We just returned from a fabulous family vacation to Club Med in Punta Cana (Feb 12-18th, 2011). It was our first Club Med all-inclusive type of resort, and it was awesome. The beaches were beautiful, white sand, turquoise water, great snorkeling, large property to explore. But the absolutely best part about this Club Med are the relationships each family member develops with the GO's (Gentle Organizers) that occur during a week stay. The mini club for the kids was fabulous. We have never dropped our kids off before at a kids club while on vacation. Our kids (ages 6,5,& 5, yes twins) always preferred to stay with us. But here, after the first day, the kids stayed 4 days straight for about 6 hours a day at the kids club. They have 3 activitities each hour of the day for the kids to choose from. The GO's were all fabulous. They were so professional, organized, and caring with the kids. And, there were a lot of kids the week we were there, I heard double the amount from the week before, like 700 kids. But, it did not feel like it was too many. The mini club kids show on Thursday night was the absolute highlight. For JuJu, Louik, and their team to put out so much effort, truly 200 percent, to put together such an amazing show with so many kids was just incredible to witness. All the GO's were amazing, our kids especially loved, Ellie boom boom, Jessica, Samantha, Jo Jo French Fry,Ju Ju, and Louik, just to mention a few. We have never been on a vacation where my husband and could happily spend some time together snorkeling, exercising, eating lunch by ourselves knowing our kids were happy doing their own things, puppet theatre, trapeze, swimming, playground, yoga, tennis etc. We checked on them often and they would just wave back happily.
The trapeze team was also incredible, Henry, Manny, Gilson, Elyse, Elisa, all wonderfully, funny, caring, encouraging, patient, etc. My husband loved the challenge of tackling the trapeze. Where else can you do this type of activity while on vacation? This team also put on a wonderful shows at night. The hours in any given day that the GO's put in each day to ensure the guests had a great time was just wonderful.
The rooms were good enough, the beds comfortable, the food overall was good. Eating a buffet style meal every meal, makes it important to stay active during the rest of your day. We did not have a problem withe French speaking GO's, most of them knew 2-3other languages. My kids got by just fine. The week we were there, there were 60 percent French guests and 40 percent American guests, a good ratio.
Unless you get out of the resort on an excursion though you probably don't get a Dominican Republic experience. We took a taxi and took a half day tour to Higuey a nearby town. Not totally necessary but we felt we had to do it since we went so far to go see a little of Dominican Republic.
All in all, Club Med in Punta Cana is an awesome family vacation. One I would recommend, if you can, go now before this wonderful team of GO's changes. JuJu, Ellie boom boom, Louik, Jessica, Henry, thank you for making our trip so incredible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic