door was not closing right and the toilet do not flush properly , we call the main lobby and they send a handyman to fix everything like around 9:00 pm with a security guard my kids were sleeping already .The next day we found a death roach in the shower . The last day my older kid was asking me for a coka cola drink I open one and I give to him and he told me that the bottle feels weird when I look the coka cola bottle was broken he almost cut his lips ,what they do is they clean the same bottles over and over and they refill it , also they need to do more activities for adults and kids , we found it really boring .Now if you wanna go try your luck go to this resort but don't tell me that I dint worried about it .

Stayed: May 2014
11  Thank Graysel A
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Graysel A.

We appreciate your time posting a review of your recent experience at Bavaro Princess.

On behalf of the entire staff of this hotel we would like to extend our most sinceres apologies for any possible incovenience you had experience during your stay with us. We value your feedback as an opportunity to improve our guest´s experiences and services. We apologize for the bad impressions of one of our staff member, we will look into this matter to take severe measures because believe or not, that is not how things works in Princess Hotels.

Thank you one more time for let us know of many things that happen in our property and due to the number of people staying in a very short time, sometimes many of your complaints are not receive by the managment. We deeply regret that due to this particular things you were not able to enjoy your vacation as you expected.

As human beings, we believe in second chances, certainly we are not perfect but we would like to change your mind and have another chance to welcome you in a near future and give to you the treatment you really deserve from the very start. Thank you for your comprehension.

Honestly,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Let me start by saying I normally don't write reviews, but this time I just could let it go. My friend and I travel all around the world and stayed at many places, Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino is the worst place by a mile!!
Food is mediocre at best, rooms are dingy, pools are dirty but the real problem with this place is the staff.
Le's see
1. In order to get into restaurants you have to wait 30-60min to be seated and can make reservations in advance.
2. Hostess at the "Bella Pasta" was taking $10 per person "under the table" to let them in ahead of line".. When I complained why a couple went ahead of us even though we were there before, her response was "pay $10 and you can go sooner"(funny how they don't speak English unless it involves $$)
3. At "El Pescador" restaurant Wanted to try 2 different appetizers and the waiter refused to take the order saying only one appetizer per person is allowed. (I paid for all inclusive!!!!)
4. 90% of the stuff don't speak English at all
5. Everyone Rude and disrespectful beyond believes
6. Ask a question and you'll be ignored.
One more thing.. The resort is full of mosquitoes and no one tells you advance so you'll be prepared.

If you haven't booked please don't! Save your money is go somewhere else. If you already booked: good luck and pack mosquito repellent. (if I were you I would cut my losses and go somewhere else)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank nliana83
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Nliana83.

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at Bávaro Princess.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the incoveniences you had during your stay with us, we are deeply sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations, especially concerning the staff taking into account that Dominican Republic is consider one of the more visited tourist destinations in the world thanks to the friendliness of its people, in fact we are ranked at # 29.

We apologize if you were ignore or any of our employees offended you or was disrespectful. The way how Dominicans treats the tourist could be disrespectful for some cultures. We are commited to the comfort and safety of all our guests so please accept our apologies one more time.

We are sorry to read about the incident that ocurred to you with one of our staff member at Bella Pasta. We will start to investigate about it in order to take severe measures, that is not how things works in Princess Hotels.

Concerning the time you had to wait in restaurants, we apologize if this situation did happen once for any specific reason but it is hard to believe that it could happen to you during your whole stay and in all the restaurants. Our guest service department is working for our guests 15 hours per day always looking for satisfaction of our guests, especially making dinner reservations.

Finally we apologize that you were disturbed by the mosquitos. Unfortunately, mosquitos are very common in Dominican Republic because is a caribbean country.

One more time we apologize for the fact that you did not enjoy your vacation as you wished. Anyhow you truly appreciate your feedback because it helps out to improve the quality of our service especially in those singular points that we need to be looked at.

We would like to change your mind and have another chance to welcome you in a near future. Thank you for your comprehension.

Honestly,

Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We came to the resort for a friends wedding and we had a great time. Our room was located near the pool, beach and ala carte restaurants, I believe it was in the 400 area. The room was very clean and spacious. The food was good, but the entertainment was rather boring. I would highly recommend this resort. The beach was the nicest along the coast in front of our resort. We walked to both ends of the coastline to the beach venders, about 45 min walk...leisurely!! You have to be up with the birds to get a lounge chair under the shade! Loved also how close it was to the airport, and the transfers to the room where great!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 300-400 area where the best. We had 416 and 411. The second level rooms are not as...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gina M
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Gina M.

Thank you for your time sharing a review of your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms along with the other facilities. At the same time we apologize because the nightly shows was not what you were expecting however your comments will be transmitted to our entertainment team. Thank you for your suggestion which is very helpful.

One more we would like to thank you for choosing us not only as your tourist destination but also to celebrate this ceremony with friends in our premises and finally for all your compliments. For us it was a pleasure to serving you.

We hope to have the pleasure to receive you very soon.

Honestly.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the Resort April 26th through May 7th. I've reviewed this resort many times, so please go back and look at those. I'll just mention a few different things. We always stay Platinum for a few reasons. My wife drinks Amaretto DiSaronna and it is always available in the Platinum lounge. We also like going to the other different Princess resorts for dinner. After going the the BP five times, we just like something different. I've read all the reports about the attacks of the Timeshare people, Royal Vacations. I have never been approached. All I can think of is that they are not allowed to approach Platinum guests. I will say that we did see them out in force. Especially at the main buffet in the lobby. Everyone was great once again this year and Freddy did a great job in his new position in guest services. He made us feel most welcome. If I had any bad issues at all, it had to do with Apple vacations, not the Bavaro Princess. They seemed very inattentive this year. Don't know why. Any questions, please feel free to ask. I'm sure we will be going back again next year to see our Dominican family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbarry02861

Dear Kbarry02861.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We would like to thank you for your loyalty with this company, for your compliments regarding the value you received during your stay with us. At the same time please accept our sincere apologies for your comment concerning staff, we will look carefully this matter. We appreciate your feedback in order to improve our quality.

We will send your greetings to our Apple concierge Freddy who will be joyful hearing news from you.

We look forward to seeing you soon in your second home. Bavaro Princess.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Bavaro Princess is the place to be . . . love this resort. Been going there for the past 9 years and look forward to my 10th visit in 2014! The hospitality is second to none. The restaurant in the resort are very good, but we usually frequen La Hispanola. Also went there in 2012 with 7 lady friends to celebrate my daughter's 40th birthday and all of them loved the place.

Room Tip: This is an all suites resort. I've stayed at the Bungalow and Junior Suites and they are just as...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Doris M.

We can not thank you enough for staying with us for the ninth time as your holiday destination. Thank you very much for your loyalty with Bavaro Princess all those years.

We really appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and restaurants, we will send your comments to our chef, he will be really joyful knowing that you enjoyed the food during your stay in our premises.

We are looking forward to welcome you in your 10th visit to Bavaro Princess, your second home in this beautiful island.