First off, let me start off by saying my favorite part of my stay was dealing with Julian & Julio (bartenders next to the McPrincess) and James Bond, Oresto, Juan Carlos & Andra (Entertainment staff) and the beach! They were excellent! Always kept a smile on their faces, very attentive and the entertainment staff was always getting guests to participate in various activities. I can say nothing bad about those specific individuals... They were AWESOME! Now to the particulars...
We had originally booked to stay at the Princess All Suites (Adult Only) Resort. Upon our arrival, we were informed we had been "upgraded" to platinum at the Bavaro Princess (where we ended up staying). The upgrades sounded nice... private check-in, free Wi-Fi, platinum lounge, private area on beach, free 20 min massage (**apparently you have to be there for 4 nights to enjoy that perk). But everything that glitters isn't gold! We assumed they "upgraded" us because they overbooked at the other resort. For it to be an upgrade, I was not even impressed. There was nothing special about platinum...except we had Wi-Fi in the lounge (not even in the rooms) and we were a close walk to the beach. We never even used the "platinum" section on the beach because it wasn't that private...it was just roped off. There was no separate transportation from the rest of the resort, so we had to ride the tram to anywhere on the resort with everyone else and had to stop at each stop. Not that big of a deal though. When we got to our room, it was so hot.. the AC wasn't working. We left to go to the beach (after complaining) and it was still not working. There were 3 of us in the room...but we did not have enough towels. It took at least 5 hours to bring extra towels. I was not impressed with the food at the grill, buffet or restaurants. It was bland, not very many tasty options or variety. I would have loved to have the option to eat Latin food (the day they had the Dominican Buffet, we were leaving, so we missed out)...but you would think that they would have a restaurant or grill area that served Latin food on a daily basis.
The room was nice and very clean - kudos to housekeeping! The bed was comfortable as well. I'm sure I could go on, but to sum it up... the only reason I would go back to that resort is to visit Julian, Julio, Juan Carlos, James Bond, Oresto and Andra!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana