Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at Dreams Palm Beach for 6 nights. We had a tropical view delux preferred club room. It was not much to be excited about. We couldn't tell by the photos or the website description as to whether or not our room was to have the Jacuzzi tub in it or not. It didn't. There was a nice patio, which each room had. Some rooms even had hammocks on the patios, but this seemed to be a special thing. Overall, we were not impressed with the room, but the bed was comfortable, they kept it clean, and it was good enough!
As part of the preferred club, we had access to a specific beach section, a pool, and a special restaurant. You did have to get up early to claim a spot on the preferred beach side, especially if you wanted an umbrella. The restaurant, which we went to breakfast for once, was nothing special, and we went to the buffet for the remainder of the week for a wider selection of breakfast items. Although, it is to note that the restaurant is right by the beach so there is a great view and nice breeze! We had amazing service from Carlos and Patricia from the Preferred Club. They just really did a wonderful job accommodating us and making us feel welcomed.
The hotel itself was nice. The drinks were good, my personal favorite was the banana mama, which I always get on my DR trips. We ate at 3 of the 4 specialty restaurants, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese Habachi. There was also a French one which we didn't go to. All meals were excellent; I especially enjoyed the Mexican! The pool was nice, lots of chairs around it, also lots of people in it. We preferred the ocean, which was great. There wasn't a trampoline in the water, as we'd expected by the pictures, so we were a bit disappointed by that.
The hotel sent our daily newsletters with all the activities for the day, including the drink of the day and the nightly entertainment show.
There were water activities available including scuba lessons and kayaks. We did the parasailing for an additional cost, which was definitely worth it. Just to note, there are no jet skis in DR, so if you're looking for that, you might want to consider a different country. They do have speed boats as an alternative though.
Overall, we had great weather and great service!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (10,744)

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Every year we go to Punta Cana Dominican Republic to a different resort this time we chose Dreams Palm Beach Resort. The distance between the airport to the resort is short, we were at Club Preference room number 3101-3114-3115 our rooms overlooking the Preference Club pool. Carlos Rosario gave us a great welcome and during our stay was always attentive to the place that we were enjoy . The beach, pool and club area was excellent Angel was always with us with his smile and his attentions we felt really happy. The food super good restaurants very good, the place is relatively small but it goes well. Two things that caught my attention was # 1 does not have ATM to withdraw money directly from my bank account has to be THROUGH credit card and # 2 the ease way with which minors obtain alcoholic beverages, I think that minors under 21 should use bracelets. The entertainment is poor and boring, exept of a couple who play in the gardens until 11pm. Everything else was GREAT
We will definitely be returning again.
GRACIAS A TODO EL PERSONAL CLUB PREFERENCE, EXCELENTE SERVICIO!!!!!!
Lourdes Sanchez
Miami, Fl

Room Tip: I have no complaint about the room I was given EXCELLENT!!!! Room 3101
1  Thank sanc3494
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It fills us with happiness and satisfaction to be warmly embraced by our guests. We are glad that we continue to fill your expectations during each visit. Thank you for choosing Dreams as your home away from home and for your kind comments, which we extremely valuable.

We hope that we have the opportunity to keep delighting you in the near future. Please know that here at Dreams you have a home and a family waiting for your next visit.

Kindest regards,

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1606

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just into end of first week at dreams palm beach and had to quickly get on here to say please, please ignore the negatives, even wondering if some review are for the wrong hotel! Have no fault whatsoever on this glorious hotel, perfecto! Only complaint would be seaweed on beach which for time of year cannot be helped.. Staff honestly cannot do enough for you, air con packed up twice and on both occasion they have sent some one in under 20mins, only minor hitch and something to do with patio doors.. Grounds, infact the whole area is beautiful, pools fab, entertainment team could not do any more and food well I think a few pounds will be gained!!!! First choice reps best we have ever come across, just seen comment on beers on offer, 3 available intact 4! Presidente, budweiser' the one and even corona in Mexican restaurant.... I am off to enjoy the rest of our stay now but if any body would like an honest take on this please inbox me, will update more on return but as said, please please ignore negatives, think some expectations are never met !!!!!

Room Tip: We are in block 8 ground floor not preferred- do not waste the money"
6  Thank rainbowSurrey_uk

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm beach. We appreciate your marvelous kind and encouraging words, this really motivates us to continue making our guests happy on a daily basis. Thank you for highlighting our staff, their hospitality and friendliness captivates our guests.

We hope that you continue to enjoy your stay at Dreams and we look forward to hearing from you again on how your vacations ended.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

On Jul07 2013, I arrived at Dreams Palm Beach with my mother for a 7 day stay for some Sun and R&R . From day 1 till last day. Each and every single staff personnel that passed by would greet us and ask us if everything was ok and what could they do to make our stay more enjoyable. The first day we waited in a crowded lobby for our room to be ready. The room was clean and nice. To my disappointment when I looked out at balcony All i could see was 2 large palm tree leaves and no view. That was room 600 something. Also the mini bar fridge was not keeping water, sodas, beers cold. It was warm. The airconditioner was blowing air but also was not too cold, last but not least the toilet ran/made noise all night and did not flush properly. We called to have toilet fixed but it still was not working properly. Before breakfast I stopped in at checkin desk to advise of these situation. The check in girl was very professional and attentive and asked me if I wanted them to fix everything and or if I wanted to change rooms. I advised that they really should fix everything anyway because giving that room to another customer would not be fair but also because of the balcony view , Id like to change . I look forward to my vacations and the one most important thing for me is my balcony view. The check in girl told me to return after 3pm and they would have a new room for me. So we went about our day and at lunch we were approached by a gentleman and he asked us how we were enjoying our stay? We said everyone and everything and food was lovely. except we did have a few complaints but we had already gone up to the front desk and I was sure everything was going to be fine. The gentlemen listened and said yes it is. I will see you in the lobby later. After a delicious lunch at the World cafe, they have so much variety of food there . We went to the lobby and the check in girl handed our keys to that same gentlemen waiting in lobby for us and he escorted us to our new room. To our surprise we entered a junior suite with a king size bed, 2 balconies , one with a hammock the other with table and chairs, and a beautiful unobstructed view of the pool area and garden , palm trees. 2 bathrooms, a shower and a jacuzzi, living room. The room was beautiful! also we were now in The preferred Guest area and that was a very nice perk. We now had access to the preferred guest only beach area, a Vip Bar with premium liquor and hor'derves , also included with preferred guest was complimentary wifi, also access to the Sea side grill for breakfast and lunch also only avail to Preferred guest only. This really made our stay extra special. Considering it was my mother's Birthday and her first time at an all inclusive hotel with me. The service from the bell service guys , especially Carlos whom greeted you by name each day and also offered his assistance was top notch. As a preferred guest you really feel like a VIP guest. Although even prior to having preferred guest service all workers, bartenders, waitresses , skycap, etc all greeted you with a warm friendly smile and made you feel very special. Afterward we come to find out that the gentlemen that had approached us in world cafe was Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Hilario Peralta. He really made our stay a much more pleasant one and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and Happy. That made a world of difference! I am very Thankful to him for making our stay a very memorable one. Also was impressed with Carlos , from the preferred guest area. Not only was he greeting us each day with a pleasant smile also other guest were being tended to and greeted by name. Customer service at it's best. The waiter bringing back n forth our cocktails on the beach was very nice, friendly and attentive . He was our waiter every day and no one compared to him. I wish I could remember his name? Sorry that I cannot because he deserves it! The French restaurant was our favorite. Food and service were excellent. The Hibatchi restaurant was little too noisy, small and the service was very slow. Alsmost felt forgotten about. The mexican restaurant was delicious and service was also excellent. The world cafe was top because of it's variety, One evening was dominican traditional night, also tasted the most delicious small lobsters in a light sauce. Absolutely delicious. Only thing about the World cafe is that its self serve buffet . The italian restaurant is good. However the French was our favorite. There is also a coffee shop that has sinfully delicious pastries and coffee etc. The lobby had lively entertainment each night. Only thing the lobby at night was kinda warm. They need more ceiling fans. Otherwise very nice atmosphere to enjoy live music and a cocktail. The beach weather was beautiful and tropical. The palm tress and the breeze made it perfect for either sunbathing or just to relax and take an afternoon nap. Overall this vacation was everything we wanted it to be. Good weather, excellent service and good food, and a room with a view. All the main ingredients for an enjoyable vacation. I am looking forward to returning to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Just express your concern if not satisfied. They aim to please!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank azeelnovo117

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. It is an awesome feeling to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that you enjoyed your vacations. Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share such wonderful experience with others and for choosing us as your Dreams home away from home.

It was a pleasure to have served you. We would love to welcome you again in the near future and have the opportunity to keep delighting you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Truly experienced the Excellent service from Check In to Check Out. We were told a good experience is not "good enough" and our stay had to be "excellent", and that is exactly what it was! The cleanliness of the resort was immaculate. Customers were offered antibacterial gel when entering and leaving the restaurants. The food was of a very high quality and tasteful. Our particular favourite was the Italian, but to be honest the Japanese, French, Mexican, Grills and World Café were just as good. We have been fortunate to have travelled extensively and this resort was second to none in terms of value for money. Every individual member of staff we had dealings with worked to ensuring that we were looked after. This was a common view amongst most of the people we spoke to. The rooms were clean to a high standard and for once we found a resort were the air conditioning actually worked. The Beach is clean with crystal clear water. The two pools were also really clean and we found loungers easily accessible. The general manager was usually visible talking to both customers and Staff. Never seen that before! The entertainment was good (not excellent) BUT certainly entertaining. If you do travel to Dreams palm Beach look out for Julio at front Desk, Wilkin and Ary at the Italian, Angel at the Mexican and Carlos at the World Café and the beach. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. :-)

Room Tip: We had the Ground Floor Rooms and they were perfect for us.
1  Thank Ash W
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel,great staff,excellent food,lovely big rooms,fantastic kids club.
Cleanliness of preferred pool wasn't great but I'm sure it's sorted now ,the pool service and preferred lounge were great there was always a selection of goodies on offer in there.
Rooms were tidied but I wouldn't particularly say cleaned although we always had fresh towels.Be prepared for asking for your mini bar to be restocked as its a bit hit and miss and preferred should have whiskey,Bacardi,vodka,Pringles and chocolate (although I think they could re think the chocolate as its m&m nuts and snickers not great for kids or allergy sufferers)again you will have to ask for these.
Room service menu is great a big selection including soup,burgers,pizza,fillet steak,chicken,pasta and much more its delicious and always arrived about 30 mins after ordering and it was red hot.All restaurants offered fantastic foods,the main buffet is really hot to eat in but it's a lovely spacious room with an excellent choice of food.Carlos down at preferred is great he took time everyday to make a fuss of the kids and anything you needed he sorted thank you Carlos.Also Martia on the preferred bar always a smile you were great thank you.Be warned if travelling with young kids some of the ground floor rooms don't have a sealed balcony so you could end up chasing your kids about.Thanks to the girls in preferred lounge reception you were lovely and really helpful.
Myself ,husband ,mum and 4 kids all had a great time ,thanks again to the girls in kids club you were great.
Yes I would recommend :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank swainston0dy

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us for this past vacation and for sharing your experience with other reviewers; this is much appreciated. It is very satisfying to read that you enjoyed your stay at Dreams. Thank you for highlighting how helpful, friendly and attentive our staff is. We are very proud of them all, as they go the extra mile to bring smiles upon our guest’s faces. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with them all.

It was a pleasure to have served you and we truly do look forward to having the chance of hosting you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is our 2 family reunion in the past 4 years at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Canal and you can tell the difference in the management staff it went from a 3 star to total a 5 star resort. I had the pleasure to be greeted by Mr. Hilario Peralta room director, which to our surprised he was gentle enough to escort us to the Preferred Club for our registration . After that the staff from the Preferred Club like always extreme helpful . From them on was smooth sailing . The staff from Tito & Ray at the Sea Side Grill they were wonderful .. The Ground extremely immaculate. Special thanks to our wonderful executive chef Juan Cedano for the most wonderful Dominican meal prepared for our family. And thanks to our dear friend Laurent, where you could see him even playing volleyball with the guests, that's what I call a 1 class rate resort. But I left a very important person a person he easily to be reach even thought he's always extremely busy checking the ground and the staff every where Mr. Pedro Tomas the GM. That's the reason our family keeps going to such a wonderful resort.

Mg Miami, Florida