Just returned from a very good weeks stay at the Riu Palace Macao. Check in was handled quite quickly considering the large number of us doing so, we were almost last to get our keys and set off in the direction of our room. I had emailed in advance to ask for a high floor room on the front of the hotel so was a little surprised when we found ourselves on the ground floor at the back of the hotel and facing the kitchens/dustbins. A swift return to Reception followed and were asked to be moved as the room allocated had little natural light and the view was not acceptable. We were told that nothing could be done for that night but we would be moved the next day for definite, this accepted we resolved to stay in room 3099 that night. As soon as we returned to the room I received a call advising a sea view room had been found and would we move straight away to it ? This we did and the difference was amazing, a high floor and an ocean view!Our grateful thanks to Widy who handled our problem.
Apart from our initial problem we could not have been more pleased with the hotel. The location, beach, food and the amazing staff made this a memorable holiday. The 'Steakhouse' restaurant is a very good alternative to the main buffet restaurant, but even here you will be spoilt for choice of food on offer.
The pool area gets quite busy but there are always plenty of sun beds available here and on the beach. It is a shame that the 'habit of reserving sunbeds' has found its way to this Caribbean island.
All in all an excellent property with good facilities for all, young and older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana