Well... lets face it - most of us did not grow up in Buckingham Palace, and we cannnot always expect everyone to speak English when we travel to a foreign country. Therefore, the fact that the rooms were filthy, the staff speaks only French, and I think I'd rather eat my shoe than ever taste another beautifully-plated pile of garbage - Club Med calls 'gourmet', is not exactly the straw that broke the camel's back.
What irritates me to the core are those two chicks in the Photoshop who try to charge you $20 for a picture. When we refused (we were a rather large group) they offered us to buy all the photos for $900 (we're talking about 100 pictures). Honestly, I think we might have pulled our money together and purchased them if they were'nt so rude - actually yelling at us to "stop wasting their time". After that we wanted to run back to our rooms an take a rape shower.
By the way if you have English-speaking kids you can forget about taking them to the Mini-Club or to the shows in the evening - they will not understand a word. The only shows they will understand are the ones when the bafoons from the Mini-Club go up on stage - fart, and spit bananas at one another.
Nevertheless, the G.O.s and the rest of the staff are super nice people, they really work hard, and I will give them credit for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic