This was our first trip to the Dominican. The Riu Palace Macao is nothing fancy but clean and friendly and adults only. The hotel staff are very helpful and considerate. The pool was awesome in the mornings but as it got warmer we migrated down to the beach where it breezier and the palm trees provided some welcome shade as the sun moved around. Either way we had no trouble finding chairs anytime of the day. The food was good and of great variety. I really enjoyed the salad bar, it had almost everything imaginable and was available for lunch and dinner. The shops by the hotel were within walking distance. The evening entertainment was okay. Disappointed there wasn't a hot tub available to enjoy in the late evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana