“Great service from staff!”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great service from staff!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my third time to Punta Cana. I was at the Barvaro Princess July 26th to August 2nd. I really enjoyed the resort. I found the service from the staff exceptional from Jessica from housekeeping to Danicia and Jonathan at the front desk, to Octavio and everyone at the restaurants, and Roberto who drove the trolley. It was also great to have a Jacuzzi tub in the room. The beach was gorgeous and we always managed to find a lounge chair with umbrella even arriving at the beach around 10-11am. There is a disco hidden in the casino which I don't think many people knew about, as it was very quite every night. I was disappointed with the evening shows, and thought the trolley could use one more cart as it was often full and we would have to wait for the next trolley. I thought this resort was good value for what we paid. It was a 5 minute cab ride costing $10 to Club Mangue, and 10 minute ride to Club Jewel for $20.

Room Tip: It would be preferable to get a room close to the lobby or the beach. I prefer being close to the b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Heli L
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Heli L.

Thanks for your gift of feedback of your recent trip at Bavaro Princess.

It is wonderful to read that our staff members have left you a pleasant memory during your vacation with us. We are very proud of our team work since they work hardly to make every guest feel a special time. We feel happy to know that you loved the Jacuzzi in the room as well as the beach which is considered as one of the most beautiful beaches of this area.

It is not good to read that you not enjoyed our nightly shows; your comments will be passed onto our entertainment manager who will do as much as he can to offer a better service. Thank you for your helpful advices in order to can offer a better service in a near future.

We are looking forward to see soon in our next trip to Punta Cana.

Cordial greetings,

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa and Casino.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,852)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Oromocto, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We traveled in RD for 10 days with WestJet and it was a success.

Pool not too crowded, buffet and restaurant always well cooked and large variety. No need to book at restore, always seats available.

Great rooms with efficient A/C even on July.

Great service by front desk, waitresses, barmen and room service workerbees with smiles/hola always included.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have A/C units more efficient. Ask for rooms between beach and buffet... It facil...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear 543Jean_R,
Thank you for sharing a review of your trip at the Bávaro Princess Hotel.
We are appreciate your compliments about the great service you received from the front desk, waitresses, barmen and the room service. Also we are glad to read that you enjoy our gastronomy.
We are counting with another visit of you, soon.
Best regards,
Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa and Casino
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The beach was BEAUTIFUL! The pools were nice. Our room was very nice. Our maid (Fatima), kept our room in great shape with some really nice touches, like fresh flowers, Our room was right next to the small pool. The pool could be noisy, but our room had very good sound proofing, so it was not a problem. Our only real concern was food service. We had our best experiences at the more casual buffet restaurants, particularly Hispaniola, which is Dominican themed, We had disappointing meals at Tanuki (Japanese) and at El Pescadora (sea food), and very poor service at both. We enjoyed Bella Pasta. We enjoyed our one excursion to Saona Island. We used the laundry service which cost extra with no problems. They could add more signs to make the nature trail more educational.

Room Tip: We were not expecting a jetted tub in our room. It took a long time to fill, but we enjoyed it! Ou...
1 Thank Martha G
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Martha G.

Thank you for your comments of your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We are happy to read that you loved your suite and our beach which is one of the best in this area also is nice to read that our staff member Fatima did everything in order to make you feel comfortable during your holiday; however your stay was not entirely satisfactory.

We are sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with our food service, Your comments will be pass onto our executive chef Manuel Medina who will take some corrective actions in order not to do the same again. Thank you very much for helping us becomes better.

Your trust and your satisfaction are our priority; we look forward to serve you better on your next trip to Bavaro Princess.

Honestly,

Toronto, ON
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I just returned from the Bavaro Princess yesterday after a week stay. It was my first visit to the Dominican Republic - most of my other all-inclusive stays have been in Cuba at various resorts, ranging from 3.5* to 5*.

Overall I had a good vacation. The resort is located on a beautiful stretch of beach and has plenty of chairs and umbrellas - even though the resort was quite busy, there were always some available. Despite how how the weather was, the water was pleasantly cool, but not too cold.

The resort itself has many great attributes, but there are some things to be wary of...

FOOD

Lots of great a la carte options (make sure to check out the Teppanyaki place, very fun experience!) and the main buffet (La Hispaniola) had a delicious and diverse range that far exceeded anything I've had in a Cuban 5*. Only caveat here - less seafood options. No "lobster" night or anything of the sort - for that you have to pay extra.

ROOMS

A/C is weak in the rooms, and the fan is noisy. You'll find a little separation between the door and doorframe, meaning mosquitoes always seemed to get in. The water in the bathroom is not drinkable so make sure to wash your teeth with bottled water! The bed (we had king) was a bit on the stiff side, and the pillows were small. I did not have the best sleep of my life in it. The resort is HUGE so it pays to have a room close to the beach if that's where you'll be most often during your vacation.

TRANSPORTATION IN THE RESORT

The resort is so big that you will probably want to take the 'bus' that runs every so often around the resort between the beach and the lobby, with a few stops in between. They're basically modified / extended golf carts. They are a little bumpy and I've heard of accidents when the cart goes a bit fast around a corner, so be careful. The most annoying part of our stay was catching these carts... with so many people staying at the resort, the cart would often be full, or there would be too many people waiting to get on - causing people to climb over each other to get in. They definitely need a better way to organize this.

ENTERTAINMENT

Sucked. None of the shows stood out to me as can't-miss. One day a week they have an artisanal bazaar with many artists offering locally made goods. They are very aggressive and will highball you - my father in law was offered a necklace initially at $120 US, which was bartered down to $20. Bring your negotiating hat and play hardball. There is a casino not very far from the lobby which was a fun distraction.

WIFI

Sucked. It was spotty in the lobby, and sometimes hard to connect to - I imagine this is because of the number of people trying to log on. The only other spot to get wifi is the Cafe Del Mar by the beach, however you have to pay to eat/drink there. I hear you can pay for wifi in your own room, but not sure what that costs or how it is.

SERVICE

I was quite happy with service. A little tip goes a long way towards getting staff to give you a little extra care. That said, it didn't hurt that I knew some Spanish. There were many staff that didn't know English, and didn't seem to care that they didn't - they'd keep repeating things in Spanish. A few times, I stepped in to help other guests who just couldn't get their points across. This was a very different experience from Cuba, where they seemingly went out of their way to speak English with you. Something I did enjoy was the waiter service pool and beach-side. Very convenient!

FAMILY

The resort seems very family oriented. I saw kids and teens of all ages with their families, and it seemed they were having a fun time. One annoyance is that smoking is allowed everywhere including restaurants, so if you're a non-smoker, you may find it hard to hang out in the lobby or the restaurant by the beach, for example.

PLATINUM

I didn't stay in the platinum area - just regular. Platinum has a special section of the beach with nicer chairs, but it's not a huge area. Their rooms are also closer to the beach, but there are plenty of regular rooms that are close as well. You may get some extra drink options but I was pretty happy with the regular selection. One benefit I missed is the ability to reserve at a la carte restaurants, while everyone else just shows up and hopes for the best - though generally I didn't have any issues here.

OVERALL

I enjoyed my stay but would likely opt for a smaller resort in the future, to avoid the cart experience and to perhaps feel more personal service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach. If you're on the route of the 'cart' try to get a room o...
3 Thank lespanman
Dear Lespanman.

We appreciate your feedback posting your comments of your holiday at Bavaro Princess.

It is an honor to be chosen as your tourist destination in your first time to Dominican Republic, thank you for all the accolades concerning our hotel facilities.

At the same time we would like to express our most sincere apologies for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay with us; we take every comment seriously in order to continue improving our service and quality. Thank you one more time for helping us to offer a better service.

It is very sad to read that you are planning to choose another resort that is why we would like to have another opportunity to make you feel better than home from the very start. You will not regret.

Kind regards,

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have read numerous reviews that were not so good which made me very nervous about my family vacation from 7/26/14-8/2/14. When we arrived we were greeted by Freddy who was amazing with welcome drinks. He went above and beyond for my family and I. Our room was beautiful and perfect location(345). It was decorated with balloons which the kids loved cupcakes were delivered along with fruit and chocolates. The food at this resort was way better than I had expected. I would reccomend this resort to anyone with kids. The staff was all friendly esp Chocolate! He really does an awesome job with his entertaining. Very friendly and truly loves his job. My only complaint about this resort was my brother in law has left 2 pairs of shoes on the patio which were stollen. Advise you not to leave any belongings on the patio. Our last day there a lot of locals were there. They are very rude but not the resorts fault. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest604.

We appreciate the time you take to post a review of your trip at Bavaro Princess.

We are really happy to read your review and we would like to thank you for all the compliments regarding our hotel facilities. It is wonderful to know that you are planning to come back, we will transmit your gratitude to our staff member Freddy; he will be happy to know that you enjoyed your time in our hotel.

On the other hand we extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience with the shoes; however as you mentioned before it is really important not to leave any belongings on the patio. Thank you for your advice to other readers.

We look forward to seeing you very soon on your next holiday in Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a huge hotel with many different buildings. Only two are on the beach. Nice beach, good food. Nice cluster of bars across the street. Get to know the staff they can be very helpful. Many good actives. Casino just outside of front gate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gladden W.

Thank you for your feedback posting a review of your vacation at Bavaro Princess.

It is wonderful to read your lovely review, short but concise in the meaning that you truly loved how we made felt during your stay. Thank you one more time for mentioning.

We hope to see you very soon on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Honestly,

Minooka
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous beach, Spectacular grounds with exotic birds, Very clean resort, Polite & Helpful staff. Would definitely advise anyone who stays here to upgrade to Platinum as we were treated Wonderfully and had a lovely suite very close to the beach. Platinum package comes with one night of dining at their gourmet restaurant 'Licey', a free 20 minute massage & small box of Dominican cigars.
Don't miss the Thursday night market in the resorts main lobby if you are looking for great deals on souvenirs including larimar and amber, paintings, coconut and wood art, liquor & cigars.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jbarloga
Dear Jbarloga.

Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent trip at Bavaro Princess.

We would like to thank you not only for having chosen our resort as your holiday destination but also for all the accolades regarding staff, amenities and service as well.

It is great to read that you loved your Platinum suite and all the amenities we have to offer; what a wonderful review and that is one of the reasons we are proud of our food, staff and service.

Thank you for your time to share your experience in our hotel with other readers.We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to this fantastic island.

Kindest regards,