Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
US$639
Iberostar.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$375
US$255
US$907
Bookit.com
Great 4.5/5
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$210
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$344
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$462
TripAdvisor
US$484
US$463
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
11,464 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberel pescadormain lobbylobby buffeta la carte restaurantsthe lion kinganimation teamseafooddominican republicsteakmake reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We are just back from a trip to BPAS, from oct 29-nov5, for some reason i dont't remember why, but i thought the resort was rated 9/95. So if i had noticed it was 45out of 95 we would hve not gone but are happy we did.The resort is nice overall but in need of of upgrade, coat of paint and new display and decor but it's still very ok.We travel 3x a year from Canada and usualy 4or5 stars, the resort is well rated. We did not go there expecting the Ritz in Montreal, you are in DR. The food was allright, but repeted. Plenty of chairs on beach or pool. The entertainment staff is probably the best we've seen, not too pusshy, yes there are plenty of sellers on the beach, but just a no thank you, or ,No Gracias will do. We are french Canadian and when we arrived at the resort around noon, we we're Promptly greated 1-2 min by Jean Remy, a very nice Haitian man who heard us talk in french so talked to us in french, he didn<t have our reservation but we explained that we reserved the day before, the asked for a nice room, he teased us by saying we had a room with 2 single beds, but to our satisfaction when we arrived a the room we had a nice room with king bed and a double jacuzzi in the room, he even callled us around 4 to verify if we we<re happy about the room, and we were. We then met Miguel the Manager at the Trapiche, explined to him we didn<t have reservation for supper, then said to me No problem come see me at 8:30 for supper at the steak house, and at 8;30 we we<re greated to our table and the food at the steak house is very good. We went back during the week and the same services we<re given to us.
I must say we usually choose our vacation on the fact that there is a niteclub available, and 24hrs service available, and this was lacking, Please inquire for the right time of opening of where you want to go, no schedule is the same nowhere. We had a problem with the shower head one nite and told our maid, not expecting to be fixed because i thought it was major, well to my surpised came cack the next day with a repaired shower head.Wow.
So overall it was very good, would i go back, probably not because we like to change and visit diferent places unless they did an overall remake.
For those of you who are or who we<re expecting expecting roses petal on the bed everyday, well stay home and Bit.... to yourself.
We paid 800$ for plane, hotel,food,boose,taxes, service, all unlimited, that about 110$ a day, sometime we spend 500$ or more for one day in Montreal so way worth it.

I think the best is overall the staff, if you treat people well they will generally treat you well, and do yourself a favor learn a littele Spanish

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We were a group of over 10 people travelling with Sunwing... Sunwing is decent, crappy early online check in but aside from that the flights to and from Punta Cana were fine. Got to Bavaro Princess late and it took some time to check in, even though we weren't alot of people (Platinum Rooms get express check in, takes about 8 min.). The resort is huge, at first it is a little overwhelming but soon you get used to it. It allowed up to 15 people to spend a vacation together without being in each other's faces all day and night. The trolleys give you transport to and from the resort until about 2am but walking is good to digest all those hour long meals. The beach is amazing, sand is nearly white, you can spend an hour in the water without getting cold, and there are nice waves (fun, not to surf). The peddlers were ok, a firm no and they leave you alone. Be mindful, the original price you get in alot of the 'out of resort' stores are inflated and you should purchase the items at about 30% of the original rate. Negotiate. A La Carte food at Gaucho is great, try the Argentinean Steak. Didn't try the others as I was incredibly busy. 5 Stars for the Buffet, as good as a Buffet can be. In this resort there are 2 Buffets at lunch time, one for dinner. The employees keep this huge resort spotless, no garbage found anywhere but in the bins. Gardens beautiful and well maintained. If you want to get married there, do so in the Gazebo, and be laid back - it won't be super organized - but you will enjoy it. Clubbing in Punta Cana is lame but fun if you are not looking for a Miami style club. There are plenty of 'working girls' at the clubs, they don't bother the guys unless you ask (no hussling otherwise) and the guys work hard to make a tourist girl smile (say you are married, they walk away - ok to say yes ;)). My room was spacious, a junior suite (basic) has a double bed ( or two twins) a couch bed, single couch and a nice varanda... the cleaners are fantastic, modern washroom... second floor is better. Platinum rooms are worth the extra price, you get nice frills but the junior is just fine. Again, the employees are great, usually with a smile and always ready to assist you, except for one, but I guess 8 girls on the other end of the bar could distract the best of bartenders, lol. Another great thing about this resort is that there is a mix of North Americans, South Americans and Europeans. I already know enough people in Toronto, don't need to meet another 500... Bavaro Princess is great for families (didn't see many children but there is a kid's club), great for couples and singles can always find something to do... but really, if you want to relax at the beach or pool, enjoy the shows ,always have something to eat (drink, if you wish), with great weather in a resort that has North American style of organization, this is the place. About people getting sick, well, over eating and drinking more than usual in a new environment will do that, had a day under the weather but nothing dampened the vacation. About tipping, well, not one person asked me for a tip, but like anywhere in the world - there is a little extra jump when you tip them. Service was never slow and you get a smile whether you give a tip or not. Outside the resort, people are more demanding, but it is a very poor country.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Days9
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This hotel should be rated 5 star as our rooms were amazing service was great food was excellent and the people were extremely friendly at all times. 6 of us went and it was the best 7 days eat drink and be happy and if your looking for 5 star quality at a 4 star price this is your resort...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Just back from the Bavaro Princess (October 25-November 1) for the second time this year. Please feel free to message me for more details.

My best friend and I travelled to the Bavaro Princess for one week, and we stayed in the Platinum section of the hotel (building 78). We were steps from the beach and from the Platinum lounge, which was pleasantly convenient. Keep in mind, this is a huge resort with newly renovated rooms. The rooms towards the front of the resort are currently being renovated so be patient. Our room had just been renovated within the last month and though we were missing some extras (electronic safe, chest of drawers and padded lounge chairs on the patio), this wasn't a sore spot on our trip. We made do with what we had and we were happy.

Cleanliness - We had three visits each day from housekeeping. In the morning for a complete clean through. In the evening for turn down service and then again at night (around 9pm) for fresh towels. Our maids always left us beautiful towel sculptures with flowers throughout the room and bath. And there was never any sand present on our floors, they did a great job of cleaning. Yes, we left gifts (candles, perfumed body lotion, candy, souvenirs) but we never left any monetary gifts until our last night. We were well-looked after, and never felt that our belongings were rifled through at any time.

Room - You can book a renovated room without going Platinum. The advantages of Platinum are that you get express check-in and check-out, free internet (30 minutes per day but no one was counting), exclusive use of the Platinum lounge with drinks, food and comfy seating with a flat screen TV.). You also have use of the Platinum section on the beach, which if you're one for relaxing on the beach, then the comfy beds they have available is sure worth it! There is also the Platinum beach bar, small but sufficient where you can get drinks and change your towel (instead of taking the walk to the main pool and beach bar). Another perk of Platinum is that our dinner at the gourmet restaurant, Licey, was included, as well as a 20 minute massage at the spa. It is definitely worth the extra, but booking a renovated room would suffice.

Beach - Breathtaking! The beach was always clean, busy but enjoyable. We never had a problem with obtaining a beach chair in the Platinum or regular sections. The waves this time of year are pretty strong with a strong undercurrent so not ideal for young or inexperienced swimmers. I was here in February with young children, the beach was much more child friendly then.

Food - I am pretty fussy about food, with some allergies and food restrictions. I always had something to eat, usually rice with fish or chicken. And there was always veggies and fresh fruit. I didn't go hungry. Keep in mind, this is not going to be 5 star food quality according to Canadian standards. They do their best to satisfy everyone. We mostly ate breakfast at the main buffet, La Hispaniola and lunch was usually at the beach buffet. We also tried some of the a la carte restaurants. The seafood (La Pescador) and the Argentinean Steakhouse (La Gaucho) were very good. The other pro about Platinum is that you can book all of your a la cartes at one time at the lounge. Otherwise you'll find yourself waking up at 7am each morning to try and score a reservation for that night or the next.

Service - I cannot speak more highly of the service we received. All the staff were friendly, and some went out of their way to ensure that we were satisfied throughout our stay. We rarely tipped with money. I gave out souvenirs instead to all staff (pencils, pens, candy etc.) and they seemed quite content with this. One night we forgot our key and had no problem obtaining a new one (without extra cost) at the front desk. Of course a few days later it didn't work, but the maid let me into our room so this was not an issue for us. Yes, English speaking staff is a rarity at this hotel, but you're in a Spanish speaking country. Show a little bit of interest and learn a bit of Spanish. I found that sharing in their culture made them welcome us a bit more easily. Or just walk with a Spanish-English dictionary. Also, the staff are all expected to complete English, French and Russian classes so be easy on them. While they have to learn 3 other languages, we should take pride in learning just one other. The other thing to note is that many of the workers work strenuous hours (12-15 hours days, 9 or 10 days in a row) and they also have families to support. They make very little and don't have much, but they are happy. Of course you may come across the lonely staff who despises their job but just turn your shoulder because you'll most likely find 10 others more than willing to smile with you.

I guess if you want to know more, please feel free to message me. I am already planning my third trip to the Bavaro Princess for March.

Animation Team - They were ever present but we didn't socialize with them too much until the last night on Halloween. They do spectacular shows and work really hard at rehearsing. If you have a chance to check out their Lion King Production, don't miss it - you will be pleasantly surprised! They did a montage of Halloween themes (well sort of) songs including a montage from Phantom of the Opera and Thriller - just amazing!

Weather - While we were there, it rained a few times, but never for hours at a time. Usually at night when we were dressing for dinner or just after. There weren't many bugs bothering my friend but I definitely got my fair share of mosquito bites. Then again, I never used repellent so, my fault.

We did venture off the resort a few times. Once was to this amazing club in a cave called Imagine. I believe that it's a $16-17 US ride. It's completely safe, as there are about 80% foreigners who frequent the club. We also visited the public beach which was nice because it was surprisingly not busy. If you want to go shopping, venture away from the shops at the front of the resort. Just a short walk away you'll find a hidden gem of a market where you're sure to find some good deals.

If you want to know more, please feel free to message me. I am already planning my next trip to the Bavaro Princess in March.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank deeberz
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I was surprised by all the Resort, specially by the service. The employees were very sympathetic no matter the fact they earn only 300$/month and they work all day long for "rich people". If you go there with a package, there is something good that you can do for those who work on the resort. You're allow to drink everything you want for free...so, what we did, we took some beers or water for them..you know.. they work hard everyday for no much money... don't give them cash .. just something to drink etc... Anyways, you can do it if you want... but you'll probably have a lots of "friends"... and they will do everything for you for $...

The room was so nice !! There was a mix of african and greece style. However, I strongly suggest you to verify your room specially your bed in term to check if there are some bedbugs...........Becarefull with that because you can bring them back to your home and contaminate all your house...

The food was very good. There were a lot of varieties every day (buffet). One day might be french food... the other would be mexican, etc. You're allow to eat in 7 different restaurants ( Chinese, Sea-food, french, japanese, international, italian and Buffet ) for free but don't forget to reserve and for all men, bring long pants...you're not allow to wear shorts... women is ok ...no problem with skirt..shorts..etc.....

The beach was SO beautiful ... God! The sand was extremely white... so silky... Don't forget your sunscreen!! You can buy some at the Lobbey... but it will cost you 25$.....

You can do a lot of activity... personally, I don't really appreciate the one calls "Sunny Day"... nothing very special .. we just floating near to the beach.... the snorkeling was so so... there weren't many fishes because the ocean was too turbulent... anyways! is opt to you, but for that, it costs 89$/person..... it didn't worth it....

Generally speaking, A-1 for this Resort!! I strongly recommend this to everyone who wants to take good time...relaxing ... forgetting temporally their routine :)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple