Traveled here with my wife and 7 year old son in late June and we absolutely can't say enough positive things about this amazing place. This was our second consecutive year (both times we stayed in the Preferred Club) and we hope to come back again and again. The staff (particularly Alexandra and Carlos at the Preferred Club) were great. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by a complimentary upgrade as well as a welcome banner on our door announcing our return trip. Here are the details:
1) if you're going to come, please do yourselves a favor and try the preferred club. The pool is isolated and away from the 'party' of the main pool, and it's nice to be able to relax in private without the loud music, etc.
2) it's a family place. Lots of kids at all times. For us, this was ideal, but if you're looking for a quiet couples retreat, try another location. The staff remembers the kids and made my son feel very special throughout the trip.
3) food is good...not gourmet, by any stretch, but exactly what we were looking for. If you're a foodie with a need for high end cuisine, again, try someplace else. The buffet was great. Lots of good food and all fresh. Perfect for breakfast and for dinners where you don't want to try very hard (and when you're on vacation, why try hard??)....The japanese hibachi place was lots of fun too and perfect for our son.
4) Facilities are immaculate....no dirty food lying around or garbage piling up as you might expect in a place as full of people (and kids) as this. No empty cups or plates lasted very long before a staff member quickly and quietly scooped it up and whisked it away.
Final advice...tip your waiters and bellmen, smile and enjoy the friendly people at Dreams. Truly an amazing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro