My wife and I stayed at RIU Punta Cana last summer for our honeymoon. We had a great time, to say the least! The pool was lovely, and it was nice having the beach just a short walk away. If you're looking for a vacationing spot for lounging around, Punta Cana is great for that. The service was excellent. As for the food, the buffet was very good and reliable. The restaurants were not the best, but we were surprised with the Japanese restaurant. We had read that the food there was terrible, but it ended up being our favorite. Room service is not worth the wait.
As for leisure activities, talk to the travel agent/specialist onsight at the resort (usually available in the lobb) before embarking on any journeys, like windsailing, snorkeling, horse back riding, etc. Companies will advertise on the beach and around the pool area, but at the time of our honeymoon, those groups were not insured. Our advisor "advised" us against going that route, and we set up all expeditions through her. We went snorkeling and horseback riding, which we enjoyed both very much, especially the horseback riding during the sunset. That was an amazing experience, and I highly recommend it. If you sign up for the horseback riding expedition, I recommend a massage the following day. You will be quite sore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana