“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I read others' reviews of this hotel and can't believe we have actually been to the same place.
Our first family trip to the Caribbean. We had a total wonderful 2 weeks. I would like to thank all the staff who worked so hard to make us feel welcome and well looked after. There is truly nothing we could fault. If you are pondering over reviews about this hotel then do not worry; attention to detail, friendly staff, excellent service, fun for all the family, gorgeous pools and beach, selection of great trips and adventures outside of the hotel - Fabulous. Williams Family UK

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We are thrilled to have made this first vacation to Dreams a very special and memorable one. We take this opportunity to thank you for sharing such positive experience with others through this forum and for giving us the privilege of vacationing with us.

It was more than a pleasure to have delighted you and taken care of you. We look forward to more vacations here at your heaven on earth.

Best regards,

operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (10,853)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our 2nd time at Beaches Dreams Palm Beach and the care and attention the staff offer is first rate. In my view it is so important that my kids are happy - when they are happy and relaxed , we are happy. This is a hotel where you can relax knowing that your children are in very safe hands. Pinki, Abhi and Ysabel are truly excellent - warm and friendly and love working with the kids. They make it fun and interesting and we struggled to get our 6 and 8 year old out of kids club for our relaxing 2 week stay, other than swimming in the freeform pool. If you are looking for warm, attentive staff that care for your children like they are their own,,you have come to the right place. With a dedicated area for the kids that is completely covered and a fantastic enclosed area outside with a tree house, splash area and even basketball hoop. I have stayed in many AI resorts and this by far the best. keep up the good work. As the staff across the resort frequently say, Excellente. I have to stay that the staff are a credit to the resort. Looking forward to next year. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Late review - Actually Traveled April 2012 for 10th anniversary.

Resort was very nice and clean. Beautiul lobby area and the main buffet was very nice too. Ocean was clean...A little disappointed with the number of cigarettes in the sand though. Food and restaurants were very good...not excellent. Ate at all of them. Make your reservations early...but didn't seem necessary at all the restaurants as there was always open seats with the exception of the hibachi restaurant. I was able to find something good at every meal. The bartenders did great with the drinks, mixed and otherwise.

Felt some pressure at check in to have a timeshare meeting. Wasn't interested and my gift passes (that were part of my reservation) were held hostage for a day or two by the guy(can't remember the representative's name). I understand they are trying to make a sales pitch but when you are down for a short trip, every hour is important! That was my major issue.

We didn't venture far...a few shops within walking distance for souvenirs...bring your bargaining skills for the best prices. Felt safe off the grounds. Overall a give it an 88 of 100

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We are extremely delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities within the resort. It is always very rewarding to receive positive feedbacks from our guests and we will certainly share this with the rest of the team.

On behalf of Mr. Pedro Tomas and all the Dreams staff, we would like to express what a pleasure it was to have hosted you and we do look forward to your next vacation with us and of course to many more volleyball games.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've been to many resorts in the Caribbean and this place is a 1 on a 10 point scale. While the staff is very friendly and agree to everything you ask for, they do not action anything. I was there with 100 other people for a wedding and most of us fell ill. The biggest cause was that the rooms never went below 83 degrees. I sweat through everything every night and drank 4 bottles of water each night trying to stay hydrated. The staff promised each day to fix the issue with the AC, but after 5 days, never did.
They also have issues with their electric going out randomly. There was no water at all in the rooms on several occasions. The lamp on the night stand had a broken switch - had to unplug to turn off. The room in general in old and worn. If you do go their, bring a bath bar - they do not supply one.
Food wise, they have a great buffet, but don't show-up at 2PM for lunch - everything will be dried out or soggy. I was amazed they had a brick over for pizzas, but the quality of pizza varied by cook (not sure how one could screw this up seeing the dough was premade). Food in the seaside grill and the French restaurant was excellent. Asia/Japanese was a major flop (burnt rice,
though beef, dried chicken).
Beachs were clean, grounds were well kept, security was very obvious (makes me wonder). Someof my friends slept at night on the chases on the beach as the rooms were too hot.
Only beer they served was the Presidential - light, which I cannot stomach. Sprits were good, but were really watered down.
I did find out as we were leaving that they do have newer buildings that actually have AC. So I guess it's a hit or miss?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tony M

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to send along your feedbacks in regards to your stay. At the same time we take the opportunity to apologize for not being able to meet your expectations and for the less than favorable experience; please know this was never our intention. However, there are some comments made that we would like to clarify.

We have an adversary feeling towards your comments regarding that a wedding party of 100 guests all fell ill during their stay; thankfully we are glad to say that we have had no weddings where this has ever happened. Furthermore we have not had any power surges, so it is quite surprising to read this.

We respect your opinion; however things such as food and the room temperature are things which are subjective and subject to perception. We are sorry the rooms were not to your standard and that you encountered a few issues. Rest assured that this has already been addressed to our Rooms Division Manager and our Maintenance Manager.

In regards to your friends sleeping at the beach, this is not permitted as our security guards who are always guarding the beach would not allow it and would make sure they would return to their rooms.

We apologize this was the outcome of your stay as this is not the service we are so renowned for. We would like to encourage you to return for a future vacation so that we are able to regain your trust in our brand. For further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to email us.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place is a great value for the money. The animation team is fantastic and really engaging especially Sr. Cocacola and Gasolina. They both made the place fun and exciting. The staff such as Graciela, Tony, Cesar, Jeffrey, and Noemi were attentive and extremely helpful in the restaurants. I can't wait to go back.

Geronimo Salazar
room 7118

1  Thank geronimo s
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very nice people. Wish there was more wifi. Fun activities. It was a good experience and i hope to come back aginnnn. It was very clear water and the hotel was very clean. Room sercice was very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I along with our two boys, ages 5 and 10 months visited Dreams Palm beach from 7/25/13 to August 1st. After a long day of traveling, we arrived at the resort around 12:30pm and checked in pretty quickly and was told that a room wouldn't be available until 3:00pm. That was quite understandable as they is usually the norm at most hotels so we grabbed some lunch and took a tour around the resort. Afterwards, while waiting we hung out in the lobby with our very impatient 6 year old and a sick 10 month old. Thankfully, we were graced with the sweetest waitress Yeraldine. She was so wonderful with the kids and made them feel so special. My 10 month old just loved her and everyday would come to the lobby and I swear he would look for her.

We did wait quite a while for our rooms and we had noticed that people who checked in the same time as us were being escorted to their rooms. My baby was not feeling well and desperately needed to get into air conditioning. I went with him to the front desk and they simply said NO.... There is no room available yet.... I understand this however with a baby who anyone could tell was under the weather, I really thought there was something they could have offered us in the meantime. Finally, around 3:30, I approached them again more firmly and they told me there was no two double beds rooms available. I think I was just so frustrated at this point after traveling all day that I almost started to cry. They did provide us with an additional twin bed for our 5 year old and advised us that if a double room came available, we could move. There was nothing we can do at this point and we were sent to our room and the room key didn't work so we had to go back to the front desk once again.. My husband and I just looked at each other and thought, this is going to be the vacation from hell. We are delighted to say that it wasn't the case and ended up being the greatest vacation with memories to last a lifetime.

The Staff

If you could look up a definition of Excellent Customer Service, the staff of Dreams Palm Beach would be right beside it. From Yeraldine the lobby bar waitress to Victor in the World Café, Wiliken the supervisor at the Mexican and Italian yesterday, I just cannot say enough. Everytime we would sit down for a meal, we immediately felt like royalty. More than anything, the way that they treated my two children just warmed my heart. Our first meal was at World Café and the server Victor immediately came over to our baby boy and offered him a banana... He just loved that and then kept looking for him to wave. A couple nights later we ate at the Asian yesterday and Victor was there again. He went in the back and got him a plate of fruit. Also, on our last night there we ate at the Italian and we asked Wiliken if there was some mashed potatoes we could have for the little one. He told us no problem that he would go over next door to the French restaurant and get some for us. These are little things however these little things count a lot.

The Food

I have never been a fan of buffet however the World Café was quite excellent. I thought that had a huge variety of food so you never got bored and they mixed it up from day to day. I especially loved breakfast as their bacon was delicious and their omelettes were great. All of the restaurants were great however I think our fave was the Italian. Again, the service at all of these restaurants was just superb... Anyone who would say otherwise, must be confused and stayed at another resort.

The Rooms:

We were in building one and it faced the Explorers Club which worked out very well for us as that is where our son spent the majority of his time (more on that later). The room was a bit outdated, especially the bathroom. We rarely spent time in our room so that wasn't really a huge deal for us however they were in the process of renovating which was a little of an inconvenience as there was heavy hammering during the day and men constantly going back and forth with wheel barrels. Again, not a biggie however when you have a baby who needs a nap during the day, it was quite annoying. He ended up sleeping most days by the pool under a shade so it worked out. The maid service was a little confusing. I have stayed at resorts before and they always usually have the rooms cleaned by lunch however most days our room was not touched until 2:00pm. We spoke to another couple who told us that they would leave for breakfast and when they returned, their room was cleaned. I guess we got the wrong building. Also, we only received turn down service once or twice. We didn't return to our rooms until 9pm however we did have young children who went to bed at a decent hour. I was telling our son before we left that every night that do something special with the towels or leave a flower. Again, not a huge let down for me however for our son, it kinda was.

Kids Club (Explorers Club)

I saved the best for last! What absolutely sold this resort to us and why our son has already started saving money in his bank, is the Kids Club. When deciding on where to go on vacation, our son was pulling hard for Disney. After deciding that we want them to be a bit older before we go there, he tried hard to hide his disappointment. I told him that he would love it and now he tells me ....Mom, you were so right. He had the best time of his life. From the bonfire and movie on the beach, birthday party, disco night, sandcastle contests... the list goes on... We would drop him off around 9:30 and they provided us with a cell phone. He would come home just to shower or change his shoes and go again. I am a bit of a nervous Mom so I was a little apprehensive to say the least the first day however I would see him around the resort having the best time, and it would put me at ease. They even take them for lunch and dinner to the World Café. He would see us sometimes there and walk the other way and pretend not to know us....LOL. My husband and I said that if we didn't have the baby, it would have like being on vacation by ourselves. In my opinion, the three hardest workers on the resort.... Pinky, Awilda and Yzabel. They keep those kids busy from day to night and always never fail to have a smile on their faces. My son was heartbroken the night before we left. He made me promise him that we will come back next year.

Just wanted to thank all the staff at Dreams for making this a fabulous vacation. My husband and I stayed at Excellence two years ago and that was fabulous however I would rate Dreams Palm Beach higher in both the Food Category and Customer Service. Just yesterday we were at a restaurant and our little baby was looking around wondering why no one was playing with him or talking to him. He misses all of his friends...LOL.

Looking forward to returning again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment about your recent vacation and for having chosen Dreams as your vacation destination. It was such a pleasure to have contributed to such a fabulous family vacation and we are extremely happy that your children as well as you, the grownups had a great time. We have taken notes about the smaller issues and these have been addressed to the management to prevent any further occurrence.

We hope this is the first of many more family vacations at your home away from home. We look forward to visit number 2.

Best regards,