ClubHotel Riu Bambu
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$287
Melia.com
US$291
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$553
US$351
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$325
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$485
US$296
  • Pool
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$504
US$763
US$327
Elvoline
US$204
TripAdvisor
6,147 results
All reviewscolonial restaurantdeluxe roomswim up barpalm treescaribbean streetevery other daythomson repssteakmain restaurantmama juanamini bardominican republicsmaller poolentertainment staffoutback safaribeautiful beachmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The pictures are not what all the room look like. The rooms we were put in were not updated at all .They were 1980's rooms . Mold every were very dirty rooms. sand on the bathroom door and in the bed, curtains very dirty. They would not let you talk to the manager. Very rude at front desk.
Apple vacation rep. was great we booked tours. This is not a 5 apple hotel. Don't know who rates them but they need to go back and stay in rooms by the basketball courts. Show were not good nothing like they were at other hotels. There were 11 of us and we had 5 rooms. After they moved us the rooms were better. but we lost a day by the time they moved us they wanted you to move at 2 pm right in the middle of your day. Nothing to do at night at this hotel. Stay at the Iberostar I have stayed at them all. they were clean and nice.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. No one was happy there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tashaohio
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 14 days in August was pretty rainy just about every afternoon but mornings up to lunchtime were fantastic great location right on the beach food was fantastic you name it they have it plus they have specialist restaurants that you pre book an Italian a Chinese and a steak house they also have a 24/7 restaurant mostly burgers pizza n pasta I found everything and everyone very pleasant only downside was the entertainment it was like but line in the 60s

Room Tip: The rooms are all in villas spread over the area so close to main hotel would be good when the rain starts
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JOHN K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

When we arrived the staff was very friendly at first. We got to our room and we were instantly upset. First off the temperature outside felt cooler than our room. The decorations and the design of the room was looked old and outdated. After examining the room more we noticed at least 10
bugs in the room. The worst part was the bed. We lifted the blanket and there were several strands of hair and red,brown and yellow stains all over the bed. We were so grossed out we took photos and showed the staff. They didn't seem to care so we ended up leaving and upgrading to a better resort.

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank rbrander321
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have just got back from a great holiday here. The hotel is basic, but clean and has everything you need. However, for me the staff made it what is was. Everyone we encountered from the reception desk to the animation team were so friendly and helpful and nothing was trouble for them.
My highlights were the dancing, pools and beach location. My lowlights; I have only one in that a bit of atmosphere was missing at nights, some music in the restaurants would really sort this out.
In terms of the food; for breakfast there is heaps of choice and something for everyone. Lunch can be a bit same-y but I think that's to be expected in these sorts of resorts. Dinner was great and I'd recommend to book in all 45 of the a la carte restaurants; all of which were good but my favourite was the Asian.
Some of the other reviews mention a bad smell, which I smelt a couple of times and I think comes from whatever they use to water the grounds with, however it really didn't cause any problems, and was only around for a short time while you walked to breakfast.
The holiday overall was great, and the hotel is suitable for both couples and families alike. You can do as much or as little as you want in the day and there is a show on every night. I didn't make it to Pacha which is about a 10 minute walk away. There are some shops on site but these charge a fortune, take a walk up the beach to the huts which are about a 20 minute walk away where you can barter for souvenirs and won't be ripped off.
Finally, I did the outback explorer trip, this was good but my major qualm is that apparently ' it takes you to parts of the island that tourism hasn't reached'. This is a total lie- everything is set up purely for tourists and is vey commercial. Having said that though its still worth doing to get out and about and see a bit more than just the resort.
Would I recommend the hotel and area? Absolutely, I had a brilliant time.
Would I go back? Probably not as once is sufficient to do and see everything you want to.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are nice but at the back of the hotel, the older rooms are a stones throw from the beach and are basic but have everything you need.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We read a lot of long reviews before we booked and I thought people were crazy for obsessing over "small" details... believe me- those details add up so don't over look them.
We booked this through Apple Vacations- the 5 square deal. The photos online looked amazing so we were excited. The very best thing about this resort is the beach; lots of palm trees, calm water and beach chairs. Super gorgeous. Other than that... blah. Our rep promised everyone at the resort would know it was our honeymoon and that we would have a special room- nope. A crummy room with garbage in the hallway overlooking a wall of shrubs/fence/road. When we tried to go back to the desk to request a different room, we received blank looks, repeated statements that they had nothing else, one guy asked the next guy to help us and they all came up with the same response. Clearly some folks were looking for cash to be handed over in order to get help.Not a great start to our honeymoon. We ended up with a new room eventually which was super bare bones. Nothing special- but really, in paradise it doesn't need to be that fancy- just clean, but for a honeymoon= we were hoping for something a little bit elevated.
This resort requires you to wait in line in the early morning to get dinner "reservations"... again, we were told there werent' ANY tables available to us after we waited in line our first morning. Blank looks, the same spiel... again, requiring sweet talk (since I refuse to grease the wheel for a simple meal I have already paid for) we got a table in the "mexican restaurant". We were one of 6 tables seated for the reserved time ( there were about 30 empty tables) and it was BUFFET!!!!! The restaurants are all buffet.... except the "steak house" which is where you eat breakfast and lunch (awful steak, took almost two hours to get served, cranky waiters) The very least I would expect is table service, folks. The food is only so -so anyway so at least you could bring it to me. Geez. Also, our apple rep told us we could use the other 3 riu properties for our dinners- NOPE. He was not aware of either the fact we couldn't use the other restaurants OR that the meals were all buffet.
Everyone who worked here seemed to be constantly in loud conversation with each other over and around us as we ate and waited for drinks, etc. I have a lot of spanish- otherwise we would have been lost in space.
The "entertainment" consisted of 5 or 6 energetic Julie McCoys dancing with folks in the main theatre area, while little kids ran amok on stage. Really exciting.
Beach towels ran out most days.
Generally, not a great vacation. We were glad to be able to enjoy the beach and to relax, but I would not return to this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple