“"Best Vacation"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo,OH
“"Best Vacation"”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We are home now from the best vacation of our lives.(We have been on alot) Dreams Palm beach had it all! Each day started off with Breakfast at the World Cafe where we were taken care of by Simon. Simon gives his all every day over seeing all of the staff inside and around the pool. He went out of his way to give us a special Anniversary dinner which brought tears to my eyes. He truely loves his customers and his Job! The entertainment team was wonderful they put in alot of hours we were never without anything to do. Food was outstanding in every restaurant and even the beach dinner was well beyond my exspectations. They had a couple playing music every night before the show where you could get a drink and dance.Johnaton was part of the entertainment team who was around to dance in case your husband doesn't want to. Elizabeth knew our order before we ordered it.She was a good waitress. In the mexican restaurant we also had a great waiter German (sp) he was so much fun. I could go on and on. So if you like to eat, drink party and relax this is the place for you!EXCELENTA! Thanks, Karen and David Denman

Room Tip: 3rd floor has vaulted ceilings
3 Thank KDenman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
toroto
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at this resort in June, the enterainment staff especially Wainy was amazing, very friendly, very helpful and always made sure we were having a fun time. The resort was the best,,the food delicious, and l the staff,were friendly and very helpful. They always went out of their way to make our stay a happy one, filled with wonderful memories. We will definetely be returning to this resort. I give it 5 stars,I recommend this beautiful resort to everyone.

1 Thank Pam F
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Simon, I want to thank you. We had the best time at Dreams because of you. The complete staff including Germain in the mexican resturaunt was the best. The food was great, but the special attention we had all week from Simon made it all worth while. The beach and the resort was a 10 out of 10. The entertainment staff always had things going on for you to do and the nightly stuff was a lot of fun. The complete resort staff always had a smile on their face and everytime you asked them something it was " my pleasure " and I mean everytime. Whoever trains them does a great job! Cappachino, Jonathon, Gasolina, I want to thank you also, you guys are non stop energy and made the week a blast! All I can say is " OH MY GOD!" If you have been there you know what that means. Again, Thanks Dreams Palm Beach, you made our 25th Anniversary week a lot of fun and also relaxing. We will be back!

3 Thank Paul N
Chief_c0ncierge, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Paul,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experiences from you recent stay with us. We are very happy to know that we could meet your expectations regarding your anniversary celebration and hope to celebrate many more together with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

José Abreu
Fax: (809) 468-2151
concierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 1st anniversary at Dreams, Palm Beach, Punta Cana. We read all the reviews, some negative and my advice is ignore the negative reviews, this place was great! As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a hot towel upon check in, we booked for the preferred club which I definitely recommend. We were taken to the preferred club where they handed us mamosa's and told us all about the hotel and gave us our room keys, they brought the luggage up to our room. The room is ok, yes, the shower is strange as most of the reviews mention but WHO CARES?! The lotion and shampoo they give you in the room smells great and the maid service and turn down service at night is awesome, the bed is comfortable and there are plenty of pillows and there was even bathrobes and slippers. It was cool. There was a sash across our door that said "Happy Anniversary" and they gave us a fruit basket and a nice little letter and a bottle of champagne. We did tell them ahead of time it was our anniversary, and it was really nice and the little sash on the door definitely made it really feel special. Everynight under the door, they slip the paper and the 'sundial' which is an awesome agenda for the next day telling you all the activities, the weather, the show, the movie on the beach, which restaurants were closed, open, etc. Never been to a place that did this and it was great.
The restaurants were all delish and really nice, I've been to other all inclusives and the restaurants were nice but here it really felt like we were at home and going out to a nice dinner somewhere, the food was delicious (especially the filet in Bordeux) and the drinks are plenty. You also don't need reservations for these restaurants! BEST PART! My husband loved Himitsu, the japanese restaurant. The only one we didn't do was Portafino...but they were all very good. Seaside Grill is cool because if you're in the preferred club you can go there for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner. Guys- bring your long pants- you'll need them to eat at some of the places.. They had a beautiful beach dinner on the beach, with a delicious buffet one night, it was amazing, and even though we were surrounded by others, it was still totally romantic and fun, loved it!! The room service is also good...especially the beef tenderloin sandwich lol, my husband had this a couple times from the late night menu.
The beach- A M A Z I N G. As soon as we got there, I grabbed a beach chair to pull down by the water and Raphael, one of the awesome beach staff, shooed me away and drug down a chair for me and my husband and went and got us some drinks! Such a sweetheart!! The water was the perfect temperature, the seaweed, seagrass or whatever people have mentioned is not a big deal and such a non-factor I've been to jamaica, bahamas, cancun and aruba and this beach was BEAUTIFUL. they clean the beach and the water is crystal clear, no waves, just how i like it. You see fish and u can grab a snorkel and snorkel right there and see some cool things.
The pools and pool bar are wonderful, they're heated and feel great. We especially enjoyed the preferred club pool and hot tub after a day at the beach. Also, the waitstaff is INCREDIBLE...they are always around and available to get you drinks and the drinks are really good! We loved the miami vices (: They actually give you bottles of beer at the lobby bar which I dug, felt like home (:
The entertainment is great, we only saw a dancing show and a magic show and both were really good.
We would DEFINITELY without a doubt come back to this resort, and stay at another Dreams somewhere else just to have the same experience. It was truley wonderful, relaxing, beautiful and fun. Everyone was nice, professional, the language was not an issue at all and everything was excelente'! Oh I almost forgot!! THE WATER LOL...I was neurotic about drinking the water and using the ice before I left, packing immodium, the whole nine yards thinking I was going to get sick. There is PLENTY of bottled water for you, and we also saw that they have the giant water cooler jugs and that is the water they're pouring you at dinner, it is fine!! And belive me, I am a freak when it comes to this lol. Just use the bottled water to brush your teeth, but the restaurants and the ice are FINE!!! I even learned how to say 'no ice' in spanish before i left because i was so nervous and concerned. IT WAS NOT AN ISSUE!!!
Just relax and enjoy DREAMS!!! And if the Dreams people read this, thanks for EVERYTHING!!

13 Thank MM1114
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I are on our honeymoon here and are having a great time. The service has been impeccable so far - everything you could want to eat and drink and more. The rooms are really good, spacious and good air conditioning. All of the restaurants are really good and the pool is great.
Hotel is RIGHT on the beach and really is, all you could wish for. Would recommend for couples, families and more!!

3 Thank Ruth T
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I came with a group of 16 for a family vacation. We are having the best time of our lives. The food is great. The people here are excellent and very nice. The entertainment is great especially Jonathan, Gasolina, and Johan. The waitress Florinda is excellent.

4 Thank Stephanie A
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I came with a group of 16 and was treated well food was excellent!!! The food was great the suite was wonderful room were beautiful. The entertainment was excellent especially Jonathan and waitress Florina was very pleaseant!!! I highly recommend this RESORT

1 Thank RAQUEL M