Having been to several other Club Meds, we were very disappointed with Punta Cana. A beautiful location and the rooms were quite adequate, if you get close enough to the activities you are interested in. Despite pre-travel request for a room close to reception, we were stuck a good mile (or so it seemed when having to walk it several times a day) from any activity. Finally after great persistence, we were moved to a more desirable location after 2 days. As one American stated loudly, when her family arrived and were also given a room far far away, "If I was French, I wouldn't be treated this way!" Definitely the case. We didn't feel the Americans were treated as well as the French ; it's very obvious. Also, almost EVERYTHING there is focused around kids (I have never seen so many strollers!) so leaves a great deal to be desired if you don't have children with you. Even the evening entertainment, which starts at 9:45pm, seemed to be kid-focused. On the positive side, there are great classes (water aerobics, samba cardio, circus, roller-blading) and a good disco every night at the beach bar. My daughter was able to go horseback riding on a nearby beach, which she enjoyed immensely, but this activity is not advertised as part of the packages offered; you need to be very persistent with the reception folks to get them to call about making the arrangements. Also, be prepared to pay to go on the snorkeling boat. Club Med started using a private company to arrange snorkeling trips, as of January 1 (which we didn't expect, since this activity was listed as one provided by the resort). Food was okay; better at the restaurant farthest away from reception. At the main restaurant, there were flies everywhere, including on most of the food, which was seldom covered. No wonder everyone was getting sick. There were signs posted warning about a gastro-intestional outbreak and a few hand sanitizing gel dispensers but few people used them and many guests put their hands all over the food and in the ice buckets. We carried a small container of Purell with us and although it probably seemed a little neurotic to be using it so much, none of us got sick. If I ever return to D.R., I would go to another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic