“The Greatest”

Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Traveled here with my wife and 7 year old son in late June and we absolutely can't say enough positive things about this amazing place. This was our second consecutive year (both times we stayed in the Preferred Club) and we hope to come back again and again. The staff (particularly Alexandra and Carlos at the Preferred Club) were great. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by a complimentary upgrade as well as a welcome banner on our door announcing our return trip. Here are the details:

1) if you're going to come, please do yourselves a favor and try the preferred club. The pool is isolated and away from the 'party' of the main pool, and it's nice to be able to relax in private without the loud music, etc.

2) it's a family place. Lots of kids at all times. For us, this was ideal, but if you're looking for a quiet couples retreat, try another location. The staff remembers the kids and made my son feel very special throughout the trip.

3) food is good...not gourmet, by any stretch, but exactly what we were looking for. If you're a foodie with a need for high end cuisine, again, try someplace else. The buffet was great. Lots of good food and all fresh. Perfect for breakfast and for dinners where you don't want to try very hard (and when you're on vacation, why try hard??)....The japanese hibachi place was lots of fun too and perfect for our son.

4) Facilities are immaculate....no dirty food lying around or garbage piling up as you might expect in a place as full of people (and kids) as this. No empty cups or plates lasted very long before a staff member quickly and quietly scooped it up and whisked it away.

Final advice...tip your waiters and bellmen, smile and enjoy the friendly people at Dreams. Truly an amazing trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ubermet
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your Dreams get away in Punta Cana and thank you for the fantastic review. We are happy we were able to meet your expectations once more. We are thrilled to read about your successful stay with us; there is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from our valued guest.

All of our Dreams staff, hope to welcome you back home in the near future to experience more of what our non-stop destination has to offer.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We wanted a resort that had awesome food and great entertainment. My husband and I wanted a relaxing environment but not too boring. When we arrived at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana we were excited and knew right away we were going to have fun.

my husband LOVED playing Tennis and working out at their gym. They had a pretty good selection of equipment. My husband enjoyed playing with the tennis instructor Manuel. Very down to earth, nice gentlemen so if anyone enjoys playing tennis while at this resort Manuel is your guy.

The food at the restaurants were good. The buffet had lots of selections, including fresh sea food and steak. So many selections of desserts. AND THE MANGOS absolutely delicious.

The grounds werenvery well kept and no little animals running around.

The beach was gorgeous and the weather was great, we love heat.

The entertainment: AWESOME AND FUN
The entertainment were down to earth, fun, friendly and kept us entertained all night. My husband and I though WOW they don't get tired. They danced, sang, and just kept us laughing.

I gained friends that week and it was sad to leave them.

Manuel, Cuchy (BEST Zumba), Jack, Candyman, Lillian, Christian (The best darn drink) we stayed at the hotel lobby bar. BEST DRINKS!!! Rosie beautiful voice. If I forgot anyone, I loved them all.

All the staff at the resort was great. We went through Apple vacations and they well informed us of everything.

Thanks to our Apple guy.

OVERALL Great resort and awesome time.

Room Tip: We stayed in a basic room. Who cares yiur out of your room majority of the time. Room was descent an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AprilWP
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in with welcome drink, shown to room and around facilities. All staff went out of there way to ensure the holiday was amazing. Pool side waiters. Can't fault this hotel at all. We did have a leak in the room from the air con but that was sorted instantly. Restaurants were amazing huge variety constantly kept topped up and fresh. Plenty of staff all on hand to help with anything. Very clean and tidy through out and hygiene was at a high standard aswell. Amazing resort would love a return trip very soon

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Louclemens1979

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination in the Punta Cana area and for taking the time to write such a delightful comment; it is much appreciated as this motivates us to continue providing the excellent service we are so renowned for.

On of our staff, please know that we loved to be part of this vacation and we hope we can continue to do so in the near future with the rest of your family. We hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

First, the staff at this resort is incredible!!! Simon "I Love My Job" de lo Santos was the best waiter/bartender ever. Anytime he saw us, he hooked us up with whatever we needed. Some days, we would see him as early as 8:00 for breakfast, and then again in the evenings (long work days), but he always had a smile.

The Entertainment Team is absolutely amazing. They made our kids (ages 14, 12, and 7) feel like part of the team. Special thanks to Woody, Candyman, Gasoline, and Jack, for their energy, enthusiasm, and overall likeability. The shows were alot of fun too - there was something different every night!!! The kids especially loved the "Night of Stars" show.

The hibachi restaurant was great. We liked it so much, we went twice. Both chefs were fantastic, and the waitresses were very attentive. The world buffet was also great, although we usually just ate breakfast there. The variety was astounding. Loved the beach grill too -- best cheese fries around. Absolute best meal was when they brought in fresh fish and cooked it right on the beach - served it with a seafood pasta fra diavolo. It was delicious.

The Preferred Club was worth the extra expense. The preferred check-in and check-out were very very easy. Free internet service was a must with 3 kids. There was a private pool that was nice when anyone in our group wanted some quiet time. And, the beach lounges were very comfy -- you could even take a nap. It was surprising how the noise from the main pool area didn't carry over into the preferred pool area. The Preferred Club lounge had great snacks all the time, as well as a premium bar. And the staff/concierge at the lounge were very helpful!! Lobster Night on the beach was wonderful. The Seaside Grill next to the lounge was a nice option for breakfast and lunch (quiet compared to the craziness of the buffet) -- but dinner there the first night was only OK. (Fortunately, dinner every other night was great!!)

The room itself was small, but was clean and tastefully decorated. Housekeeping called us almost every day to see if we had everything we needed. If we asked for anything, it was brought right away.

We were a little disappointed when we arrived and found out that our room was in a different building than the rest of our group, but it worked out great. It gave our immediate family a little privacy.

The "free" activities were great. Kids had an ocean trampoline and climbing wall, there was a foam party, inflatable obstacle course, pool aerobics, zumba, introductory scuba diving (in the pool), kayaking, giant chess set, and lots more. We also paid to go parasailing, scuba diving, and banana boating - a little pricey, but worth it.

Our trip to Dreams Palm Beach has given us some wonderful memories!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Angela243

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. It is our desire to ensure that every guest’s experience is both exceptional and memorable, we are glad we were able to contribute to your lovely vacation.
We do our best to make them feel right at home as part of our family. Thank you for your words of appreciation towards our staff, they are our greatest asset. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed our facilities as well.

It was a pleasure to have delighted you and we look forward to host you pretty soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The happiest place on earth. My piece of heaven. Awesome staff. The entertainment group was second-to-none. Jack Michael, Woody, Sunny, Candyman, Lisandro, Cuchi, Lillian for starters. Simon on the beach and the World Café. The hardest working man on the planet with an apparent zest for life. All of these people never seem to tire. They work very hard with a smile on their face at all times - in the heat I might add. I can't forget to make mention of the cleanliness of this resort. Very important. I could go on and on. Everyone is interactive with the guests which enhances the experience to me. I stayed here for a week in April 2014 and came back for the long 4th of July holiday weekend. Shout out as well to Milan. Any suggestion or request was handled with positive feedback. He came through all of the time. Nothing is too much trouble - again with a smile on his face. I better stop righting now. FANTASTIC RESORT. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Any room will do as the only thing I did in the room was sleep and shower. Too much going on to wast...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Pat M

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment about your recent vacation and for all your compliments. It is so rewarding to learn you fully enjoyed our hotel. We would love to welcome you back home in the future, so that you can relive the whole Dreams experience again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel was lovely, the grounds were well maintained and really pretty, 3 great pools (We were preferred so had access to that pool too) beautiful beach. The waiters were so attentive, we were served drinks all day and kept happy! Room was great, good size and decent decor. The hot tub in our room was disappointing, couldn't really feel the jets! And the toilet had a wall directly in front which was a bit restricting. But good overall. Minibar was topped up daily.
The restaurants were fantastic, great choice of food in all 6 of them.
My complaints would be the music played by the preferred pool, and the lounge area - the same CD was on repeat daily!! I had to play my music on my phone as it was driving me mad. also the Wifi was rubbish, if you moved 1 foot it would disconnect you instantly.
The staff were mostly friendly and attentive, although I did get served the wrong dish once in a restaurant and when I told the waiter he didn't' seem bothered, or take it back! I didn't bother trying to get him to change it and had it anyway.
We didn't get involved in any of the games or entertainment as it didn't interest us, but there seemed to be a lot going on, even if it was cheesy at times!
Overall it was lovely and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alipongo

Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for sharing how wonderful your vacation at our resort was through this forum, we truly appreciate such encouraging comments as it motivates us to continue providing excellent service.

On behalf of the Dreams staff, it was a delight to have hosted you; we look forward to your next stay at your home away from home. Hoping it is soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin...I was a little taken back when I arrived as I was expecting a little more as far as the look of the lobby and I guess the hotel itself as I heard so many say it was beautiful so we wanted to try it. Not only were we celebrating our 1 year anniversary but we wanted to have our wedding there since many indicated it was nice. Well, we first had to remind them we were celebrating our anniversary, then the day of we had to call and remind them again. As we attempted to rest in our room that I was not impressed with the view which they referred to as Garden where of a small area with A few palm trees. Let me just add this also...mind you this was the same room the resort tried to have us book for $1,136.00 for 4 nights with a little more research I found for $400.00 less. Ok, so the room was clean and it was somewhat quiet. But as we attempted to sleep we kept getting disturbed numerous times of hotel personnel knocking on the door to hand us a flyer of activities which we already received upon check in. OK you may say that's not that bad...how about they would knock once then attempt to open the door with their key...This occurred numerous times a day until I stomped my way to concierge and complaint. This apparently is the norm for them...but had it not been for my husband putting the chain on the door they would of come in regardless of what you were doing. That was a big NO-NO for us. Also, they would call us at the cracks of dawn waking us up from a long night of dancing. Let move on and talk about the personnel that is set up to sell Time Shares...be aware of this they will try and trick you with a prize or tell you that it is not a time shares. But ohhh it is and they tell you it is only a 90 min presentation but turned out to be 2 half hours of our vacation time to hear them try and trick you into buying a time share. But wait it gets good...they are wonderful to you, feed you then when you say NO you don't want to buy they get an attitude and the niceness comes to an Abrupt HAULT. Ohhh the big price that they were talking about was a gift card that they claim I could use at Walmart. So we then venture off to the office where the wedding coordinator is situated so that we can ask questions about having our wedding there and the gets nasty and tells us we should of made an appointment before coming. Me being all flustered I asked to speak to her manager when she quickly changed her tone with me. So we decided to not have our wedding here. They lacked good customer service skills. The food was good on some nights there was 1 night that there was not a good variety of meats for dinner. The best restaurant for was the Japanese we went twice. I was not too impressed with the drinks they made at pool bar. The food they prepared at the beach hut was the same every day but no sooner than you took it out of the Warmers the food got cold...that would be because it was windy though. They had meat steak/chicken on a stick to offer but my hubby got sick from it because the chicken was not cooked all the way. The beach was really nice and clean. The pool was also nice and clean but there were annoying kids (not our own either) in the water that would just follow us around...finally we decided to let them have the pool.I got so fed up because we left ours at home with the sitter where we're there parents? No where in sight to monitor them. The club was not happening when we went at all and the other entertainment on stage to us was not good...we have been other places where we really enjoyed it all and they were not at the same level as to what the Dreams Palm Beach was suppose to be. The one thing that we noticed is that the Managers did walk around the property this you do not see at many resorts.

• Stayed: June 2014
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to send along your feedbacks of your recent holiday experience at our property. As a service oriented company our main concern is our guests` complete satisfaction and it deeply concerns us to learn that we did not meet yours,

We are avid followers of all that our guests have to share about their experience here in Dreams Palm Beach. The feedback that we receive is the basis to continue on the line that has taken us very far amongst our competitors and to improve all the things that we must in order to continue to grow even further. Rest assured that all these issues have been addressed to the management to prevent any further occurrence. For further comments or questions, do not hesitate to email us.

Respectfully,