We have been to Bavaro Princess many times going back to 2001. The first time there my wife and I both got sick, and we swore we would never go back. But the people were so friendly, and the resort so beautiful, we tried it again in 2003. Since then we have gone there at least once a year. The front desk had us checked in and loaded up with mojitoes and mamajuana drinks in no time, and we were in our newly renovated rooms and ready for the beach. We have made many friends among the waitstaff so service was excellent the entire stay. We missed our favorite pool bartender Reuben, apparantly he moved to Spain, but the party always continues at Bavaro Princess.
As for the food, the buffett is always ample. It decidely is not seasoned like we are used to in the States. I would say in general it can be a bit bland, and of course be careful of milk or majonaise based products in warm weather. I love my omlettes and fresh fruit in the morning. Lunch is repetitous, but it's a buffett - so get over it! We went to 4 of the dinner restaurants. El Gaucho was OK, but steak is a little tougher in the DR then we are used to. El Pescador is a sea food restaurant. We felt the Carribbean lobster was a little overdone, as was the shrimp in garlic sauce appitizer. The Japanese style hibachi was fun as usual, and our best dinner this week was at Bella Pasta.
One of the best components of Bavaro Princess is the band and the house music. The orchestra leader is Federick Ortiz, and the band plays a mix of jazz standards and some Latin music in the court yard near the lobby during dinner time most nights. After the 9PM shows they play a great mix of salsa, marengue, and tango up to about 11PM, then the house DJ takes over with a great Latino mix. If you like to dance, go there. If you like to watch people, go there!! On Sunday nights the Beach Party is also a great dance party, and the band plays in the court yard at the same time. Monday night this week featured just the band with no other show. It was great. After the band and dancing we love the Princess Casino. Try the three card poker. Transportation back to your room via a golf cart can be had regardless of hour. All in all, we have stayed at nicer places, newer places, and ate better food. And we have been bored to death. We have never had more fun than Bavaro Princess. keep and open mind, brings lots of one dollar bills - let your hair down a little. we miss the place already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana