“Dreams palm beach<<< GOOOOOOOOO”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This resort was exellente!!! The workers we absolute wonderful and were very good with each family. Some of the workers, gasolina, cappuccino, and James bond really interacted with my family and made my stay enjoyable from the beginning of the day to the end of the night. We had a great time at this resort and we will definitely consider coming back.

P.s. WE WORK OUT

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Joanne B
There are newer reviews for Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We returned from our trip on the 27th July, from one of the best holidays we've ever had. I was so nervous after booking this hotel from all the negative reviews, but from the experience we had I can honestly say we experienced not one of the problems mentioned.
Our room was just perfect, cleaned twice a day with fresh towels each time. There was no smell at all in our room. Our fridge was stocked everyday with drinks which was great. The view from our room was just amazing.
The hotel grounds are out of this world. They are kept to pefection and looked beautiful. For the restaurants, we loved them all that we couldn't pick a favourite. They all served amazing food and great staff working in them. The staff are just so friendly all the time, from the gardeners to the maids. Having such happy and helpful people around did me our holiday better.
We spent most of our time round the pool with the swim up bar in, it was great, very clean and just perfect in the hot weather. We spent some of our second week around the beach which is beautiful. Yes there is seaweed on the beach, but this doesn't spoil the beach at all. It is cleaned up at least four times a day, so to be honest there is very little there.
Our hotel rep Sandro was just the best rep. He organised some great trips for us including the Jeep Safari whi h I would highly recommend to be able to see the country.
We had an amazing relaxing romantic holiday and can't wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Kirsty Laura B
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The resort is over valued. We were there for four days and it started off poor from the very beginning. They couldn't let us check in because we only had our reservation on our phone and not on paper, we had to pay for internet so they can print it out.

After check in, our mini bar was emptied and it was not replenished until the next day. We also asked for a toothbrush that was also not brought to the room until the next day.

Then we tried to book for spa treatments with our resort credits and they eliminated all of the first tier level, which mean we would have to pay double the amount of the credit to use it. The resort makes me feel like I'm being scammed every moment vs a relaxing atmosphere. Another example would be when I asked for change to pay for an excursion and the staff told me he didn't have any until he found out that I was doing an excursion through the resort. Also the concierge prices for everything was so much more expensive then if you asked the people doing it themselves. Obviously she is also working for her cut.

The beach a mile away from the resort was much nicer, clearer water and softer sand. The drinks provided by the resort is mediocre at best, other resort that I have been to on the island makes their drinks with fresh fruits, everything at dreams palm taste like syrup.

The only good aspect of the resort would be the wait staff in the restaurants. They were friendly and accommodating while other staff are not.
Additionally, don't even play in the casino. The staff gets down right upset and rude if you starts winning...although I'm not sure why. And if you do decide to play make sure you check your hand because a few times they took money from winning hands.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank beachysands
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We went for two weeks on July 10th, and liked it so much we extended a week whilst we were there! I also wanted to write a review (first ever!) as having three weeks there really allowed us to get a feel of the resort over a longer period and maybe a more balanced review.

Firstly, I just want to say to any people reading this that you need to be a bit sensible reading some of these comments. We met a number of people over there who had been concerned at these some recent negative reports on TripAdvisor before coming out here, and were left scratching their heads as to why after being there a few days. Put a little perspective on things like seaweed, ants and food. Some people are very hard to please... possibly the same people we saw being rude or plain indifferent to staff for no reason other than they seem to think they'd bought the right to.

I have been all over the world on business and pleasure, and I can tell you I have never encountered a team of people who work SO hard to ensure you have a great stay. They are genuinely warm and really to seem to care about your happiness and that they are representing their hotel and country well. A people proud of their work and their guests impression of them. Everyone from the managers to the hard working gardening team maintaining the beautiful grounds has an 'Hola' for you!

We have two children, a 6 and 7 year old and although the double deluxe room was absolutely beautiful when we got there, we decided to upgrade to the honeymoon suite as soon as we got their (our request). It was huge, the kids had the lounge and dining area with their own TV and bathroom, we got a massive double bed, jacuzzi bathroom and shower / wc. Plus our own balcony with hammock :))

The room was right next to the pool bar and in the throng of things during the day, but quiet at night. Turn left and it took 20 seconds to get to the white sand, palm trees and beach (some beach hammocks please!!) The beach is typical paradise stuff and the water is warm and clear unless there's been a storm (please note other reviewers, neither water clarity, seaweed or clarity of the sun are entirely within even Dreams control......) The kids wanted to live in Dreams forever they enjoyed it so much. Lucy, Awilda, Patricia and Dayanna in the Explorers Club took great care of the kids and really enjoyed their jobs. I was one of the parents who thought 'what's the point of taking kids on holiday and putting them in the kids club'), but I've had to eat my words now. We had to make deals with kids to spend time with us on some days as they loved it so much, and others we spent together swimming or on the beach. You can put them in the club anytime between 9am and 10pm, we tended to dip in and out as the kids wanted. We had great fun as a family, but I have to admit they loved playing with all the kids their own age and Mum and Dad loved some truly relaxing time together without worrying what the kids were up to. We had more evening meals together as a couple in three weeks than we've had since the kids were born. Magical!

With the suite you get access to the Preferred Club with its own bar, snack and pool / beach area. The double beds on the beach we're lovely, but we rarely used the pool - suited most to adults looking for peace! The staff in the Club were outstanding, we dealt mostly with Isabel (manager) and Mailena on the desk (and Elisa pouring her wonderful cocktails!) They couldn't do enough to help with anything we needed, and really touched my wife when they clubbed together on her birthday for a lovely Larimar pendant. They also organised a highly memorable dinner on the beach, which was really romantic and the food out of this world (get the lobster!!). Whilst we we're at dinner one of the supervisors who had been fantastic during our stay spent two hours making our room beautiful with rose petals and towel decorations all around, and jacuzzi with more petals was bubbling away and and a bottle of champagne with table and chairs next to the bath. It was really touching and we we're truly blown away at the efforts they went to. Thanks for the room Pedro!

Everywhere we went we made friends, both guests and staff! Lot's of friendly people staying and we mets lots of people around the pool during the day. The Seaside Grill had to be our favourite restaurant with it's 'safari' feel and with a view down to the beach; the managers Ray and Tito were top notch, friendly and always thinking of their guests needs. I highly recommend the fish Carpaccio and Argentinian Steak at dinner, and love their pumpkin and blue cheese soup at lunch. Really nice food, and cool sea breeze with a great view any time of day.

We had great meals at both the Italian (don't miss Goats Cheese Risotto) and French restaurants (fish dishes amazing, in fact eat as much fish as you can at the restaurants, all fantastic). The Japanese restaurant is great fun with the cooking display and the food lovely, but boy is it hot!! The Chinese is the other side of the Japanese and we didn't rate the food so much (no hot chilli dishes!) and with the heat, we only ate there once.

I was avoiding the Mexican, didn't think I'd enjoy it so much, but turned out to be very wrong! It was a really nicely styled restaurant, lovely and cool and great food. The manager there, Angel, was so friendly and took great care of us. On our last night we had private dining and a couple of really nice bottles of wine - the wine on the list (if you want to buy a special bottle) is not expensive by UK standards, and was a very decent quality. The house wine is OK, surprised to see Spanish house wine in this region, usually very expensive there.

The World Cafe is the buffet restaurant that you can go to pretty much any time of day and find a huge selection of great food which is always hot and regularly refreshed. The waiters are normally really on the ball, although during some exceptionally busy periods did slow a bit as you'd expect.

We did a trip to La Seona which is an island in the Caribbean which was a great day out, speedboats over to the island, few hours on the beach with a BBQ and then a leisurely catamaran back to the port in which there was lots of rum, music and good company.

Also did scuba diving which was great value at $100 for a dive, and had a test dive and training with Francis in the iceberg pool.

The entertainment team were great, they always made us laugh (particularly Gasolina, alright mate!!!) and work so hard to make everyone have fun both round the pool and beach, and then at night with some of the entertainment shows. They had an amazing Circus act whilst we were there and a magician that the kids watched wide eyed with some pretty cool tricks! I even had to Shazam the catchy tune they do a dance on the outdoor stage every day at 3pm, it's called 'Levantando las Manos' for those who have been and want to bring a smile to their face :)

The Beach Party was our favourite night (sundays), the kids have their own beach party at 8pm, and we'd join them after dinner at the Seaside Grill at 8:30pm where we'd all party the night away until the kids fell asleep on sun loungers and we danced on until the bonfire at the end.

Everywhere you go there were things to do and people working hard to provide those things whether the guests used it or not. That's effort, and I have to admit that I like the thought of things being there whether I decide to actually do them is another matter. It's a bit lush, but that's what holiday should be about - do what you want to do!

As I write this, I am still the Sheriff for another 5 hours or so from the Western Show last Monday.. miss it? Me? ;)

Sorry for the long post, but this place deserves a thorough review, don't hesitate to go there and enjoy yourself - I can only imagine why anyone has been critical on other reviews, they must have practically unobtainable levels of expectation. Dreams Palm Beach is a great place in it's own right, but any business is only as good as it's people - and they're top class.
Peter Thompson

Room Tip: Suites are really big with two bathrooms (one big one with twin sinks and jacuzzi) and lounge/diner.
29  Thank Bethu_Thompson
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Punta Cana and I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean and stayed at many all-inclusives. (see my previous reviews) Here is the rundown on the Palm Beach:

Pros:
* Our air conditioning in the room worked perfectly and there was no musty smell there.
* The staff is very friendly and everyone says "Hola".
* The food in the restaurants was not bad and there was a nice selection.
* The resort is kept very clean.
* The grounds are beautiful with manicured gardens.
* The size of the resort is very intimate.
* No problem getting a table even with no reservation services.
* They cleaned the seaweed off the beach several times a day.
* Nice entertainment.
* Didn't bother us after we blew off the timeshare offer.

Cons:
* Our AMEX "Guaranteed" connecting rooms with our daughters was not honored. We were put on the same floor though.
* The rooms need to be remodeled. There were holes in the wall sloppily patched. The shower needed to be re-tiled and the shower head was broken. Water leaked on the floor during a shower and even flooded the room below us. The only reason we didn't change rooms was the perfect temperature in the room and it's non-musty smell.
* The temperature in the specialty restaurants was unacceptable (we went to all of them). The heat was so oppressive that on 2 nights we had to leave before dessert. Only the Italian restaurant was cooled to the point that we were only "slightly" sweating.
* The temperature in the Disco was also unacceptable and we could only bring ourselves to go 2 times and only stayed a short time. We left drenched and couldn't really enjoy it.
* They have to fix the "cesspool stench" in front of our building. Walking past it we had to hold our breath.
* They need to add bartenders at the pool bar. They were clearly overworked and it was hard to get their attention to get a drink.
* The liquor was so watered down that we would ask for shots of whatever liquor was supposed to be in our drinks and would add it to the drink.
* Remove 1/2 the lounge chairs that clog the look of the beach (they were never used) and put them by the pool. We were there one week and were not willing to "reserve" chairs at 7AM so we never got a lounge by the pool our entire stay.

This is an island, the beach is beautiful but it has seaweed, yes the power goes out sometimes, it is HOT there, sometimes there can be bugs and sometimes its hard to communicate when you don't speak the language. I have experienced all of that and have still returned to Punta Cana again and again. That's not the resort's fault and I don't count it against them but the "Cons" are problems within this resort. This is not a "Budget" Resort, it is supposed to be "4 Star Luxury" and it wasn't, I don't feel I received the vacation I paid for and that's why I won't be back to the Dreams Palm Beach resort.

Room Tip: Don't stay in building 9 it is adjacent to the cesspool.
8  Thank DoveyBeach
Reviewed 6 August 2012

25 mins afetr leaving the airport we arrived at the hotel where we were greeted with champagne and cold towels. Check in was fast and we were escorted to our rooms by the bellboy who also gave us a brief description of where everything was on the resort. The rooms were clean and spacious, ours contained a King size bed, single bed and a cot it was a normal deluxe room but was plenty big enough. The buffet restaurant was large with a wide variety of foods and desserts to choose from and the waiters were very friendly. The breakfast was wonderful with a huge choice of foods and even champagne if you so wish! There is also a wonderful little kids section which had plenty of variety. The a la carte restaurants are stunning and I highly recommend Portofino and Bordeaux! The pool is huge and you get frequent waitress service which is lovely. There is also a seperate kids pool which is large. The kids club is fantastic, you can drop off the kids at 9am and you are given a mobile phone which you then return to them when you collect them later. They do different activities through the day around the resort and go for food together, it is very safe and organised and my children loved it!! In the evening the children did games, mini discos, watched movies on the beach, took part in talent shows and then finished at 21:45. I would like to thank the staff at the kids club, Awilda, Patricia, Lucy and Dayana for doing such a good job and making my girls feel special! The activities in the kids club vary from day to day. Maid service was excellent and done twice a day, in the turn down service you receive the itinerary for the following day for the entire resort including kids club activities. There is a coffee shop just by the world Cafe which i loved, it's just like having a starbucks at your hotel and the coffee and snacks were delicious! Patria who worked in there was wonderful and provided my bottles of milk for the baby every morning and night! The beach was beautiful but I'm not a huge fan beaches so we mostly stayed by the pool. There is a barbecue on the beach so you can get chips, burgers etc if you dont fancy going to the restaurant. I was disappointed to find that the seaside bar and grill was only available to preferred club guests during the day as this was not the case in Dreams Punta Cana but it didn't affect my holiday so I won't complain. The desires disco was very small compared to that of Punta Cana, in fact it was half the size but still good fun. We didnt visit the Casino but we did have to walk through it to get to the disco and it looked ok enough but again small. The layout of this resort is a little strange, In order to access the Spa, Casino, Disco and "Theatre" you come back out to the front of the hotel and go to either the left for the spa or the right for the rest. The theatre was the big let down of this holiday. While the entertainment itself was good the theatre is small, and set up like a school concert with rows of chairs and no tables, you even have to go out of the theatre to get a drink!! To top it off the theatre is also used for weddings so if it's in use then the entertainment is set up in the lobby which is ridiculous as there is not enough seating or floorspace for entertaining. The entertainment is also finished by around 10 o'clock so if you can't go to the disco because of children then you won't have much to do. We used to watch a movie in our room or have a quiet drink by the bar. Our First Choice Resort Rep Sandro was by far the best Rep I have ever had and I have been on a lot of holidays!! He could not do enough to help you. He would get you anything you needed from sun cream to shampoo to baby seats for the pool!! He lives by a Wal-Mart so he would pick it up from there as it's much cheaper than the resort shop. He got us two full bottles of nivea kids sun cream that had been left by other guests so we didnt even end up paying in the end. I would also like to thank Gasolina from the entertainment team for being so good with everyone and being very entertaining and good fun!! Overall our holiday was fantastic in spite of the issues with the entertainment. I loved it there and hated leaving.

Room Tip: Blocks 7 and 8 are quiet
10  Thank Jazelise
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just returned from Dreams Palm Beach and already miss it and want to go back. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave the entire staff is so considerate and friendly. We really enjoyed the wide variety of tourists that were there, not just Americans but alot of Europeans as well, and ranging from all ages. The resort does an EXCELLENT job with entertainment. Each night there is something going on from really great shows to live music and dancing. The Entertainment Team is fantastic at involving people in activities and making sure people are having fun. Food was decent and fresh, and there was a huge variety of it to choose from. Our favorite from the restaurants was the french restaurant and the japanese. And they always had the most delicious fresh fruit everyday at the World Cafe.
After reading some reviews, we were expecting mosquitoes and bugs in the rooms, and were pleasantly suprised to find not one mosquitoe or insect in our room during our whole stay.. I don't know if it was because of the time we went or the room we had but it was a great surprise!
The one thing that was a little bit off putting was the seaweed on the beach and in the water, but it wasn't too bad and they do a good job cleaning it up. Definitely the overall atmosphere and service of the resort made up for this. All in all, my family and I enjoyed our stay so much. We usually like to try new places when traveling, however we are already planning a trip back to Dreams Palm Beach!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family