Stayed there 14 - 24th November, young couple.
The food was good, plenty of choices (as long as you are not a very fussy eater). Staff was friendly and respectful at the same time (with or without tips). The room was great, at the third floor with a very high ceiling and a nice balcony, cleaned at least once a day, minibar was always stocked. I have learned the hard way that it is important to keep your valuables and wallet in the safe at all times.
The beach was the most beautiful in that area, with no umbrellas, but with plenty of palm trees to provide some shade. Also there was plenty of space between the sunbeds, providing enough privacy.
The adults only concept is nice, worth mentioning that there were not many young couples at that time, but more towards older ones.
It is a very nice hotel if you are looking for relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana