We went to Riu Palace Macao from March 7 to March 21,2009 .
ROOM When we arrived to the hotel it was late and noticed only one bell boy so we managed to take our own suitcases to our room, only to find our key would not open the door. We continued to have problems with the door for a majority of the trip, not even the service people could open the door but they would not change our room. Also the toilet tank fills up every five minutes so it sounds like its flushing all night. Otherwise the room was clean and during our stay we only found one big bug in our room. DO NOT DRINK OR BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH THE WATER. The cleaning staff are very good at replacing the water jug as needed, they check in atleast 2 times a day. Pop, Soda water and Beer in also replenished. They are also generous with the bath towels always replacing them. Actually the MAIDS WERE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
POOL Small ,not great and very cold all the time. Pool bar was great and BONUS it has a great soft serve ice cream bar.
RESTAURANTS AND BUFFET 4 restaurants Kabuki (japanese),Caribe Grill (buffet noon and evening sit down dinner) ,Steak House and Krystal and one buffet. Each rest had its good points but some of the menu items not so good. In the buffet the food is generally the same from day to day, not great but not bad at all. I would have liked some special food nights like lobster or crab legs but I was disappointed. NEED TO RESERVE RESTAURANT EARLY ALSO THE LATEST BEING 10:30 BECAUSE THEY WONT ACCEPT AFTER THIS POINT.
RESTAURANT STAFF They were generally all pleasant. Many people don't leave tips but we did, they make very little money why not brighten their day.
ENTERTAINMENT STAFF AND ENTERTAINMENT The best guy is MR. WELCOME. They were all very nice and spoke to all the guests and encouraged us to participate in all the activities at the resort that are free like.. Darts, Shuffleboard, Archery, Bean Bag Toss,Bocce and Ping Pong.
At night 8:00pm BINGO is played, 9:30 is Awards from day games and 9:45 is the Show. Unfortunately the few that I saw were NOT VERY GOOD and the turn out to the show is not good also. I really couldn't understand why the turnout was so bad, when there is nothing else to do.
BEACH Was gorgeous, nice soft sandy long beach and the water was a beautiful colour but not calm. We encountered alot of waves washing ashore. It didn;t bother me since I know how to swim but very unsafe for young children. I heard this is not typical but this was my experience. I found the water in Jamaica calmer and warmer for sure. TOWELS FOR BEACH USE ARE PLENTY BUT LOUNGERS WERE NOT. NEED TO RESERVE EARLY BEFORE 8:30 OR 9:00am for POOL area but later for beach.
GENERAL INFORMATION We still had a great time and met alot of nice people. The resort gets alot of people from Germany, England, France and Argentina. Many of the entertainment staff are bilingual so they announce everything in Spanish, German, English then in French ALL THE TIME!!!!
I would not give this hotel a 5+ rating ,nor a five, maybe a 4.
*****I GOT REALLY SICK ON DAY 10 AND I DON'T EVEN DRINK. I DID NOT LEAVE MY ROOM IT WAS REALLY BAD BUT IT ONLY LASTED A DAY .I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS VIRAL OR FOOD POISONING BUT IT WAS AWEFUL. I noticed alot of people had different degrees of sickness. When you see crackers and rice for breakfast, you know why.
***** The so called fitness gyms were aweful. Everything was rusted severely. Only one or two treadmills. NO AIRCONDITIONING, RIDICULOUS!!!!
FRONT DESK STAFF - SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S HOW YOU GET THE BEST SERVICE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Adults Only & 24 H All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Macao opens all year round and is located on the beautiful Playa Arena Gorda beach, in holiday area Punta Cana on the Dominican Republic's eastern coast. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Punta Cana Airport PUJ (25 km) and El Cortecito (10 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 364 comfortably furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape at the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool, Water park "Splash Water World" . Day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha Discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our buffet restaurant, Japanese and Italian, Fusion, Culinary restaurant and Steakhouse, as well as 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana