“Another fantastic Club Med stay”

Club Med Punta Cana
Ranked #43 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We have been to this club before but never this late into the summer. We were somewhat concerned that weather (hurricanes) would be an issue but it was not a factor, after all. We had very little rain and no big storms. It was hot but as expected. We were there for almost two weeks and stayed in the Tiara suites for the second year in a row. For us with two teens, having the extra space and amenities is very worthwhile. The suites are ocean front, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, concierge service, private infinity pool with bar...very nice. We very much enjoy the Club Med experience. The food is good, the staff is friendly, there is plenty to do. Both of our kids made friends through the teen club and had a great time. Fabian, the head GO of Passworld (teen club) was absolutely great...making every effort to get the kids to socialize and have a good time. We found that last summer, that effort was somewhat lacking on the part of the GOs, so... much better experience this year. Really, no complaints about anything else. We played tennis, kayaked, snorkeled, windsurfed, trapeze, zumba, etc. Highly recommend a spa treatment. The beach barbeques are nice. We have never been disappointed in our Club Med vacation (we've been on quite a few) One factor about coming to CM late July/early August is that the great majority of GMs are European (mostly French). If that is of concern, then I would suggest coming earlier in the summer, when there is more of a mix...If this would be your fist time to CM, DR, the beach is gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank socceremmersmom

Reviewed 23 September 2010

What a fantastic holiday!

First ever trip to the Dominican and well worth it. We were a tad nervous about the thought of travelling in 'hurricane season' however there was nothing to worry about. Perfect weather everyday, hot and sunny apart from one day with tropical rain but it was a nice change and cooled everything down. One word of warning however is at this time of year it was very very humid! However the sea and pools helped to cool off.

The flight from London was around 9 hours, however the great in flight meals and films kept us well entertained. Once arriving at the airport you were greeted by local singers and palm trees, it was great! Club Med staff were ready at the airport to take you to the hotel.

On arrival to the hotel you were greeted by a GO whom spoke your language and were given cool ice tea, after a rest we were then shown around the vast resort and shown to our room. We stayed in the Columbus block. We had everything we could need, including very powerful air-conditioning!

The resort is well laid out and signs everywhere, the views were fantastic. We ate at all restaurants, our favourite was the evening buffet as there was so much choice, the meat was superb and we loved the french/american mix.

There was a lot to do at the hotel including excursions/watersports/spa. We tried out the speed boat hire which was thrilling and my favourite a massage on the beach in a hut, such great value for money! The spa and excursions do cost extra but are worth it.

The only negative point about the hotel was in low season not all excursions run and the A la carte dining room was not open apart from that it was a great resort for all ages not just families.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2010

It is just like it says on the label. This is CM's second largest resort with a capacity of 1800+. During our week stay there were only 300 people, so every thing was easily available at any time. As noted you can be in your room one hour after landing - probably the smoothest transit ever. A fantastic variety and quality of food at main meal times plus very drinkable French wine included. All staff very friendly and helpful without exception. Very highly recommended.
For UK readers : excellent offers in SEPT/OCT 25% plus 5% from travel agents. (just google) Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Oh my gosh - where to start? The whole club med experience is just so special and it seems to me that Club Med have thought of everything. It is without a doubt the holiday from heaven.
Dominican Republic is a great deal for tourists - from landing the plane to entering the room on the resort was 45 minutes total - I kid you not! (Take $10 per family member for a visa) - it is soooo smooth. I was concerned about diarrhoea - but club med have sanitizers everywhere and obviously food prep is perfect (Thanks John - but I missed the Shepherd's Pie!) since I heard of no-one with diarrhoea. I didn't take any precautions - I ate salad, ice, sushi, everything - expecting the worst every day - but no problems at all.
But wow wow wow wow - that's all I can say about Kid's Club. I mean - this is why we go to Club Med - there is so much to get involved with and the kids just love it. My son is 9 and I wouldn't see him from 8.30 am to 10pm - he was away with his friends at archery and shows and circus - just so much fun - parents were of zero interest - and that's the way I like it! I would give him the room key but never find him in it - it is just the best place ever for kids. My seven year old as well had a blast - though we did manage to convince her to join us for dinner a couple of times. ENORMOUS THANKS to the best kid's club staff - the patience is amazing - the way in which they include everybody is so special - and our thanks go to the lovely Lala and Cesar who are truly fabulous - and Stefan was a dream - Fabian was eternally kind hearted, Claire and Samantha were a blast - and all of them work well as a team and have the kids club working to a tee. I reckon my kids learn more at Club Med Kid's clubs than they do at school!
If you are planning to dive - it's really good fun - but take your own safety sausage cos it's all drift diving and sometimes the boat doesn't seem to quite get the drift! I would keep your air horn on your BC as well if you have one - we left ours at home and probably could have done with it! But the staff are really lovely and accomodating.
All in all - once again - Club Med is the best family vacation!

2  Thank dczhw
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This was our first all-inclusive trip as a family with our 10 month old son.

Baby Club Med: fantastic! The GOs working there were excellent and every time we arrived our son was happy and either being held or played with. As our son was still nursing we would drop him off for 2-3 hours in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Still worth every penny to have this service available. *Also recommend the Pygama Club in the evenings if you want to dine on your own and have some alone time. About $20 for 8pm-1am.

Food: excellent. Similar in quality to the Bellagio Buffet but better presentation.

Resort: the grounds are beautifully kept and this is a prime stretch of beach. Pool is quite large and has nice depth variation - great for families. *Also a fun waterpark/pool in the kids club but we didn't check it out.

Fitness Centre: decent gym withe some nautilus machines, stationary bikes, a treadmill and dumbells. They also had a Bosu ball. Everything looks new but due to the humidity there is rust on the machines. They do a good job of keeping the AC going in there.

Rooms: we had a standard room and it was quite comfortable for the three of us. Dressing room and small living room/second sleeping room. Nice veranda my husband sat on to get better internet reception.

Internet: about $50/week or you can buy hour or day credits from reception. Wifi can be a bit spotty - my husband found it best to take his laptop to the reception/lobby.

Recreation: we tried it all! Archery, tennis, kayaks, windsurfing. I took a beginners lesson for windsurfing and had so much fun I went back the next day to try on my own. Archery was surprisingly fun. We played tennis 4 times and as it was low season there was always a court free. Great and helpful staff for all of these.

Overall we are very pleased with our experience at this resort. We will visit another Club Med resort again!

2  Thank imwiththeband
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I would only go back for the kids club, our children had an amazing time, they did not want to leaves, when i say tears, literally tears, They did not want to leave. the staff starting with Steph, Tatiana, William, Fabian, Cesar, i am sure that i forgot some other names ( i apologies ) the whole staff in that dept. Any parent would truly
appreciate how much they do for the children, I wish them all great journey in life, they are truly special people
for both myself and my children tyler 9 yrs of age and sky 4 yrs of age.
Peace and love.
I will say one of the best clubs that they have been a part of . I would only speak highly of the mini club,
the resort did not due much for my husband and myself.

2  Thank tyskygo2010
Reviewed 13 September 2010

You never know when you look at the photos of a resort if it will look as good in person as it does in the professional photos. The Club Med at Punta Cana is even more beautiful than the photos can show. Beautiful beaches with crystal clear blue and turquoise water, The gardens are lush green with tropical flowers and palm trees and immaculately kept. The low rise hotel buildings meander through the gardens and it appears that most, if not all of the rooms, have a view of the ocean from the rooms. From the moment you arrive at the reception area you feel like you have found paradise!

This resort is recommended for families, but we went as a couple and still had a great time and enjoyed most of the many activities.

The exercise classes are held under a palapa on the beach. The tropical breezes keep the temperature very comfortable for exercise outside. The exercise instructors (Zumba, yoga/stretch, body sculpting, water aerobics, etc) Mai and Chris were fantastic instructors and taught as great a workout as any of the athletic clubs in the states

There are also many water sports to enjoy: Sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and snorkeling. We even saw some guys kite surfing (amazing!), though it was not one of the club activities.

My favorite Club Med activity is Trapeze and there was a great Circus team in February. Many of the team were from Brazil and put on an awesome Capoiera show one night - this show is not to be missed! The Circus team was very knowledgeable and encourgaging and a super nice group of people. They even let this almost 50 year old woman be in the trapeze show.

As one would expect of a Club Med, the food was great and each day had a different theme. All of the fruits and vegetables were fresh and safe to eat. There is an outdoor bar /restaurant right on the beach. It is a great place for a morning cappuccino or an afternoon cocktail. Nicholas at the bar always had a smile and friendly greeting.

The rooms were comfortable and cheerful. Ours had a balcony with a beautful view of the gardens and beach. The housekeeping staff kept the rooms very clean and they always had a friendly greeting and a smile when we passed in the hallway.

We took a half day excursion to see a little of the island. Wish we had taken a full day to explore.

Thank you to all of the GOs who really make Club Med great! And to Club Med for creating a very unique vacation experience!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple