We booked a week here, and I have nothing but positive things to say about our stay. It was beautiful and cheaper than all the other inclusive resorts. This place was gigantic, so book a room close to the beach or you will have a long walk or need to take the tram everywhere. The staff was amazingly friendly, and the rooms, beaches, and pool were very well maintained. Very clean.
The room was very nice, food was good for the most part, and the beach here was bigger than all of the other resorts we saw. There were also more beach side bungalows here because the princess's beach is by far the biggest. However, if you don't get down to the pool or beach by 530-6AM, all bungalows and chairs will be taken... People wake up and throw their towels down there way too early which I thought was a little ridiculous... Not happy about that.
For some reason, this place was also almost 99% inhabited by Europeans. As an American, we were a huge minority. But it was not a problem, just an interesting observation with guys in speedos and women in thongs and nobody speaking English. Some of the women should not have been wearing bikinis...
They had over 7 restaurants as the inclusive, and we liked all but one of them. The food is a bit different than it tastes back home, but the quality was great. The buffets were loaded with good stuff, so anyone should be able to find something to eat. You can get loaded off liquor and not have to tip unless you want to. NOTE: very important that you know only 1 beer is part of the package, which is presidente. They do not serve domestic beers or any other beer than presidente, so don't be fooled by the reviews and stuff on their website.
We also did a zip line tour through apple, and that was a blast! It was a ton of fun, and you also get to take a bus through the real Dominican, which is extremely poor. Seeing the true country outside of resort life was a good experience. The zip lining was in the jungle and was a huge adrenaline rush. I would highly recommend that over the other excursions.
We spent most of our time between swimming in the ocean and drinking at the swim up bar. The local drink mama huana is dangerously good so be careful! It creeps up on you.... And they say it's a aphrodisiac, so that was a bonus.
All in all, I would absolutely return here... But would book the platinum package so l can actually drink a miller or coors light instead of presidente all week long. The people here were so friendly and this place was just awesome. But bring a thermos mug, bring SPF 50, a hat, book a room close to the beach, and bring a Bluetooth speaker for music by the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana