Travelled to PC Mar 2014. Punta Cana is a fabulous destination. The beach is white sand with pink accents. The water is crystal clear and a lot calmer at Cabeza de Toro than Bavaro. There is only 4 resorts in the area so the beach and water traffic is very enjoyable. As far as the DPB the wait on you right on the beach. The pools are large with plenty of lounges. They state they have more chairs than guests. All you have to do is ask and they will bring them to your spot. The drinks are made to order and plentiful. The weather was gorgeous everyday 85 and sunny with a soothing breeze on the beach.
The hotel lobby is large and spread out with plenty of couches and chairs. The front desk is very helpful to any of your needs. Shout out to Oscar, friendly and effective. The lobby bar carries premium drinks and even Bud and Miller Draft. The hotel is designed in such a way that you can get anywhere in a short walk. The grounds are very well kept and beautiful.
The food starting with the main buffet is plentiful, something for everyone. They have there own rotisserie where the spin chicken everyday. They have a pizza oven where you can order any time day or night. They also have ice cream cones hard or soft serve. They have plenty more stations but those were the highlights for me. Again really good food and selection. They also have 5 a la cartes, French, Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse and combination Japanese showtable or table order Chinese. None of which you need a reservation, they will give you a LED pager to tell you your table is ready, awesome idea. They also have the COCO CAFE which is like having your own Starbucks on site with specialty coffees and assorted pastries and fruit. Look for Coco Boy and Damarias, they are very cheerful and serving.
As far as entertainment, there is plenty of different kinds of things happening each night. Too many to list. You will receive an itinerary every night by your night maid when she turns down your bed for you. For people with children ther an Explorers Club that entertains them morning til 10 pm if you desire. Free babysitting.
Speaking of maids, the rooms are bright and clean. I recommend the top floor as some room have a vaulted ceiling. The amenities in the room are spot on luxury. We have to thank our maid, Delfina, she did an awesome job. The real thanks goes to Hilario Notario, he is charge of the rooms and concierge. He is doing an outstanding job. He manages his staff in such a way that you really do not have to worry about anything during your stay. Muchas, muchas gracias from my fiancée and I. You made our trip a 10 out of 10.
Final word you should book this hotel. It is close to the airport. It has just about everything you need and some more. The beach and weather is fantastic. The staff is plentiful and helpful. You could not ask for more. Until next time DPB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro