My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at Dreams Palm Beach for 6 nights. We had a tropical view delux preferred club room. It was not much to be excited about. We couldn't tell by the photos or the website description as to whether or not our room was to have the Jacuzzi tub in it or not. It didn't. There was a nice patio, which each room had. Some rooms even had hammocks on the patios, but this seemed to be a special thing. Overall, we were not impressed with the room, but the bed was comfortable, they kept it clean, and it was good enough!
As part of the preferred club, we had access to a specific beach section, a pool, and a special restaurant. You did have to get up early to claim a spot on the preferred beach side, especially if you wanted an umbrella. The restaurant, which we went to breakfast for once, was nothing special, and we went to the buffet for the remainder of the week for a wider selection of breakfast items. Although, it is to note that the restaurant is right by the beach so there is a great view and nice breeze! We had amazing service from Carlos and Patricia from the Preferred Club. They just really did a wonderful job accommodating us and making us feel welcomed.
The hotel itself was nice. The drinks were good, my personal favorite was the banana mama, which I always get on my DR trips. We ate at 3 of the 4 specialty restaurants, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese Habachi. There was also a French one which we didn't go to. All meals were excellent; I especially enjoyed the Mexican! The pool was nice, lots of chairs around it, also lots of people in it. We preferred the ocean, which was great. There wasn't a trampoline in the water, as we'd expected by the pictures, so we were a bit disappointed by that.
The hotel sent our daily newsletters with all the activities for the day, including the drink of the day and the nightly entertainment show.
There were water activities available including scuba lessons and kayaks. We did the parasailing for an additional cost, which was definitely worth it. Just to note, there are no jet skis in DR, so if you're looking for that, you might want to consider a different country. They do have speed boats as an alternative though.
Overall, we had great weather and great service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro