Club Med Punta Cana resort is in a stunning location with its own private beach, only a short transfer from the airport. The ground staff are up early and work hard to keep the seaweed on the beautiful beach to a minimum, so it looks inviting, just like a picture post card, with white sand and clear turquoise water. I didn't see any litter at all. The same goes for the grounds which are green & lush with fabulous hibiscus & bougainvillea flowers and the expansive pool area with thatched umbrellas providing shade when the sun is at it's hottest. It really is a pretty resort and is enjoyed by all sorts of guests from families, work groups and single travellers. The GO's make everyone feel welcome and we were joined for dinner on several evenings by some very interesting characters including the new tennis coach Roger and the entertaining Eva from HR, Nelson & Ramon were fun too.
Barq the Chef de Village was in evidence every day accompanied by Giles the Sports & Leisure Manager who was very helpful answering all our questions and informing us of the day's events in his excellent English, as he soon realised our French needed some work! He has a nice way about him, quickly putting you at ease and making you feel like a special guest.
We enjoyed the crazy sign dancing - even joined in too a few times and did head to the night club afterwards to try some moves of our own (best done in a dark corner out of view). Really enjoyed the night club evening where they had the late night volley ball match between GO's & GM's while listening to the sounds from the beach party.
Tried Zumba with the energetic & talented Kimberley (great choreograhy in the shows), and did pilates & body sculpt too. Mainly concentrated on Tennis and found there much to be improved upon, so did lessons every day. When the group was over subscribed it wasn't a problem they just split the group into French & English speakers and got a second coach to help. Thanks to Nelson, Germaine, Ramo & all.
Things of note.
They spray the folliage which keeps the mosquitos to a minimum so we had very few bites. Still worth taking some spray with you for the odd crafty one that escapes.
The one afternoon we had rain the leisure team quickly responded by setting up the Baccalaureate quiz in the bar. By the time we'd finished the short sharp shower had stopped so we hardly noticed it had rained at all.
Dress codes while we were there included white, elegant, black & white, red, cappucino, black & pink and of course jeans & 45 T-Shirt.
The food had the usual excellent choice with Gala night (Friday) being the highlight , thanks to Hugo & his team for the excellent Lobster. We didn't have any trouble with food poisoning during our 10 night stay, but did avail ourselves of the sanitizers at the entrance to the restaurants. For a change we had a lovely simple fish (grouper) & chips at the beach bar where the very charming GO Leo was to be found.
Can't comment on the children's clubs as didn't have any need to use them, but only noticed happy children doing various fun activities while their parents relaxed so that speaks volumes.
All in all a brilliant trip so thank you once again Club Med and think my next one will be at a skiing resort as that works well too.
All the best from the 3NightClubbers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic