We were eager to our first vacations to a club med, which has an excellent reputation. Travelled with my wife and 9 month old girl. The site was awesome, reception great, pool very nice, beach amazing, service great, sports and activities, this is what club med is all about, excellent, nothing to say, but.......
But, rooms very deceived, not clean, infected with some ants or don't know what was the kind. Had to change room after one night. Next room was better, but after 3 days, same litlle ants came back, and we understood that the cleaning ladies were not doing their job right:. Yes we were in the carribean, i went to some other hotels and it was way cleaner than the club med.. By the way, forget using the phone to call the reception, in both rooms, it wasn't working.
Food, good, average, sometimes very deceiving. I was shocked to see that there is only buffets. Two huge restaurants, but no a la carte restaurant. 3 times a day, 7 days, it was way too much. At the end, we weren't even able to approach the restaurant, kinda tired and sick of the buffet smell.
For the price i paid, really not worth it, should cost at least 500$ less per person.
I recommend for families and people looking for sports and activities. For food and clean rooms, do not go to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic