My Partner and I just returned for a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana in the Bravaro Princess. We were happy to have read reviews on tripadvisor before leaving and we upgraded to the Platinum Suites. That is a very wise decision.
We booked through sell off vacations and the agent, Jay, was fabulous. We did the roulette and were happy with the end result. The resort was gorgeous.
Although Platinum advertises a private check in and check out, unfortunately with our late arrival and late departure, we didn't get that option. It closes at 11 pm, but the use of the private lounge and the guest services at the Platinum club made our stay very, very enjoyable. We booked all our a la cartes through that desk and made use of the option to go to one of the other 3 resorts for dinner one evening. We went to the fondue restaurant at Caribe Princess and loved it.
Restaurants: We ate at the Steakhouse, Seafood, Bella Pasta (Italian), Gourmet, Le Licey, and the Japanese restaurant where they cook right infront of you. We have to say every one of our dinners were fabulous except for the Seafood dinner. That was disappointing, but one of the best things about staying at an all inclusive is that there is always the buffet which I would be more than shocked if you couldn't find something you would like and many things are prepared completely to your description. From omelettes in the morning to fresh pasta and create your own sauces, to poutine or pizza for those who stay away from the theme dinners.
The room met our complete satisfaction. It was fully stocked with everyting promised and was very clean. Only problem was the little lizard who snuck in before we arrived, but we shooed him out pretty quickly.
One other problem upon our leaving the hotel is that we booked our luggage to be picked up an hour before the bus was coming for us. We called again as no one came (actually 3 more times) and still no one to pick it up. We ended up dragging it back to the lobby ourselves on the trolly. Luckily at that time of night, the trolley wasn't too busy.
The entertainment was fabulous! We were so impressed with the Lion King rendition. It was spectacular.
I took advantage of the spa and had 2 massages and my partner had one, too. We both were happy with that service as well.
The Casino...well, your opinion on that would probably be based on if you won or lost. We lost, so we will leave it at that.
Excursions: We did the Boogie Punta Cana (go-carts/dune buggy machines driven around to see the local sites such as Macao Beach - spectacular, a banana, cocao and coffee plantation, and a cave stop and shop. We are going back to Punta Cana in February and wouldn't do this again. We thought we may want to do it as our 4 kids are coming with us, but the pace is slow and we are always stopping and being hounded to buy local goodies i.e. necklaces, paintings, hats, etc. There wasn't one stop made that you weren't asked to buy something.
We did do a fishing excursion with a company called Gone Fishing. Our guide Richard and the captain showed everyone a great time. And, some great fishing. We were able to catch two fish: Mahi Mahi and a Marlin, but those you catch and you release.
Tipping: We tipped every day for each excursion, for the maid service (and left chocolate bars 4 or so every day), bar tenders, Platinum lounge attendants and servers. None was asked for and no hand was out, but we know it was appreciated. You are expected to tip to any drivers, and the baggage handlers that take your luggage to your place in line at check in and to your bus as you are heading to your resort.
All in all the locations was fabulous, the grounds perfect, the resort gorgeous, the rooms perfect, the food was great and the service was, too.
I would definitely recommend this resort to couples travelling, but maybe a little large for families with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana