“An apple vacation gem! We will be back. ”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“An apple vacation gem! We will be back. ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a week here, and I have nothing but positive things to say about our stay. It was beautiful and cheaper than all the other inclusive resorts. This place was gigantic, so book a room close to the beach or you will have a long walk or need to take the tram everywhere. The staff was amazingly friendly, and the rooms, beaches, and pool were very well maintained. Very clean.

The room was very nice, food was good for the most part, and the beach here was bigger than all of the other resorts we saw. There were also more beach side bungalows here because the princess's beach is by far the biggest. However, if you don't get down to the pool or beach by 530-6AM, all bungalows and chairs will be taken... People wake up and throw their towels down there way too early which I thought was a little ridiculous... Not happy about that.

For some reason, this place was also almost 99% inhabited by Europeans. As an American, we were a huge minority. But it was not a problem, just an interesting observation with guys in speedos and women in thongs and nobody speaking English. Some of the women should not have been wearing bikinis...

They had over 7 restaurants as the inclusive, and we liked all but one of them. The food is a bit different than it tastes back home, but the quality was great. The buffets were loaded with good stuff, so anyone should be able to find something to eat. You can get loaded off liquor and not have to tip unless you want to. NOTE: very important that you know only 1 beer is part of the package, which is presidente. They do not serve domestic beers or any other beer than presidente, so don't be fooled by the reviews and stuff on their website.

We also did a zip line tour through apple, and that was a blast! It was a ton of fun, and you also get to take a bus through the real Dominican, which is extremely poor. Seeing the true country outside of resort life was a good experience. The zip lining was in the jungle and was a huge adrenaline rush. I would highly recommend that over the other excursions.

We spent most of our time between swimming in the ocean and drinking at the swim up bar. The local drink mama huana is dangerously good so be careful! It creeps up on you.... And they say it's a aphrodisiac, so that was a bonus.

All in all, I would absolutely return here... But would book the platinum package so l can actually drink a miller or coors light instead of presidente all week long. The people here were so friendly and this place was just awesome. But bring a thermos mug, bring SPF 50, a hat, book a room close to the beach, and bring a Bluetooth speaker for music by the pool.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hostman1
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Hostman1.

Thank you for taking your time to share your trip at Bávaro Princess.

We feel happy that you had an amazing holiday experience in our resort, your comments about staff, room, beach and all the facilities make us feel pleased, because we work day by day very hard trying to please everyone.

We offer president beer because is the most popular beer in Dominican Republic and most of our guests love the most, certainly in Platinum section we offer beers as: budweiser, miller or coors.

One more time we would like to thank for chosing us and for all the compliments.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcoming you again in your next trip to the caribbean and booking Platinum section you will be drinking imported beers.

Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa and Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,854)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I will try to hit on all the important topics but as always, feel free to contact me if you have questions, want more detail, of if I forget to mention something. Pics are avail also.
I'll start with check in. Amazingly, we were the only plane to land at the time and we wizzed right through, getting to the hotel by 11:30am. Freddy, the Apple concierge, had our group of 5 checked in within 20 mins, and our rooms were already available. We were settled by lunchtime and off to enjoy the facilities. The bungalows are beautiful but I was worried about the steps from the top level leading to the bathroom, watch those steps if they get wet... even from humidity if you happen to leave the door open in the heat! Rooms are clean and the air conditioning was cold, I have not one complaint. The buildings are close to everything, 2 mins walk from the pool and 3 mins from the beach, and that was in the middle, lol. For getting to the lobby, it was a ride on the train. Yes, it's a large complex if walking from lobby to beach, but it's a doable walk considering there is so much in between. Picture opportunities, restaurants, etc. and the tram/ train is passing ever 5-10 mins, they have 2 running at a time.
Now, the pools, very clean, cool our first 2 days, then the water warmed back up after a few days of hot sun. They had rain just before we arrived and a few 5 min downpours our first day. By the pool bar it's shallow water, there is a deeper section just before the vollyball net for others that posted to the contrary. There is another pool near the front of the complex, the one closest to the beach (with the pool bar inside the pool) was the most active. We stayed in that one. It is close to 2 bathrooms for those that use them lol. No towel games, we had shade for our group even the days we arrived after breakfast.
The beach was beautiful and clean, I would say they need more shade there. The few palapas were gone by 9am and after that, while lots of chairs were available no matter what the time, they were all in sun. Now I get up and get out to have my coffee, most days around 6am. I watched to see how long before chairs were reserved and they definitely have more than enough, no fights here! The water was pretty clear, we enjoyed it, no seaweed as previously noted, but they did have some rain earlier so all I can say is our week was perfect.
I have never had an issue with bugs or mozzies in PC, but I did have two bites on my ankle this trip... wrong place/ wrong time? who knows. But I will say that we enjoyed the little lizzards! Yes, they are there... just like on all tropical islands. Just like the many species of birds, flamingos, peacocks, and parrots. Fish and turtles, it all adds to my vacation.
Now, the Food! I stand behind my previous statements when it comes to all inclusive, cooking for the masses... it's all the same. BUT with that being said, this resort had the best tasting food that I have had in PC. There was a very good variety in my opinion as in addition to the buffets you had unlimited use of multiple a la cartes. And they were also of very good quality. Everyone in our group loved Bella Pasta. The lazagna and the Carbonara are our top pics. In Chopin we enjoyed lobsters on the grill, everyone on our table was mouthwatering. The steaks were not as good as some I've had but still tasty if you chose a nice cut. The Beachside snack bar was our fav. Again steaks, chops, or grilled chicken and kabobs.... Yummy! There's also a shack for cheesesteaks, fries, burgers, etc. All good! We had an apple party on the beach that was the best we have attended. The lobsters were perfect. One at our table was a bit mushy, she got a new one, and they were great! No limit, no charge. At The Hispaniola, Dominican night was tasty and on american night we found the best stew, lol. On Japanese night he sushi was as good as Tanuki! I found some new favorites and would not hesitate to go back to this resort for the food alone! We did not notice any influx of people arriving until the last Thursday. It's then we noticed more people in the pool during the day. The variety, quality, and quantity of food did not suffer. Of our group we had 2 complaints that first they couldn't go to the bathroom, then they went too much. One said they spent days in their room, and really is was only one night and another afternoon b/c of gas. LOL. I never heard any other complaints about the food or stomach issues here from anyone else. I want to be clear that I eat everything, always do, in moderation. Use common sense. Never had a problem. I wish I could be as conservative with my rum LOL.
The service was fine, no issues, they do whatever they can to please you. They do not complain and the always have a smile, no one can honestly say otherwise! We had no issues. We did need batteries in our safe, security was called and responded in 10 mins, I was surprised myself (keep in mind there are hundreds of people they are trying to service, they cannot be everywhere at once).
2 of the nights that we went into town we arrived back to the grounds after 2am, our casino at the main gate arranged a ride for us directly to our room.
We spent another day out with Punta Cana Mike on his Boca de Yuma tour. This was his best tour by far. I still have no idea how he packed so much into the day and never did we feel rushed, we laughed and learned, drank, ate, and laughed some more. It as a relaxing day with friends and I can't wait to see him again.
We had a few short rain showers, and a two downpours in our first 2 days, all lasting under 10 mins, one was before we even started our day. My weather on my phone said rain all week, haha! shows what they know. We all have the best island tans!
So another great trip to PC and the only complaint I really have are talking with so many people that say they were told not to venture out of the resort, or are afraid to go out on their own. This infuriates me! You are no more at risk here then you are walking the streets of your own community. We have made so many friends that we almost run out at night to meet up with them again. We shop and eat, we drink, and we live life to the fullest! This was a great property and while I like to hop around and see as many of them as I can, I can also see myself right back there.

Room Tip: Any of the buildings on the ocean side of the eco path are in walking distance to beach and pool. Tr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank CaRiBBeAnSOuLPC
Dear Trapice.

Thank you for taking your time sharing your recent experience at Bavaro Princess.

We are so grateful for your compliments. We are delighted that you spent a great time with us.

Reading your review make us feel really honored and proud of our resort, undoubtedly is a reason to keep on working hard.

We hope to have the honor to host you soon on your next trip to this beautiful island.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Danilcia Vasquez Guest service agent was great she help me with my mess up with the travel agent I used to book my vacation at the Bavaro Princess All Suite Resort, Spa & Casino. I lost my reservation confirmation number that I got from the travel agent I booked my vacation with.Danilcia help me find the company ( Funjet ) My travel agent used to book my room and shuttle transportation to and from the airport. Danilcia also help me with any questions I had and was on top of her game with all the amenities the Hotel had to offer. Over all the service and the staff was great alone with the staff the food, the beach, the pool and shows were all great.

Larry Holland

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Larry H
Dear Larry H.

Thank you for posting a review of your holiday experience at Bavaro Princess.

We appreciate your feedback as well as we feel happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities. we will send your gratitude to our staff member Danilcia. it is good to know that she was able to assist you.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

we had a great time at Bavaro Princess. The weather was great when we were there and rained daily just right after we left. I have heard that May is the starting of rainy season in Punta Cana so we were blessed with the weather. This hotel is not build as several large buildings but constructed as block of houses spread throughout the resort. Each block only has 4 rooms and 2 levels. I like this structure.

6 a la carte and 2 buffets restaurants so we have sufficient choices for a week vacation. The food is 7/10 in my opinion. They have a small booth near the beach open in between hours with very good french fries, hamburgers, and sandwiches. I find the food in this booth taste better than most Canadian fast food restaurant so 9/10.

Drink is 3/10. Everything is too sweet. Only coco loco taste good. Beer and coffee taste good.

Our room has a Jacuzzi, I use it to wash my baby daily. Great for small kid. Doesn't need to bring a basin. Room is good size but a bit dusty. Jacuzzi faucet has vivid calcium stain. My friend rating is 5/10, I am not so picky so 7/10.

Staffs are generally all good. Most of them are happy to serve even without tips. Only a few expected it. Reception staffs English is enough to communicate with you. Cleaning and other staffs speak very little English so sometime you need to use body language. However, we have no problem.

Beach and location of this place is 10/10. No complain on this. Beautiful beach and great location. We were placed near everything so we hardly use the shuttle bus in the resort to go around. If you are placed near the reception then it is about 10-15 minutes walk to the beach.

They have animals walking around the resort which I like. The resort is quite clean, the have a team of staffs walking around to clean the place and pick up waste.

Overall, I like this resort. I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: choose room in section 4,5, and 6. Near everything. Don't choose room near the lobby, which is f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Bibiboom.

Thank you for taking part of your time sharing your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We are so glad that the weather cooperate with you during your vacation. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the food, the friendliness of the staff and ceratinly we agree with you our beach is one of the most beautiful in this area and we proud of it.

Concerning the language barrier we apologize once more if you could not have an effective communication with one or some staff members, it is important to let you know that we have languages courses in our property to improve this important point, always looking for satisfaction of guests.

Thank you very much one more time for choosing us as your tourist destination and for all the compliments.

We look forward to seeing very soon on your next trip to Dominican Republic.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Awesome is truly an under statement for the Bavaro Princess guys....they are just weaving the magic over there with a very efficient staff....especially at Platinum lounge, beachside BBQ restaurant, El Gaucho, or any other specialty restaurant....you name it........be there once and you'll always wanna go back to them....after all who would want to take chance on the quality of stay, food, enjoyment and good camaraderie....we won't.....Ronald Ramirez, Margarita, Wendy, Francisco, Francis, Richard.....awesome guys....keep up the good work...

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Renuka S
Dear Renuka S.

Thank you very much for your lovely review of your vacation at Bavaro Princess.

We can not thank enough for your amazing comments regarding our staff, facilities and Platinum service as well. We feel very happy that you spent a different and relaxing time in our premises. It is our main goal and we realized in your review that we are going on the right way.

We will send your gratitude to all our staff member, thank for mentioning on tripadvisor, how friendly they were during your vacation. Undoubtedly they will be happy reading your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

First off, Bavaro Beach was awesome, much better than I anticipated. I have been to many beaches in my lifetime and it was probably the best beach I've ever been to in terms of beauty- perfect white sand, turquoise water, no rocks or shells anywhere to walk over. Better than Hawaii and Cancun. Now for the Resort. The Princess All Suites Resort, Casino, and Spa is a great resort. We went with a group of 8 for a week at the end of April and it was perfect for us. The rooms (platinum) are great, the service was exceptional, and everyone there was friendly. Platinum is definitely a perk. There is a platinum lounge near the platinum suites toward the Beach/Main Pool side of the resort. Annie took great care of us at the lounge...thank you Annie. The platinum suites are outstanding. Also the platinum area on the beach offers nice comfortable beds rather than just loungers and chairs, but reserve them early. I suggest also adding more than a towel to reserve your chair. Add a book, shoes, or some other personal item. Twice we had reserved beds with towels only to find later someone just took them over saying there were no towels on them. Within minutes of checking in we were able to book a different specialty restaurant each night of the week. We had some differing opinions on the food which is to be expected with 8 people. People who did not prefer seafood did not like the seafood restaurant, etc. All to be expected. Personally, I eat about everything and consider myself a foodie, and I thought the food was better than I expected it would be. The main pool and swim-up bar were perfect for a hot afternoon cocktail after being at the beach all morning. And unlike some of pools in Cancun there was no ugly film on the water near the bar in the afternoon from spilled drinks and sunscreen. The casino is small but nice if you're into that, but don't waste your time with the disco. It is creepy and no one goes there. The entertainment in the Lobby area of the resort was OK for something to do at night. Another perk for platinum members is that you can visit and arrange for free transportation to any other Princess resort. We tried that one night and booked a dinner reservation at the Rio Grande restaurant at the sister Punta Cana Princess resort. It turned out to be the only bad experience we had. For the most part, the pants only rule in the specialty restaurants is waived with the exception of the Licey restaurant. Our platinum staff even told us that Bermuda shorts are fine. Well, when we went to the Rio Grande we were first intercepted by the vultures everywhere trying to sell you stuff. They really need to get rid of these folks. Thankfully, there was none of this at the classier Bavaro Princess All Suites. Once we got to the restaurant door we were informed that we could not get in without pants on. That presented a problem in that our arranged transportation dropped us off and left and was not coming back for three hours. After not getting anywhere discussing the situation with the hostess, although she was very pleasant, I asked to speak to the manager. This woman wanted nothing to do with us. She was immediately shaking her head no, and would not even hear us out. The hostess finally figured out a solution for us. We could sit outside at the neighboring buffet, and she would have us served off the Rio Grande restaurant menu. A perfect solution. Thank you for coming up with that. As far as the manager, she has no customer service skills whatsoever, and should not be in that role. She was the only unpleasant person I met the entire time at the Princess resorts. I could probably go on and on about the All Suites resort, but it truly went above and beyond my expectations. My one suggestion to all travelers is TIP. The staff at these resorts work their butts off to ensure you are having a good time, and they are not compensated well. Housekeeping does an amazing job. Their daily cleaning routine includes sweeping and mopping your entire room and balcony to ensure there is no sand on the floors. For God sake Princess, buy them some mop buckets with ringers. I watched as they have to ring their mops by hand. If you like your clean room or enjoy the service you're getting, send a nice tip their way. By the way, if you want something extra in your minibar such as more than two beers a day, leave a note with a few bucks. "Mas Cerveza Por Favor." You cannot go wrong at this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelingDan82
Dear TravelingDan82.

We truly appreciate your time to post a review of your experience at Bavaro Princess.

As we mentioned in another reviews our resort have one of the most privileged beaches not only for its beauty but its quietness due to the barrier reef. It is good to know that you enjoyed our beach, we are proud of it. we totally agree with you.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Platinum suites as well as the friendly staff and all the amenities we offered. At the same time we do apologize for the incovenience you had in one of our hotels, we are commited to the comfort of our guests so please accept our apologies once more. we will pass your comments to the management of punta cana princess hotel. thank you for your comprehension.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us when you return to the caribbean, we will have “mas cerveza” waiting for you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We returned one week ago from Bavaro Princess. The last time we were here was 8 years ago and it is still beautiful. The grounds are so lush and well kept. There have been some nice changes since our last visit -- that being that the suites have been updated beautifully. Instead of walking down a small hallway and stairs from the bedroom area to get to the washroom, it is now on its own. This is nice if you have a 3rd person in the room, they don't have to access the washroom from the bedroom area. Also, the mattresses and sheets are much better now.

Another change is the big restaurant by the beach. It used to have a beautiful, huge thatched roof with an open buffet and bar where you could pour your own beer from a spout. Now it is a shingled roof with closed restaurants inside and a buffet area. The furniture in the lobby has been changed as well.

The food at this hotel is VERY good with an amazing selection of fruit, pasta, soups, breads, cheese, vegetables, desserts, a chocolate fountain, grilled meats, pizza. One night they were making sushi at a station. It was so good. Anyone who complains about the food is searching for something to complain about or they must think they eat like Kings and Queens at home if this does not satisfy them. You can't make reservations at the restaurants and yes, you do have
to wait quite awhile if you really want to go to a specific one, but if you don't want to just continue on to the buffet. Remember, you have to wait for a table in Canada as well.

Some people want to complain about bugs, etc. We had a cockroach on our door one night and it probably would have gone in the room if I hadn't have seen it. But we have bugs in Canada as well. Not a big deal.

This is a large resort but if you are able bodied why not enjoy the walk? Try a different way each time, there is so much beauty to look at and so many people working hard to keep it that way.

There are sometimes leaves and organic things floating in the pool but they work hard to keep it clean. There is some seaweed on the beach but that is certainly not the focus when you have beautiful sand, water and scenery to look at.

We can't say anything bad about this resort, it is beautiful! If I were to look for something negative, it would be the vendors at the market in the square by the lobby the one night per week.
The are very aggressive and pushy. This is a turnoff and makes people not want to buy anything or even wander around. Also, we walked about 20 minutes down the beach to the market where it will lead to a street in town. This was not a good experience. Here they were even more aggressive and we did not feel safe at all. Dominican is different than Cuba in that aspect.

If you have a door that adjoins to another room but you don't know the people next door (not using it as a joint room) it is very loud, you can hear them talking and hear the television.

This is a great resort to choose, great food, great suites, beautiful big balconies, everyone works constantly to keep everything clean and to serve you. It has an amazing deep beach which is close to the pool and bar areas. Generally it is windy at the beach area with alot of waves. A calm day seems to be rare. We have been in December, January and May and found this during those times.

Room Tip: If you don't like alot of wind, but want to be close to the beach, ask for a room abit back from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lovethebeachsand
Dear Lovethebeachsand.

Thank you for taking your time to share your trip at Bavaro Princess.

It has been a long time since you were here and it is a pleasure to know that you returned here and still found our resort amazing. We are glad that you realized our renovations because we are always looking for the satisfaction of all our guests. Thank you very much for mentioning.

One more time we would like to thank you not only for having chosen our resort to spend your holidays but also for all the compliments regarding staff, service and facilities and especially for your loyalty with Princess Hotels. Impossible not to be happy reading this lovely review.

We look forward to welcome you one more time on your next trip to the caribbean.