Wife and I went for a conference that was set up by a university. French operated so many French speakers. "All inclusive, includes food and drinks and some activities) Food was excessively abundant but very mediocre and drinks were the cheapest alcohol. Grounds are very nice, beach and ocean is great. Nice snorkeling of the beach. Room was old and musky and not very clean. Small suite type with king bed, sofa area and bath. Toilet seat was about to fall off, burned out light bulbs and some old pills on the bathroom floor that were not vacuumed up. Did one paid excursion that was a big scam. Two and one half hours snorkeling to a "reef and a natural pool" with snacks such as sandwiches. We got a very slow boat ride along the coast to a non-existent reef (we saw more fish and coral of the beach) where they allowed 15min of snorkeling. The "snacks" were stale potato and corn chips and a couple of fruits. The "natural pool" was a sand bar just of the beach where we could stand up and have some drinks. We had fun because we were with a fun group but this was a big "bait and switch". The golf practice area is a putting/chipping green with nice artificial turf. The driving range is nice mats that hit into a big net. You should bring your own clubs because they only have a seven iron and the putters they have are putt-putt plastic putters.
The communications between employees is terrible. They screwed up our check out and wanted to charge us for stuff we did not buy. They just hand you a bill with out telling you what it is for and expect you to pay it. They also wanted to charge us for the taxi back to the airport when we had already pre-paid the transfer.
Over all very disappointed, especially since we paid $150 each ($300) per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic